EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 12-28-2012, 05:38 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default UISettings after a character switch

I'm not sure if this is specific to DrumsUI, as I've been using it for a while now, but this never used to happen until I switched. I did a search and found a somewhat similar post, but it's quite old, so I'm starting a new one.

If I launch EQ2, everything is correct, but as soon as I switch to a different toon on the same account (camp and switch) my second chat window with 3 tabs on it disappears. My main chat window is still there and has the five it normally has, but the other one is simple gone. If I load_uisettings and reload the settings (for the same character I just switched to), the 2nd chat window comes back, but now the threat window and Spell Timers window are missing. I can click the menu button, and click "Show Threat Meter" to bring that back, and click "Spell Timer Settings" and then click "Save" on the spell timers settings window, and that brings back my Spell Timers window.

I have to go through this procedure every time I switch toons - load_uisettings, show threat meter, save spell timer settings.

Also, my character hp/power bar (with click to cure) will not stay put between logins. I have it all the way at the bottom, below my hotbars, along with my target and implied target windows. When I log in, it's moved up about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I have allow windows offscreen, and I have the window locked, but it always moves, on every character, every time.

(attaching a screenshot of window positions, and my uisettings file)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UI-layout.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	8004  
Attached Files
File Type: xml Permafrost_Beddict_eq2_uisettings.xml (66.8 KB, 289 views)
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Some more info on this. I was mistaken about one thing - this condition doesn't only occur after switching characters - sometimes it occurs on the first login as well.

Could this possibly be because I was previously using ProfitUI and switched to DrumsUI? I used one of the ProfitUI layout files as a starting point, and then moved/resized things to my liking to end up with the template that I used for all characters.

I'm in the process of reinstalling EQ2 from scratch, and then will also re-do my UI from scratch to see if that fixes the problem. It's gonna take a bit of time, but no answers here, so not sure what else to try ...
Unread 01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

If you're installing in Windows 7 (or really any version of Windows), I'd recommend installing it to C:\games\EverQuest II or something like that. Keep it out of the C:\Program Files folder structure.

1 - You know exactly where it got installed.
2 - You avoid all the UAC stuff with Windows 7 where it may prevent the application and 3rd party tools from writing to or modifying files there.

I have seen on my old system where Norton Antivirus interfered with parts of the game being able to save changes. Some kind of timing issue where the file wasn't being unlocked by NAV soon enough for the application to save the change. So, you might exclude the EverQuest II directory if problems persist from your A/V software.

Also, sometimes the UI Settings files get so overloaded with stuff that they stop working correctly and windows stop remembering their positions.
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:37 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhuh View Post
Could this possibly be because I was previously using ProfitUI and switched to DrumsUI? I used one of the ProfitUI layout files as a starting point, and then moved/resized things to my liking to end up with the template that I used for all characters.
When you change custom UIs, it's fairly common for the window settings from one to not work completely with the other. My general advice is that if you're switching UIs you should delete the UI settings files (saving copies if you think you might want to revert back) and start fresh from either the template files that come with the new UI or the EQ2 default ones for a brand-new character (the ones you get if you don't import another character's UI settings when asked). Then re-customize your layout from there.