EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 08-18-2010, 04:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Fabulous UI, been using it for many months now. I want to especially say thank you for your great UI button editor...I hear people complain all the time about how hard it is for them to change the raid/group buttons in profit, and I tell them all they need to get a better UI...like Drums, for instance .

Regarding the GU updates...first, again thanks and wow for being so quick with it. I am noticing that the crafting window seems to have dropped one of the counter buttons...I'm only seeing 5 instead of 6. The last progress button seems to have wandered off .

Lastly, is there an easy way to check out the new default red ui color? It's not a big deal to me, so if it's embedded in all your windows and difficult to offer as an option or something, no worries. Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Unread 08-18-2010, 05:26 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Hey all, thanks for the feed back! I have a couple fixes on the way which will be released tonight.

If you would like to see what the UI looks like in the red color it is very, very easy to switch.
Go into your UI/DrumsUI/images/ folder and delete the following image files:

buttons_master.dds
commonelements.dds
specialelements.dds
widgets03.dds
window_elements_generic.dds
window_elements_specific.dds
windowelements.dds
Unread 08-18-2010, 06:21 PM
A Coastal Crab

I love this UI & want to thank you for keeping it up to date. With GU #57 there's a reaction button missing from the tradeskill window. Can you fix this please?
Unread 08-18-2010, 06:32 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Yeah, I think some icon changes or something made the element pass the 6th icon into a 2nd invisible row. Should be a quick fix, and if it is, will have it fixed tonight.
Unread 08-18-2010, 10:59 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost

Thanks for the quick update. Bugs I noticed:

-Rally flag/members online floating mid-guild window as mentioned above.
-Crafting window button disappearing, as mentioned above.
-If any of my bag rows aren't full rows, the extra space that used to be blank now has a black background to 'fill out' the extra rows/columns. Changing background settings in window settings doesn't fix this.

Thanks again, big hugs and and lots of cookies to you for the amazing UI.
Unread 08-19-2010, 01:19 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by foozlesprite View Post
-If any of my bag rows aren't full rows, the extra space that used to be blank now has a black background to 'fill out' the extra rows/columns. Changing background settings in window settings doesn't fix this.
I just checked this in game, and adjusting the Windows Setting for Backdrop opacity seems to be working just fine.

Could you double check this problem and post a screenie if it's still not working right for you?

Cheers. The other problems you mentioned are being fixed here soon
Unread 08-19-2010, 02:30 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonger1150 View Post
What files am I ignoring thats causing my Spell editor to show POI window instead of the edititor when I click edit on a button?
eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml

This file needs to be up-to-date from DrumsUI to edit your cast/cure buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrady1981 View Post
Hey there love the UI and thanks for staying up to date with it each time. I just had 1 question. I keep losing the stat bar at the bottom of the screen what is the command to get it back?
/show_window MainHUD.StartButton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonger1150 View Post
My goal is to use most of the Default UI, but add in Drum's Group and Raid window and I'm not having much luck figuring that out.
I'd recommend using the individual downloads for those windows then from their respective download pages.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 08-19-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:15 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost

Just went in game to double check and it seems to be working fine, probably human error on my part. The only gripe I have is that the new minimap minimum size is too big, but that's personal preference b/c I play on a laptop with small screen, and for all I know that may be something SOE put in that can't be changed. Thanks again.
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:47 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Cool. I'm not sure how to go about modifying the mini maps minimum size. I too dislike the new minimum size.
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

i have pretty much always prefered default except for c2c windows... but i really really like this ui...... i have had an issue tho... when i log out and log back in or swap toons the ui windows change.... i shrink own the xp bars and they go back to full lenght when i relog..... i also use the widescreen mode and put the status bar across the top.. when i relog the bar falls behind the widescreen border.
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:00 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadie View Post
i have pretty much always prefered default except for c2c windows... but i really really like this ui...... i have had an issue tho... when i log out and log back in or swap toons the ui windows change.... i shrink own the xp bars and they go back to full lenght when i relog..... i also use the widescreen mode and put the status bar across the top.. when i relog the bar falls behind the widescreen border.
Try locking your XP bar in place after getting it in the desired location. I'm not sure why it would be moving after each session. Also, try to keep it away from very, very top or bottom of the screen.
As for the Stat bar falling underneath the widescreen windows, that seems very odd. I'll look into it, but not sure there's anything I can do.

Cheers.
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:02 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Md4 View Post
mainhud maintained window not compatible ? got message its not.

i used the right side aligned version btw.

the default one is working
I looked at the files and the correct maintained (right-side-icons) was pushed live. If youre using the Updater try change your options back to default and reselecting the right-sided choice to perhaps redownload the file.

