EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info

Unread 08-19-2010, 03:22 PM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw
Default Old Icon Set

Is it allowed to upload the old default icons here ?
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:44 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

not sure because they are after all SoE property but why upload them? Unless you have a custom skin I don't think it will even use the old icons.
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:57 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

You should be able to use the old icons plus the old /images/icons/icon_trans1.dds file to get the square icons back no problem.

And considering you're not claiming the files to be yours, and people have used old skin files in the past, I don't see the problem.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 08-20-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:51 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Splitpaw

Okay,
I have so far restored all the old icons using a backup that is like 2 years old.
had to edit some files manually though but it's not looking very good ^^.

Someone alpah channel is not restored again. I am using the nVidia texture utilities (the new cuda powered command lile tools). Even if using -alpha option on conversion back to dds.

I put the restored icons files in my custom ui directory (which is profitui atm).

I'd appreciate if someone could let some old files fly over to me on some way which I just did not have anymore. These are icon_ms2.dds, icon_ss22.dds and icon_ss26.dds. Maybe pm or eMail. my eMail address is dennisbruenig1983 [4t] g0ogl3ma1l [d0t] c 0 m
(replace those masked characters)
Unread 08-20-2010, 10:39 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
You should be able to use the old icons plus the old /images/icons/icon_trans2.dds file to get the square icons back no problem.

And considering you're not claiming the files to be yours, and people have used old skin files in the past, I don't see the problem.
The square icons seem to be in the icon_transp1.dds file. I was desperate to lose the rounded corners and retrieving that file seemed to do the job for both my hotbars and bags.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction
Unread 08-20-2010, 02:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Sorry I meant to type trans1.dds, as there is no trans"2"
Type-o!