EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 01-03-2010, 01:20 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Thanks for the feedback! Glad that you're enjoying the UI.

The InfoCenter works perfectly fine with the DrumsUI full release. The only reason I did not include it was to keep the size of the UI down, and to keep the InfoCenter as something optional. It's usually much easier to install said "add-on" then it is to UNinstall it for the common user.

The market window is something I would like to expand with and allow more options. The only thing is I don't want to overload the window with drop down lists as the minimal size of the window will increase. However, I'm sure I can find some decent ways to still include the features Currently there is only the "Set class and level" button for at least quicker searching for gear, etc.

The tradeskill buttons problem has been around forever, and also a problem in the default UI. If you uncheck the Recipes box and keep the list hidden, you will have better results with they keyboard controlling the hotkeys. Unfortunately there is no way around this due to it being hard coded.

Lastly, I'm going to leave the Active Quest window alone until next major update, since the window is going to be going through some huge changes with the expansion. This has been public information on the Sony forums and here (multi quest tracking). However, I'll see about implementing the feature if it's still useful.

Thanks!
And now that the new year has passed, I should be available to put some more time into updates. Cheers!

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 01-03-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Unread 01-17-2010, 01:09 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost
Default My setup

Raid window goes in the same place as tracking since I never have them both up. Detrimentals are in a small area right above my hotbars (between the player window and the little hotbar), with pet window right above it. Group window is right under the player window, for easy click to cure access. Voice chat list is transparent, just to the left of the map...it only lights up with someone's name when they're speaking. Makes for a pretty clean setup even with lots of windows up, great job with the sizing.

I have a 1440x900 screen, and I play windowed but maximized, so it's easier to switch to Firefox, ACT, Vent, etc. I also left some comments and nitpicks on the UI download page, as I wasn't sure which place was more appropriate to post.
Unread 01-17-2010, 01:45 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

foozlesprite, thanks for all your feedback. I also read your reply to the DrumsUI download comments. All of the things you stated are great suggestions, and a few of them have just been on the back burner. Some things, like the tracking window, are things I tend to forget about as I don't often play my scout for example...

Any way, I thank you for all your support! And I didn't take it as nitpicking at all. The UI will definitely survive the expansion

*edit* Oh and I'd rather see feedback/opinions/suggestins posted here in the topic since the UI will always be going through changes, and it makes it easier to keep specific feedback in a forum topic (since comments on the download page become out dated quickly).

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 01-17-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Unread 01-18-2010, 11:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Autoattack bar?

hey just loaded this ui seems to be awesome, except i cant figure out where the auto attack bar is it didnt pop up for me is there something i need to do to enable it?

otherwise great UI

Arterial Heartstopper

Befallen
Unread 01-18-2010, 11:57 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

The autoattack bar pops up when you're in combat, you can't see it otherwise.

I have some more suggestions too, after playing around some more. I'd like to see the region name under/over the compass since I'm not sure where else I can find out what region I'm in. And also, I'd like to see you do something with the HO wheel...either make a smaller version or turn it into a bar or something, it's just huge by default lol. Perhaps a smaller version of the player window too, to match the size/layout of the group windows?

That's it for now but you know I'll bug you if I think of something else
Unread 01-18-2010, 12:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default autoattack bar found

thank you i actually had it hidden behind my act mini window lol so now i have no issues thanks again for creating an awesome ui
Unread 01-18-2010, 01:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Compass region name was up there in my idea list somewhere, as well as the HO wheel.

The player window was also on my top next-to-do's. Since I'm showing percentages in the player window, is there any reason to keep the dividers on the health/power bars? I mean there's few fights where you need to stay above a certain percentage for either, but I'm curious if anyone would miss the little "bubbles" of the health bar versus just a single bar like on my group window.

Cheers.
Unread 01-18-2010, 08:40 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I don't really mind either way, but if you use bubbles try to keep them minimized...perhaps just quarter the bar instead of using 5-10 like I've seen some mods do. Since you've got the percent it's not really that important.
Unread 01-19-2010, 07:19 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foozlesprite View Post
I don't really mind either way, but if you use bubbles try to keep them minimized...perhaps just quarter the bar instead of using 5-10 like I've seen some mods do. Since you've got the percent it's not really that important.
QFE this!

