EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 04-17-2010, 02:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks for the info both of you. The new installer for the game client is different than it was about a year ago. It seems like and odd place to install the game.
Unread 05-02-2010, 07:02 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Update Log:
v1.9 - 2010.05.02
- New: Player window options window now has a toggle for Smart Curing
- New: Group window options now has a toggle for "self" (F1) for normal and with-Pet versions.
- New: Hotbars now have a grab handle when hovering over them to more easily move them around/access the right-click options.
- Update: Switched both Group and Raid windows to use r1-r24/g1-g6 commandline casting. This opens more support for international players and maintains Battlegrounds functionality. (Affects both normal and with-Pets version of group window)
- Update: The Stat Bar has new stats added: PVP Crit Mit (goes live GU#56), Accuracy, Flurry, BlockMod, Spell Reuse, ZoneArea name, and Location.
- Update: Browser window has been overhauled to include 4 tabs. It is now equiped with a "Favorites" dropdown menu which can be edited from DrumsUI_browser_favorites.xml!
- Update: Hotbars' overlays will now auto-config themselves when loading into game. (Previuosly they waited for a mouse-over, which will still work in the event auto-config fails)
- Update: The journal window has been made ready for GU#56 and the Storylines feature.
- Update: The persona window's weapon stats width areas were increased to accommodate larger numbers. New Stats added: PVP Crit Mit (goes live GU#56), Flurry, and Spell Reuse (this is different than Ability Reuse).
- Fix: The checkbox on the Completed quest tab of the Journal should no longer over the Share quest button.
- Fix: The Market windows Advanced Search options pops up more to the left. Mousing over the sell tab causes this window to hide itself. Hopefully this change will prevent that from happening as much.
- Fix: The Seller information in the Market window now has a tooltip. If the seller text is too long to fit, just mouse over it to see the full location.
Unread 05-04-2010, 12:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi

Thx for the last update ... it's great to see that this UI improves !!! The casting reuse is UBER as it was really something missing and the moving of hotbar is much better now instead of having to "resize" to move !!

2 things now :

All my fast casting from 1 to 5 in the group window or raid window now display R21 instead of the name in channel ... how can i solve that ?

Would it be possible for you to put this fast casting 1 to 5 on :
target
target of target

when i raid it can be a bit tricky to find the MT in raid window and then cast on him ... way faster to just click on the target window or the target of target window

Keep up the great job ... this UI is clearly the best in game atm !!

Synoni
Unread 05-04-2010, 12:18 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I'll have the r1-r24 and g1-g6 fixed shortly. It was a changed to help out non-english users, but it backfired on my thinking

As for the target/implied target, I think this could be a viable option for sure. I'll check out this possibility when I update the target/implied target HP/power bars to match the player window's style.

Cheers,
-Drum
Unread 05-04-2010, 05:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.10 - 2010.05.03
- Reverted the group and raid windows from the r1-r24,g1-g6 commandline casting. Your tells and chat text should be normal again.
Unread 05-04-2010, 11:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

That's really great !!! Thx a lot for the reactivity
Unread 05-05-2010, 12:10 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Dude your interface is pretty neat, but I can't use it man. For me I am really anal on how I like everything to be. I can't just have floating windows in my UI. I'm more of a minimalistic person, but I like everything to fit together.

I think the real reason why I use to love ProfitUI over any of the others is that it has the best integration compared to other mods. Only problem is that Profit isn't very minimalistic. It has too much bulk & extra unneeded crap, and just needs to be slimlined.

If you can make a pretty, minimalistic (you already have that pretty well set), and slimlined UI that incorporates a little integration then you have me sold.

I currently use some ProfitUI + some DrumsUI + my mods (many unreleased).
Unread 05-05-2010, 01:32 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks for the feedback Drago.

I feel if I were to make a more stylized version of the UI I would want to release it separately. I like the fact that everything can pretty much be stripped from the full UI without having to edit any files (just have to grab all the necessary includes). I dislike micromanging the UI when things get too separated with thousands of alternative layouts/setups. That's why I've been trying to implement options as toggles, rather than seperate XML files!

Design is one of my weaker points. I can do simple ideas, but when it comes to actual graphics-base design I simply don't have the mindset for it.
Other than that, I think it's cool that people can use my mods to mix and match with other UI pieces.

