EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 02-03-2010, 01:47 PM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

This is how I have set it, I still need to set my hotbars, but this is the result as it will look like when I am set..

I changed the raiding window out for another, but other than that, its all you..

Thanks for it yet another time..

Resolution is: 2048x1152 and I'm running it in window mode on a 23" screen, so its very nice to look at imo..

Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000039.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	7109
Unread 02-03-2010, 01:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Looking good
Glad you got everything up and running !
Unread 02-06-2010, 01:57 PM
A Brown Bear

Love the UI and it is very clean. I was wondering if you plan on adding quick buttons to the group/raid window similar to the Profit UI. This would facilitate healers and casters alike in casting a Heal/buff to a person out of group or in group without having to switch targets or make multiple macros.
Unread 02-06-2010, 05:08 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxs View Post
Love the UI and it is very clean. I was wondering if you plan on adding quick buttons to the group/raid window similar to the Profit UI. This would facilitate healers and casters alike in casting a Heal/buff to a person out of group or in group without having to switch targets or make multiple macros.

I plan on adding quick cast buttons to both windows, yes. I also plan to make them editable from within the game so that everyone can setup their spells exactly how they want them to be.

Cheers!
Unread 02-07-2010, 06:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

Hiya Drummers this is Adek from eq1 Been using your interface for some time now and I really like it. Will you have this UI updated and ready to go for the new exp? On early launch day. Still wish Justadreamer would come to eq2 I really miss her and all of the good times in eq1. just cant see going back to it again. been spoiled by eq2.
Unread 02-08-2010, 12:48 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallace3 View Post
Hiya Drummers this is Adek from eq1 Been using your interface for some time now and I really like it. Will you have this UI updated and ready to go for the new exp? On early launch day. Still wish Justadreamer would come to eq2 I really miss her and all of the good times in eq1. just cant see going back to it again. been spoiled by eq2.
Hi adek! Good to hear from you. And yeah, same. I still talk with her often in-game across channels.

Indeed the UI will be ready for the expansion on the early launch date. I have a physical copy pre-ordered and will be wanting to play the minute the servers come up
Unread 02-08-2010, 05:20 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I plan on adding quick cast buttons to both windows, yes. I also plan to make them editable from within the game so that everyone can setup their spells exactly how they want them to be.

Cheers!

This is GREAT news indeed..
Is it something you are workingo n atm, or is it a more futuristic plan ?

No matter what, I can't wait to see it..
Unread 02-08-2010, 05:29 AM
A Griffon

On a side note

Have you considered an autoupdater for your this ?
I am pretty sure that already now you have found your way into many computers, and will find even more + making it easier for everyone, if you can make it that easy to update
Unread 02-08-2010, 06:09 AM
A Griffon

lol yes an autoupdater would be great and i cant wait for the quick cast buttons
your UI is getting better all the time and once the buttons are done ill be moveing over to it 100% but at moment as a healer the profit buttons are a must or have i just been spoilt by a good ui mod lol either way cant wait and have you got a trime scale when it may be out

Belamir
80 Defiler
Splitpaw
Unread 02-08-2010, 12:33 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I'm actually hoping to have the click buttons out with the expansion. It may or may not happen. The one thing I don't wanna do is sacrifice any features, and currently it's possible with the in-game editable text, that users wouldn't be able to submit map POIs, and with a new expansion coming up.... well that would be no good.

Worse comes to worse, I'll use presets and a text file for users to edit.

As far as an updater, this is something that I would love to make available. However, I have no idea where to start on something like this!

Perhaps I can do some research on it.
Unread 02-08-2010, 01:50 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I'm actually hoping to have the click buttons out with the expansion. It may or may not happen. The one thing I don't wanna do is sacrifice any features, and currently it's possible with the in-game editable text, that users wouldn't be able to submit map POIs, and with a new expansion coming up.... well that would be no good.

Worse comes to worse, I'll use presets and a text file for users to edit.

As far as an updater, this is something that I would love to make available. However, I have no idea where to start on something like this!

Perhaps I can do some research on it.
Looks at GM9 with big "appealing eyes" maybe you could help out in that area or point to the right person

never know may make ya come back ..."runs away before one gets kicked"
Unread 02-08-2010, 03:24 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Kaldran's updater (i.e. the ProfitUI updater) is open source and available for other UI's, just ask him about it. And I'm not coming back, don't make other UI authors feel bad by asking for it in their threads please.

Last edited by gm9 : 02-08-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Unread 02-08-2010, 03:38 PM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Any possibility of getting the target/implied target windows to match the new player frame style?
Unread 02-08-2010, 03:38 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Kaldran's updater (i.e. the ProfitUI updater) is open source and available for other UI's, just ask him about it. And I'm not coming back, don't make other UI authors feel bad by asking for it in their threads please.
wasnt my intention to do that was just a bit of cheeky fun and thanks for the pointer

Unread 02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qupe View Post
Any possibility of getting the target/implied target windows to match the new player frame style?
Just did this today. Will be out with the next update
May have squashed the con_vesion1 weirdness bug as well.