and i would like a "click item title in examine window to search while brokering"
useful for me if i look for transmuted materials checking what powder and fragments are the cheapest and keep the examine windows open to just click the title to search them. its faster than typing it every time into searchbar. (used this with profit)
Unread 01-19-2010, 08:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Md4 View Post
and i would like a "click item title in examine window to search while brokering"
useful for me if i look for transmuted materials checking what powder and fragments are the cheapest and keep the examine windows open to just click the title to search them. its faster than typing it every time into searchbar. (used this with profit)
That's a good idea. I'll see about putting that in the next release. Bypassing typing things already on screen is definitely nice.
Unread 01-20-2010, 02:54 AM
A Sea Turtle

and a small change/addition i would love to see:
in the settings window for the click to cure i can set the curse to tell raid and group but not guild.

for us:
raidchat shows potm dispatch etc. no real communication mostly ignored
groupchat shows peace of mind frigid gift and group related stuff only and communication with group
guild chat is mostly clear during raids and only used to say if you have curse. it is clear, healers see it better.
for other communication we use VC

greetings nimda
Unread 01-20-2010, 05:29 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I'll try to add it in as an option. Another user requested sending tells to channels for when they play a healer and need to tell the raid that they are curing curse.

So I'll try to implement both.

All of this would be easier if we could edit text fields and save them in the UI. Hopefully some day soon this will be possible
Unread 01-20-2010, 06:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Things fixed so far and working:
- Effects/Detrimental effects icon sizes are playing nice and will auto-fix themselves
- Statbar automatically refreshes when changing characters
- Player window settings auto refreshes when changing characters
- Group/raid window checkbox auto updates to correct setting when changing characters
- Included UISettings files for a few resolutions

- Group window without pets
- Player window style change to be similar to group window
- Mail window, compass with map region text
- Examine window: click title to search in broker, add link buttons for LootDB
- A few fixes to have text display better in other languages
- Quest journal +/- button overlaps dropdown category selector

Being worked on/starting soon:

- Tracking window
- Market window extra filters, and possible some other changes.
- More options for player window (send tell to channel when curing)
- Option for group/raid to send tell to channel when curing

1 note: My market window already has a "Set class and level" button in the advanced search window. It doesn't have one for tradeskills yet though.

The one thing I can't nail is that occasionally the target window gets partially covered when in con mode v1. I'll probably have it fixed soon though. I've had it happen to me a few times, but it's infrequent.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-01-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Unread 01-24-2010, 12:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor

Interface is great!

Would like to see a nice clear tracking window added (as others have said).

The timers on my toolbar displays are rarely lined up with the buttons, not sure what is going on there. The timers get out of sync on resists, but that's likely not something that can be dealt with automatically.

would like to be able to turn off the auto attack and ranged timers, they are annoying a lot of times when in groups.

Great combination of bits, I remember using your UI parts back in the early days and customizing them as well, but I'm really not into figuring all that stuff out again!

Keep up the great work and looking forward to the next release!

Aimelia/Kithicor
Unread 01-29-2010, 02:33 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

One little thing I've noticed (not sure if it's isolated or not), the 'interrupt spells to cure' button on the group window doesn't seem to save between sessions, I have to check it every time I switch characters. Not sure if there's a way to save that or not.
Unread 01-29-2010, 09:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by foozlesprite View Post
One little thing I've noticed (not sure if it's isolated or not), the 'interrupt spells to cure' button on the group window doesn't seem to save between sessions, I have to check it every time I switch characters. Not sure if there's a way to save that or not.
It should be loading upon first opening the game, but yes switching characters (with the currently uploaded version) is not updating the checkbox correctly.

This had been noted as being fixed a few posts up, and I'm sorry for not releasing the fix sooner

I "will" be releasing an update before the expansion, aiming for tomorrow or Sunday.
Unread 01-30-2010, 02:47 PM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I "will" be releasing an update before the expansion, aiming for tomorrow or Sunday.
And you just saved my evening..

I've been using profit UI for ages, but you work here is just awesome, and I can't wait for the new release and the .ini files so I can get all windows up..

Not sure what I did, but I have tried to install this 3-4 times now, and still without luck
Unread 02-01-2010, 09:05 AM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.2

- Statbar options, player window cure options, and group/raid checkboxes now appropriately update when switching characters!
- Effects/detrimental effects window now handle icon sizes better and automatically adjust when switching characters
- Group window now comes stock WITHOUT pet health bars showing (Pet version available in /Alternatives/ folder)
- Player window style updated to match group window (original version available in /Alternatives/ folder)
- Examine window's text names (Items/Spells/Harvests/etc) can be clicked on to search the broker when it's open (remember to reset any search filters if you set any while searching)
- Examined items now have a "LootDB" button
- A few small spacing/text fixes for other languages (more to come as I catch them)
- Journal window's "Expand/collapse all" button no longer slightly overlaps the drop down list on each of the quest tabs
- New: Compass with zone region name displayed; re-size window vertically to hide/show text; window re-sizable horizontally as normal
- New: Mail window that's styled like the other DrumsUI compacted windows; window now also re-sizable

