EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 03-29-2013, 02:27 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Keep forgetting to put inv search back in, I shall get on it...

for now use: /finditem Name Here, to do search.

And the broker filter I can look into. I'm pretty sure searching for Fabled returns Ethereal though...
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:42 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Keep forgetting to put inv search back in, I shall get on it...

for now use: /finditem Name Here, to do search.
I just made a macro with the /finditem command and stuck it in a hot bar. Not sure why I didn't do that sooner, saves an extra step or 2 to bring it up. I haven't clicked on that Sort button yet but does it give you an "Are You Sure?" first?
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Color zips should be downloadable again.

I had a PC crash (hard drive went boom) and other hardware failure recently. Sorry for the delays.
Unread 04-12-2013, 08:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
- Update [Container]: Increased icon/row size to support higher stack size text.
- Update [Persona]: Search button is back. Re-sized buttons a bit to fit everything.
Unread 04-19-2013, 04:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default not installing

ok i posted a pic of the error i am getting when i try to install the ui but did not get a response. so i am trying again.

when i click the install i get application error : unable to launch the application. the detail for this error is this .... now there are 2 tabs to the application error the firs tab named " Exception. gives this

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://updater.pala.de/drumsui.jnlp
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.downloadResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

the next tab on the detail info to the error is " Wrapped Exception" and says this......

java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.http.HttpURLConn...Client(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.http.HttpURLConn...onnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.http.HttpURLConn...onnect(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doGetRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.downloadResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

****SO, what do i need to do to get my Drum's ui installed if it is on my part or my end anyway... i have windows 8 java 7, kaspersky internet security.
NOW the eqmap installer installed just fine it seems to be just drum's and i love this ui. i did manage to get it installed via the manual instal but the menu button did not work at all neither did it let me set up the bar the menu button is on at all so if i can not use the auto updater can someone tell me how to get the manual menu fixed? srry i am technically challenged so dont know alot about pc's
Unread 04-20-2013, 06:14 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Try going to http://advancedmod.com/DrumsUI/ and clicking the Launch button. Use the Open With option when you get the popup.

You can try disabling your Anti-virus.
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Auto updater will not update since latest java update

DrumsUI auto updater will not update since the latest Java update. It looks like Java moved everything from where it was to C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin. Thus the shortcut that was created is broken. Able to launch from the website, but DrumsUI will not update the needed files do to launching from the website the program does not have the needed write permissions. Also since the latest Java update unable to install the desktop icon or reinstall it.
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:35 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronz View Post
DrumsUI auto updater will not update since the latest Java update. It looks like Java moved everything from where it was to C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin. Thus the shortcut that was created is broken. Able to launch from the website, but DrumsUI will not update the needed files do to launching from the website the program does not have the needed write permissions. Also since the latest Java update unable to install the desktop icon or reinstall it.
Going away for the weekend, but I'm able to duplicate the problem.
Will try to look into it.

For now you can try downloading the file manually to your PC:
http://updater.pala.de/drumsui.jnlp

Try Updater->Uninstall and then re-opening it afterward. Otherwise, you may have to just use this file locally to run/update for now.
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
- Update [Journal]: New Daily Objectives tab (GU66). Toggle quest helper checkbox is now clickable.
- Update [Pet]: Pet AutoAssist button added (GU66).
Unread 05-02-2013, 10:23 AM
A Berserk Golem

Daily objectives tab doesn't seem to work, or is it supposed to be completely blank? Also, what happened to the achievements tab?
Unread 05-04-2013, 03:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Adding shiney

When I have the UI set to automatically open the page so that I can add my new shiney, it auto-opens to the (second tab) Daily Objectives tab (which is blank) ... every time.

The Collections tab used to be the second tab, but now it's the third. And I'm also missing the achievements tab (I wanted to see where I might be able to get more exploration experience).
Unread 05-04-2013, 07:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Should be fixed by tomorrow.
Unread 05-05-2013, 08:56 AM
A Berserk Golem

Thanks, looking forward to it!
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:39 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk
Default Java Issues

I have had some minor issues with Java updates and generally it has to do the upgrade process. So now what I generally do is if a Java update is announced or flagged I will go to the Control Panel and completely uninstall Java from my computer. You can also delete the Sun directory manually in %AppData% or:
C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\

Then I will download the non-spam-ware version of Java instead of one at java.com.

This is found here on the Oracle website:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1880261.html

You click to accept the Agreement then pick the Windows x86 Offline installer. Seems to work a lot better and doesn't try to install ad-ware.
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default leaves no shortcut

For some reason the updater leaves no shortcut in start menu or desktop and there's 1 file it says it can't update and to try later: UI/DrumsUI/eq2ui_journals_active.xml so what did I do wrong? lol
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:21 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoret View Post
For some reason the updater leaves no shortcut in start menu or desktop and there's 1 file it says it can't update and to try later: UI/DrumsUI/eq2ui_journals_active.xml so what did I do wrong? lol
I made a Sticky topic that will cover most Updater issues.