If you're using the manual install, try re-extracting the file from the new zip.
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

yeah i lock windows when i get them to desired location/size..
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:16 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadie View Post
yeah i lock windows when i get them to desired location/size..
Some have suggested right clicking the window and hitting the "Minimize" option (no visual change will occur) and then re-moving the bar to the desired location. Try zoning once to force a save for the window location and see if that helps.
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:25 AM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.13

Update Log:
v1.13 - 2010.08.19
- New: Included new graphic file that slightly modifies the "queued spell" pulse to be more visible. Rounded icon borders are untouched.
- Update: Inspect player "show appearance" button now matches the inventory. Also slight tweaks to element sizing/spacing
- Update: Persona window's border changed to be round on to the top as well (to match and keep consistency). Also the tabs at the bottom take up 5 pixels less space.
- Update: New casting bar is now 4-pixels smaller vertically.
- Fix: Tradeskill window now properly displays 6 buttons (update caused only 5 to show during crafting)
- Fix: Tradeskill window will now bypass the "Prepare" page ONLY when hitting the repeat button. This is the cleanest method to allow comissioned crafting to work and allow repeating to be more fluid.
- Fix: Rally Flag and Online texts in the guild window are now properply aligning to the bottom of the window.
- Fix: Fixed a few spacing anomolies on windows with tabs that weren't caught the first time

Before updating, save your /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.12 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the drumsui_textsettings.xml file if you already have it, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons
Unread 08-20-2010, 05:27 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Valor

if i inspect someone (or myself) hitting the appearance button didnt do anything and if you hit it again (so 3 times) you switch to bio tab.

fix pls

using 1.13 version

can you please revert the icons back to not have round corners or put a variant selection into updater pls. i dislike this change and was happy it didnt change before i updated to 1.13 :/

greetings n1md4

PS: youre doing a really fantastic work Drumstix!

PSS: ill try to redownload the maintained file with updater
Unread 08-20-2010, 07:38 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Problem with Group Window Click Cast Buttons

Hello,

Tried you UI out with Patch 57 to see how it works. I especially liked the "Click Cast/Cures" configurability. It's installed and updated to the latest version using the Updater: "v1.13 - 2010.08.19". I can't seem to see the Quick Cast buttons in the group window. In fact, the group window I see looks just like the old stock EQ2 group window, with large "con" windows for each group member. I see the Click Cures buttons below the group member window for that player (they're dim, I can mouse over them and it shows the cure configured). But I don't see any Quick Cast buttons at all.

Here's what I see:

Is there a special DrumsUI Group window that I need to configure to replace the stock one?

Regards,

Conor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DrumsUIGroupWindow.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	7383  

Last edited by Conor : 08-20-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Attaching a picture of the Group Window I see
Unread 08-20-2010, 07:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor View Post
Is there a special DrumsUI Group window that I need to configure to replace the stock one?

Regards,

Conor
The quick cast buttons show when you mouse over the group member. Currently there is a bug in which the buttons won't appear when you are not in a group.

I'll be fixing this ASAP.
Unread 08-21-2010, 02:04 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default RE: Problem with Group Window Click Cast Buttons

Thanks for the reply!

I saw the Quick Cast buttons appear when I joined a group. However, they appear on top of the health/power bars for the character and not to the right side. I tried playing with the window a bit and got them momentarily to appear on the right side but then they snapped back on top of the health/power bar again. They also have no numbers in them (just empty boxes) - I can mouse over them and it shows what's programmed.

Regards,

Conor
Unread 08-21-2010, 02:25 AM
A Griffon
Featured

The cast buttons are set to show over the hp/power bars. The numbers should be showing though.
I've never heard of them not appearing for anyone before.

Are you using other UI pieces?
Unread 08-21-2010, 04:36 AM
A Brown Bear

Default crafting hotkeys only work if you use mouse first

When I am crafting, I cannot just hit 1-6 to use craft skills.

First I must click one of the skill buttons with the mouse, then after that I can use 1-6.

Clicking the window does not give keyboard focus for some reason, it must be one of the actual skill buttons.
Unread 08-21-2010, 04:39 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmosean View Post
When I am crafting, I cannot just hit 1-6 to use craft skills.

First I must click one of the skill buttons with the mouse, then after that I can use 1-6.

Clicking the window does not give keyboard focus for some reason, it must be one of the actual skill buttons.
This is a game limitation. If you hide the recipe list, you normally won't have to use the mouse first.
Unread 08-21-2010, 10:41 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
The cast buttons are set to show over the hp/power bars. The numbers should be showing though.

Nope, it's a clean install. I'm also a Fetish user but I switched to the entire DrumsUI set. I'll try to capture a screenshot.

Regards,

Conor
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:33 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Quick Cast Buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post

Looks like the numbers are showing now, not sure why they weren't before. I changed rendering options to use the 3.0 shaders, that might have been what fixed it. Likely a rendering anomaly due to my local machine.

Thanks!

Conor
Unread 08-23-2010, 08:15 AM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.14

Update Log:
v1.14 - 2010.08.23
- New: Maintained window's icons can now be clicked to cancel maintained buffs. The top 2/3rds is the button (shows a tootlip) and the bottom 1/3rd shows the normal icon tooltip. Alternate version updated, too.
- New: Group window now has a new persistant option to display cures to the bottom of (default) or to the right of group members via the settings window (Pet version not supported).
- New: Now includes Mini-map file which no longer display the N,S,E,W icons.
- Update: The square-bordered icons image file is now included in the /Alternatives/ folder.
- Update: In the Tradeskill window, hitting the "Clear" button will also set your cursor to the input field.
- Fix: Tradeskill window now successfully focuses the reaction buttons for keyboard usage on creation start!
- Fix: Small fix for the Tradeskill window's Create button not reappearing after crafting an item.
- Fix: Inspect player window now properly shows appearance slots.
- Fix: Click-to-cast buttons in the Group window now appear on yourself if you're not in a group and choose to have yourself visible.

Before updating, save your /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.13 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the drumsui_textsettings.xml file if you already have it, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 08-23-2010 at 02:10 PM.