And I'll see if I can talk to Kaldran! about it. Thanks gm9.

Cheers.

Unread 02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I said Kaldran, I'm sure I did.

*covers his tracks*
Unread 02-08-2010, 09:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

LOL ... Nice one
Unread 02-08-2010, 10:15 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Thumbs Up Compliments to the Chef

Drumstix, Want to give my initial props on the full UI. I've been using a good number of your pieces for a long time and I believe you and I have traded coding in the past. Since I'm mostly using yours now I guess I don't have to code myself anymore Great work with all of your pieces and I look forward to seeing how it evolves. I even decided to shif off my target stat bar I have been using since '05.

Minor cosmetic errors, however with the Persona window. The factions bars are too wide for the window and thus the very right side of the bar is cut off. This happens regardless of if the list has a scroll bar or not. My guild window also has a bug in that I can view and edit the ranks on the Ranks tab (I'm leader), but on the Bank Settings tab no name show up in m list of ranks. I can however, click the "invisible" names and options correctly show for the rank I have selected.

As far as future upgrades/mods... you mentioned you were working on a tracking window. I love and have used MaddBomber's tracking window (http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4185). It's about as compacted as you could hope to get, but looks good if the background is made clear. I generally leave it open whenever adventuring (and sort it so named are on top... never know who's in the area and needs killing).

Thanks again for your hard work and support as GU's are released. Keep up the fine work.
Unread 02-10-2010, 11:23 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Quote:
Just did this today. Will be out with the next update
May have squashed the con_vesion1 weirdness bug as well.

And I'll see if I can talk to Kaldran! about it. Thanks gm9.

Cheers.
Awesome, any idea when that update will be out?
Unread 02-10-2010, 11:33 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks for all the feedback Valdacil. I saw the guild window issue last night and will fix up the other ones as well. Tracking window will be released with the next update for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qupe View Post
Awesome, any idea when that update will be out?
Since I still have some changes to finish up, I'm just aiming for the early expansion release date of the 16th. I'll push it out the night before so everyone can have their files before the servers come up that day.

Cheers.
Unread 02-10-2010, 11:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I've completed testing of being able to save custom text in-game through the AddPoi window (modified). It plays nice with the default method of adding custom POI's so users will still be able to submit POIs and save their own while using the DrumsUI.

Look forward to this with the next release.

Cheers!
Unread 02-13-2010, 08:41 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar
Angry

Hmm, I changed over yesterday. I like most everything about this UI EXCEPT that Ding-nabbed, ghosh dinged, Cr#*py Market window. I tried really hard to abscond with ProfitUI's market window but couldn't make it work right so had to go back to the std.

Why, why, why do you think I want to have to switch windows constantly in order to put items up for sale? Currently, I put something in the sale window, highlight it and Search Broker. What do I get? I get booted to the Buy side of the broker window to look at prices. In order to set my price I have to tab back to the Sell side, thus losing my look at the Buy broker side. This SUX big time.

Bar that issue, I'll keep it as Profit is no longer being maintained by the guy that dreamed it up. I dun like that; it's sorta like owning a car when the dealer goes out of business.

Unread 02-13-2010, 10:42 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by deKoven View Post
Bar that issue, I'll keep it as Profit is no longer being maintained by the guy that dreamed it up. I dun like that; it's sorta like owning a car when the dealer goes out of business.
LOL, sounds like a career opportunity. Wanna buy a used car?
Unread 02-13-2010, 11:48 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by deKoven View Post
Hmm, I changed over yesterday. I like most everything about this UI EXCEPT that Ding-nabbed, ghosh dinged, Cr#*py Market window. I tried really hard to abscond with ProfitUI's market window but couldn't make it work right so had to go back to the std.

Why, why, why do you think I want to have to switch windows constantly in order to put items up for sale? Currently, I put something in the sale window, highlight it and Search Broker. What do I get? I get booted to the Buy side of the broker window to look at prices. In order to set my price I have to tab back to the Sell side, thus losing my look at the Buy broker side. This SUX big time.

LOL @ gm9

That's a pretty good rant there mate. The window is modified upon the base default UI and hasn't seen any changes to reworking the tabs. However, there's been more than 1 request to update the Broker window and I've already replied that it's being updated with the next release

However, until then, you should still be able to use the ProfitUI broker standalone download from this page here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...ketWindow.html

Cheers!
Unread 02-14-2010, 08:44 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar
Smile

I thanks ya for the link; DLed it immediately. I am very glad to hear that you're looking into this window. Bar that little item your interface is looking very good indeed.