Also included are a few layout files (3 resolutions):
DrumsUI_1280x1024_layout.xml
DrumsUI_1440x900_layout.xml
DrumsUI_1680x1050_layout.xml

Copy and re-name any of these and rename them to match your character (serverName_characterName_eq2_uisettings.xml) ie:
Blackburrow_Drumstixx_eq2_uisettings.xml

Player/compass windows (didn't get a mail screenie):

Up-coming changes/additions:
- Tracking window
- Broker window filter dropdown(s) and quick buttons
- Multi-tabbed browser (possibly with configurable favorites)
- More curing configurations
- Ability to modify text options in-game AND have them save

Custom text saving may be made possible very soon here. I've been testing some code with the help/direction of gm9. By hijacking the Add POI window, we can save custom options to a "fake map" and use those POIs as text options
Unread 02-01-2010, 06:51 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Also included are a few layout files (3 resolutions):
DrumsUI_1280x1024_layout.xml
DrumsUI_1440x900_layout.xml
DrumsUI_1680x1050_layout.xml

Copy and re-name any of these and rename them to match your character (serverName_characterName_eq2_uisettings.xml) ie:
Blackburrow_Drumstixx_eq2_uisettings.xml
/load_uisettings also does the trick

if youre not familiar with /load_uisettings:

1. copy the files into your main eq2 directory where you can find your other UI Settings files and your everquest2.exe
2. backup your current UI Settings file to a save place or simply rename or make a copy of it.
3. in-game type in chat /load_uisettings and select the resolution file you want
4. make some last window movings to fit your needs
5. have fun
Unread 02-01-2010, 07:55 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Md4 View Post
/load_uisettings also does the trick
Yes but it's not recommended since it keeps settings from your previous UI as well which can lead to problems. When installing a UI for the first time better do what Drumstix posted.
Unread 02-01-2010, 09:25 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The player window's cure graphics are showing as the old size, and will look off. I had this fixed, but missed putting it into the zip.

Attached is the updated XML. Will be in the next zip in the next few days.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml (24.8 KB, 1021 views)

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-01-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Unread 02-02-2010, 05:33 AM
A Griffon

Downloaded, installed and windows almost set..

I LOVE IT

Thanks again
Unread 02-02-2010, 09:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Tradeskill Repeat Box?

Hello. I'm looking for a new UI that has a feature that will allow me to check a box to auto repeat or even some advanced option of entering the number of items I'd like to make. I have yet to download your UI but did not see any mention of this feature. DeadBeats (no longer supported) used to have this feature allowing me to bypass those steps of hitting enter or clicking repeat/create buttons. It may not seem like a big deal but when you are filling large orders as a tradeskiller it is something of an annoyance. Thanks for reading.
Unread 02-02-2010, 09:19 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechau View Post
Downloaded, installed and windows almost set..

I LOVE IT

Thanks again
Glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striking View Post
Hello. I'm looking for a new UI that has a feature that will allow me to check a box to auto repeat or even some advanced option of entering the number of items I'd like to make. I have yet to download your UI but did not see any mention of this feature. DeadBeats (no longer supported) used to have this feature allowing me to bypass those steps of hitting enter or clicking repeat/create buttons. It may not seem like a big deal but when you are filling large orders as a tradeskiller it is something of an annoyance. Thanks for reading.
Hello,

Currently there's no features for setting an amount of "auto-repeats" or any "auto-repeat" option. I can look into it, but it seems like it could be a not-so-great way of accidentally wasting some components.

However, if you hide the recipe list while crafting, you can simply hit enter repeat the process, and it also skips the "components" window going straight back to the creation process. When the recipe list is hidden, the tradeskill hotkeys will remain in focus.
I know it still requires interaction, but I don't plan on adding anything automation-wise to the tradeskill window currently. The window is already very annoying to work with and a lot of hardcoded parts make it worse!

I'll keep it in consideration though while making any updates to the window in the future.

-Drum
Unread 02-03-2010, 05:38 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Glad you like it
-Drum
I spend about 2 hours last night setting up windows as I wanted it for my resolution and in window mode, gonna post a screenie later when I get home..
I must say I am very pleased with it, and I hope you will never stop keeping it up to date