For something I do in my free time, the UI has come a long way though

Who knows, anything can happen

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 05-05-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Unread 05-05-2010, 10:21 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Group and raid members in Battle Ground no-show

Awsome ui thanks for sharing great work.

Have one small issue I cant figure out, all map poi and grouping works in normal maps.
But when join battle grounds group and raid members wont show on mini or main map.
Unread 05-05-2010, 11:31 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaKen View Post
Awsome ui thanks for sharing great work.

Have one small issue I cant figure out, all map poi and grouping works in normal maps.
But when join battle grounds group and raid members wont show on mini or main map.
I'll look into the raid dots. Someone else had mentioned this to me, but I let it slip by the wayside. I'm not sure what I missed for this change, but I'll throw it on the updater as soon as I find it.
Unread 05-10-2010, 04:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yea I seen to be having the same issue (again). This happen the first time I downloaded the updater a couple of months ago, sadly I don't remember what was done to fix it. I run windows vista and its telling me I need admin permission. My old updater is no longer working so I had to download a new one apparently, I downloaded the file and unzipped it then clicked the unzipped file and it opened the web page up, there is no icon on my desk top to change admin rights on... It doesn't seem to be fully installing. It is when I click on the "update" button on the web page that I receive the "you need admin rights" message. Any suggestions?
Unread 05-19-2010, 12:27 PM
A Coastal Crab

I'm having an issue where not all of my hotbars show the countdown within the button, i use 9 hotbars and only 3 (i presume what were the original 3 before i shuffled everything long ago) show the numbers within them.... this would be a simple fix except i do not get an option to set a different hotbar as my primary/secondary etc when right-clicking them, and using the same UI across several toons whose hotbar layout's vary makes reassigning the hotkeys to these bars a bit tedious

any help or inisight drums?

thx
Unread 05-19-2010, 01:14 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickD25 View Post
I'm having an issue where not all of my hotbars show the countdown within the button, i use 9 hotbars and only 3 (i presume what were the original 3 before i shuffled everything long ago) show the numbers within them.... this would be a simple fix except i do not get an option to set a different hotbar as my primary/secondary etc when right-clicking them, and using the same UI across several toons whose hotbar layout's vary makes reassigning the hotkeys to these bars a bit tedious

any help or inisight drums?

thx
The numbers only show when the Frames are turned on in each individual hotba's Window Settings. And the timer bar shows when Frames & Titlebar is enabled.

Hope that helps,
-Drum
Unread 06-17-2010, 04:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.11 - 2010.06.17
- Update: Target/Implied windows have been updated with a style closer matching the player/group windows.
- Update: The battlegrounds icon gem in the topright corner of the player window has been made slightly smaller.
- Fix: The storyline tab in the Journal window should no longer be displaying placeholder/incorrect text.
Unread 06-19-2010, 08:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

hey drums, have just switched from profit to drums and am loving it .. thanks for the hard work. especially like the customisable stats bar and just the polished look and feel of it in general.

quick question - when i use the updater, one of the files just gets left not updated: its " UI/DrumsUI/DrumsUI_overview.txt "

it just says "some files could not be downloaded, please try later". is this file important? and is there something i need to do to get it to download?

thx
Unread 06-19-2010, 04:08 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimulayi View Post
hey drums, have just switched from profit to drums and am loving it .. thanks for the hard work. especially like the customisable stats bar and just the polished look and feel of it in general.

quick question - when i use the updater, one of the files just gets left not updated: its " UI/DrumsUI/DrumsUI_overview.txt "

it just says "some files could not be downloaded, please try later". is this file important? and is there something i need to do to get it to download?

thx
Hey, glad you like the UI. I'm not sure how I managed to put that file on the updater, but it's not important to have. It was just a text file with an overview of each UI piece. It's also out of date.

I'll fix that so it doesn't show on the updater any longer
And a semi-up-to-date UI description for each window can be found in the DrumsUI Full Release topic.
Unread 08-10-2010, 06:07 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Are the layout files suppolied supposed to be complete finished layouts for the specified resolutions? It seems like when I load it seems like things are just all over the place (like the stat bar doesn't go across the whole screen, and its floating on the left side about 2/3rds of the way up the screen and only open enough to show one of the bars (and not all the stats selected on it)). I end up having to move all the windows on the bottom (or top depending where i want to put it), in order to get it in a proper position.

