EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 05-06-2013, 02:19 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default How to: Fixing Updater / missing shortcuts / Proper re-install

If you're updater is having issues, or your shortcuts don't work, or shortcuts won't show up on desktop, or you need to re-install the Updater....

1. Open the command prompt
    • Win key + R
    • Type in: cmd
    • Press enter
  2. Type: javaws -viewer
  3. Hit enter
  4. Select DrumsUI updater
  5. Hit the red X, delete button
  6. Hit close, hit OK, and close command prompt.
  7. Re-launch the Updater install from http://advancedmod.com/DrumsUI/ (or directly download the java launcher file from: http://updater.pala.de/drumsui.jnlp )

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 05-08-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:50 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Would you like to create a batch file to run multiple patchers/programs with one click?
Does your Updater not launch programs properly via settings?

This is how to create a file to open DrumsUI Updater and EQ2Map Updater simultaneious via a Batch file.
  1. First, open your Start Menu and search for DrumsUI Updater so that it shows it as a result. (Alternatively, right-click the shortcut on your desktop)
  2. Right-click DrumsUI Updater and hit Properties.
  3. This will show the Properties window of your DrumsUI shortcut. Leave this window open.
  4. Open Notepad
  5. Paste this in:
    Code:
    @echo OFF
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaws.exe" -localfile -J-Djnlp.application.href=http://updater.pala.de/drumsui.jnlp "C:\Users\***\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51\67d8c133-5efb0fd2"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\EQ2MAP Updater\EQ2MAP_Updater.exe"
  6. Now Copy the Target line from the Properties window that you have open. It will look something like this:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaws.exe" -localfile -J-Djnlp.application.href=http://updater.pala.de/drumsui.jnlp "C:\Users\***\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51\67d8c133-5efb0fd2"

7. Paste the contents of the Target OVER TOP of the entire Line 2 of the code you have in Notepad. (What is above is just an example for you to replace)
  8. You'll have to replace Line 3 with the proper location of your EQ2MAP_Updater.exe. You can find this by similarly right-clicking your shortcut for that.
  9. Now File > Save As... in Notepad.
  10. Change the Save As Type to All Files (*.*)
  11. Name the file Updaters.bat (or name it whatever you would like)
  12. Save it to your desktop.

So basically each line is just a program to launch essentially.
If you would like to change the icon of your batch file, the best way is to move the batch file into your Documents, right-click it and Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut). This will make a Shortcut to the batch file. Shortcuts can have their icons changed by right-clicking them, and hitting Change Icon.
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
If you're updater is having issues, or your shortcuts don't work, or shortcuts won't show up on desktop, or you need to re-install the Updater....

1. Open the command prompt
    • Win key + R
    • Type in: cmd
    • Press enter
  2. Type: javaws -viewer
  3. Hit enter
  4. Select DrumsUI updater
  5. Hit the red X, delete button
  6. Hit close, hit OK, and close command prompt.
  7. Re-launch the Updater install from http://advancedmod.com/DrumsUI/ (or directly download the java launcher file from: http://updater.pala.de/drumsui.jnlp )
so I do this cmd and type the javaws -viewer and it says it is not recognized as an internaor or external command, operable program or batch file. Trying the next step you posted. Ok just tried your next step and the new Updater.bat gives me and unknown type error because it is trying to open the drums updater that is not recognizable. I have reinstalled drums full then the updater but the updater only puts you to the http://www.advancedmod.com/DrumsUI/ website. I am starting to give up and just clicking the updater, let it update, then my maps then the maps opens my EQ2 but I shouldn't have to do this like it was before, darn Java.

Last edited by Afinia : 05-10-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:30 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Try finding "Java" in your Control Panel. Open it and hit the "View" button under Temporary Internet Files.

Resume from Step 4 for re-installing.
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:47 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Guk

I tried everything suggested and was still unsuccessful. I finally did the following and was successful:

Hit start button, in search field typed java.
Found the Java in Control Panel and clicked the Security tab.
The "Enable Java Content in the browser" was not ticked. (I vaguely remember unticking it a while ago in response to the outcry over Java's security issues) Once I ticked that, everything was fine.

Just thought this might help if other's have also been pulling their hair out.

Deirdre
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks for the tip. I could see where that would get in the way.