As for the XML, I'm about to re-update that file, so check again tonight/tomorrow.
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:14 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
- Update [Examine]: Removed Xanadu search button, added u.eq2wire button, and re-organized the button order in the Item Examine window.
- Update [Inspect]: Changed u.eq2wire tab into a button that pops up the in-game browser window.
- Fix [Journal]: Collection tab functionality returned to working order.
- Fix [Persona]: Fixed the Weapon/Spell weapon buttons from moving. Fixed Housing tab template row size.
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:08 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Red face

Quote:
You can use this Updater both before or after you manually install my full ui! It'll grab any files your missing, or simply install it for you. And after that it'll keep it updated
As far as EQ2maps goes, it is fully compatible with my UI. I would recommend installing my UI first and then EQ2map, but after that it doesn't matter which one you patch first.

If you go to Settings -> File paths, you can set an application to launch after update, which you could set as eq2maps. Then from eq2maps you can launch EQ2 itself.

Cheers, hope that helps.
Since I had a patch from Java in the last few weeks my Drums updater is not picking up my EQ2maps to launch, nothing has been changed in the file paths, can someone help with this?
Unread 05-07-2013, 02:17 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Other people have reported this same problem. The newer versions of java seem to have broken the Launch application feature in the Updater. I'm not sure if there is currently a workaround.

An alternative could be to make a batch file that simply launches both Updaters simultaneously.
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Other people have reported this same problem. The newer versions of java seem to have broken the Launch application feature in the Updater. I'm not sure if there is currently a workaround.

An alternative could be to make a batch file that simply launches both Updaters simultaneously.
Is it possible to let me know or can you make this such batch file?
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:44 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinia View Post
Is it possible to let me know or can you make this such batch file?
Sure.
  1. First, open your Start Menu and search for DrumsUI Updater so that it shows it as a result. (Alternatively, right-click the shortcut on your desktop)
  2. Right-click DrumsUI Updater and hit Properties.
  3. This will show the Properties window of your DrumsUI shortcut. Leave this window open.
  4. Open Notepad
  5. Paste this in:
    Code:
    @echo OFF
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaws.exe" -localfile -J-Djnlp.application.href=http://updater.pala.de/drumsui.jnlp "C:\Users\***\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51\67d8c133-5efb0fd2"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\EQ2MAP Updater\EQ2MAP_Updater.exe"
  6. Now Copy the Target line from the Properties window that you have open. It will look something like this:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaws.exe" -localfile -J-Djnlp.application.href=http://updater.pala.de/drumsui.jnlp "C:\Users\***\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51\67d8c133-5efb0fd2"

7. Paste the contents of the Target OVER TOP of the entire Line 2 of the code you have in Notepad. (What is above is just an example for you to replace)
  8. You'll have to replace Line 3 with the proper location of your EQ2MAP_Updater.exe. You can find this by similarly right-clicking your shortcut for that.
  9. Now File > Save As... in Notepad.
  10. Change the Save As Type to All Files (*.*)
  11. Name the file Updaters.bat (or name it whatever you would like)
  12. Save it to your desktop.

So basically each line is just a program to launch essentially.
If you would like to change the icon of your batch file, the best way is to move the batch file into your Documents, right-click it and Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut). This will make a Shortcut to the batch file. Shortcuts can have their icons changed by right-clicking them, and hitting Change Icon.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 05-08-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Unread 05-29-2013, 10:17 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Crushbone
Default Dont work now help

I just downloaded drums ui and was just getting used to it (always used profit). I find this ui much nicer surprisingly since I loved profit. It is 5/29/13 and we just had a short down time with eq2 and now my drums ui dont work. With profit it never stopped working with short updates, maybe somethings didnt work with the large updates but, never the small ones. I am sure it is me doing something wrong. I have windows 7 and I downloaded not the updater and put the drums in the eq2 file and it worked great. So since it didnt work I went and downloaded the updater and it is on my desktop. I uploaded the files that needed to be updated and it still dont work PLEASE help me I really dont want to use sony UI I need this drums .
Unread 05-29-2013, 12:04 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Not too sure on that one. I would make sure that you don't have two EQ2 installations. Your desktop shortcut for EQ2, if you right-click it and view the properties: Check the Target line, and what folder it points to. Make sure that's where you've been installing the UI to.
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:51 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Help please

I have been running on profit and now I switched to drums. I am still getting used to it , when I would click the cross under my name I cure myself from nox, trauma ect. I have tried a few things I have found in forum but still don't work. It says on screen only when crafting LOL I don't know what that means. That is with default hit. I am raiding and I also would like to be able to sent up the numbers to rez (Im a dirge) That would really help . Thank you for your time
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:23 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Omg

I found where I cure myself yippy Now please could you let me know how to rez with the number buttons it would be sooo much faster . (im a Dirge)
Dirges ROCK