If that's how it is right now, that's fine, I'm just trying to figure out if something is bugged with my install and its not loading correctly, or that's just how it is.
Unread 08-10-2010, 11:47 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistleknot View Post
Are the layout files suppolied supposed to be complete finished layouts for the specified resolutions? It seems like when I load it seems like things are just all over the place (like the stat bar doesn't go across the whole screen, and its floating on the left side about 2/3rds of the way up the screen and only open enough to show one of the bars (and not all the stats selected on it)). I end up having to move all the windows on the bottom (or top depending where i want to put it), in order to get it in a proper position.

If that's how it is right now, that's fine, I'm just trying to figure out if something is bugged with my install and its not loading correctly, or that's just how it is.
Nope, it's just my layout. Anyone is free to submit their own layouts though!
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:05 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Nope, it's just my layout. Anyone is free to submit their own layouts though!
Thanks. Now another question... is there an easy way to use the sans serif font for everything? When I was playing with the UI last night, it seemed like it was using serif for certain elements no matter what I had checked in EQ2's options.
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistleknot View Post
Thanks. Now another question... is there an easy way to use the sans serif font for everything? When I was playing with the UI last night, it seemed like it was using serif for certain elements no matter what I had checked in EQ2's options.
Not sure about that, haven't messed with font options in game much. I think that option only affects certain elements, but I could be mistaken.
Unread 08-10-2010, 01:26 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Not sure about that, haven't messed with font options in game much. I think that option only affects certain elements, but I could be mistaken.
I know with Profit, everything comes out in sans serif... well until I alt-tab out and it goes to windowed mode then I switch back to full-screen, then it seems to freak-out and some of the stuff goes back to serif (like merchants and guild tags... which are also annoyingly cut off when it happens). But I assume that is a EQ2 problem, and not one with the UI itself.

Come to think of it, it was pretty late last night... wonder if I had accidentally switched out of fullscreen and back and don't remember... I'll have to double check when I get home now. lol.
Unread 08-18-2010, 08:19 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.12 - 2010.08.18
- New: Persona window total overhaul/update for GU57. Similar layout to the DrumsUI inventory window, but with slightly smaller icons. Stat layout has changed slightly, but is close to the old persona window
- New: on the Compass, click zone area name to toggle your location
- New: Guild window's experience bar shortened and added Rally Flag and Members Online to the bottom of the window to be visible on any tab
- Update: updated Casting window style. You can now click the casting bar to cancel spellcasting. Click & drag on the spell name to move the window
- Update: examine windows slightly tweaked for spacing. Examing effects expands long data details (instead of showing a small scroll area)
- Update: changed the color of the effect names text in the Maintained window to be less dark. This window does not yet support the right click "Show/hide text" integrated with GU57
- Update: by user request, the highlight color on the Tradeskill window's recipe list has been brightened up
- Fix: bank's Toggle Bank Bags button tooltip corrected
- Fix: "Avoidance" is now spelled correctly in the Stat Bar setting window
- Fix: pressing the browser's minimize button now takes focus off the window, allowing movement & other controls to be responsive
- Fix: the Prepare step of crafting is no longer automatically skipped. Until SOE takes another look at the tradeskill window, normal and comissioned crafting have too a high of a chance of bugging users out. Hopefully this change helps stop any more problems.
- Fix: compass heading-orientation is now fixed
- Fix: tweaked bag's close button & drag handle to cover slighty less of the icons they overlay
- Fix: Implied Target's health percentage color should be acting normal again
- Fix: Item currency icons in the Mechant window should no longer cover coin costs in the selection list. Also updated the window to support GU57's station cash items.

Lots of files updated!

If you get a message saying a file could not be downloaded on your first run, it's just the eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml being deleted.
Unread 08-18-2010, 11:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Ginormous exp bar

Just logged into GU57 and everything seems to be fine, except the exp bar wants to stretch across the screen. I can move it where I want and re-size it. But when I tab out or zone, it's back to the original size. Anything I can do to lock it down?

Thanks.
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:31 PM
A Coastal Crab
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Have a quirk for ya... In the guild window Rally flag and number online are smack dab in the middle of my windows... no matter what tab.
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikkel View Post
Have a quirk for ya... In the guild window Rally flag and number online are smack dab in the middle of my windows... no matter what tab.
Reported and noted Was a mistake on my part. Will have it fixed tonight.