EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-27-2013, 03:01 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Crushbone
Question Question on Persona Window

With this last game update there's now a permanent repair icon in my persona window. I actually don't want that there at all.

I'm usually handy at adjusting icon sizes and the like, but I'm unfamiliar with the eq2ui_mainhud_persona file. Is there a way to edit that to make that repair icon not show up?

If there's no way to do this I understand! I just thought I'd take a crack at this and ask, heh.
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:44 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryissa View Post
With this last game update there's now a permanent repair icon in my persona window. I actually don't want that there at all.
I'll take a look. I copied the code from the default, and I'd expected it to only show up when you needed to repair. It's possible SOE's triggering visibility based on the enclosing page, so the different structure for Profit's persona window is messing it up. Or it's possible the button is simply always visible in the default, I'll check that too, in which case there won't be much I can do about toggling it.

If you want to delete it, look in eq2ui_mainhud_persona for SCRepairAllButton. Delete that line and the button should go away.
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:38 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I'll take a look. I copied the code from the default, and I'd expected it to only show up when you needed to repair. It's possible SOE's triggering visibility based on the enclosing page, so the different structure for Profit's persona window is messing it up. Or it's possible the button is simply always visible in the default, I'll check that too, in which case there won't be much I can do about toggling it.

If you want to delete it, look in eq2ui_mainhud_persona for SCRepairAllButton. Delete that line and the button should go away.
I first thought it popped up when I needed repair, but it stays there even when I'm fully repaired. Default doesn't seem to do this from what I've seen so far.

Thank you though, deleting the line worked! I don't plan on ever using the feature so it's nice to have it out of the way.
Unread 03-27-2013, 08:19 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I first thought it popped up when I needed repair, but it stays there even when I'm fully repaired. Default doesn't seem to do this from what I've seen so far.
That'd be consistent with the default UI toggling visibility on the containing page ("PonrPage") rather than the button itself. I'll poke at it and probably add that structure, and see if I can make a setting to make the button disappear if you want it gone.
Unread 03-29-2013, 01:41 AM
A Griffon

I noticed today when I inspected someone, they had that Instant Repair button showing up multiple times on the background of the inspect window. I was in the process of camping so I didn't get a screenshot, but I'm not sure if what you did changed the background of the inspection window as well. I can get a screenshot tomorrow if you want to see what I'm talking about, I hope I'm not the only one that can see it lol!
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:51 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
I noticed today when I inspected someone, they had that Instant Repair button showing up multiple times on the background of the inspect window. I was in the process of camping so I didn't get a screenshot, but I'm not sure if what you did changed the background of the inspection window as well. I can get a screenshot tomorrow if you want to see what I'm talking about, I hope I'm not the only one that can see it lol!
Profit doesn't mod the inspect window as far as I know, and the graphics files for Profit place the button graphics in the same spot as the default UI. But that spot was inside a square frame that was blank before, so it's possible the devs made a mistake and put the button graphics inside the blank frame used for the center of the inspect window.
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:06 PM
A Griffon

Here's the screenshot:

Unrest Server
Unread 03-29-2013, 05:57 PM
A Griffon

Bingo. That's the exact layout in the default images/windows_elements_specific.dds file, which was copied verbatim into Profit's. But it's not showing up in the default UI's inspect window. I'll have to check and see if there's a styles change or something that didn't make it into Profit that's affecting where the inspect window gets it's graphics from.

Update: Hmm. I just tried in Profit, and I don't get those graphics there. You're definitely using the right graphics files, and it's an unmodified window so I'm at a loss as to why they're showing up. The only way they should is if you've got modified files from something other than Profit or EQ2Map installed and something's messed up the styles (which are in separate files and control things like where backgrounds come from, if they get out of sync with the window XML files things can get weird).

Last edited by tknarr : 03-29-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Unread 03-30-2013, 09:55 AM
A Griffon

I am thinking this might have been a patch issue... I didn't patch on Tuesday or Friday, once I did, the images disappeared. But now I have all sorts of other weird glitches with the UI, even after a complete reinstall of the UI from the patcher. I'll start another post about that tho.
Unrest Server
Unread 03-30-2013, 12:45 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
I am thinking this might have been a patch issue... I didn't patch on Tuesday or Friday, once I did, the images disappeared. But now I have all sorts of other weird glitches with the UI, even after a complete reinstall of the UI from the patcher. I'll start another post about that tho.
Patch the game? Well, the inspect window's from the default UI so if you updated Profit but didn't patch the game itself the default UI XML won't be in sync with the graphics files. That could cause the repair-button graphics weirdness you saw: the graphics file has the images for the buttons present but the inspect window's XML is outdated and doesn't have SOE's changes to avoid using that part of the graphics file. I update Profit based on the current default UI files and the changes made to them. If you're bypassing the launchpad and not patching the game every time you run it, when you find any UI oddness you should patch the game (and if you've skipped more than one update, I'd recommend running Validate Game Assets to make sure nothing got missed) and re-check. You're familiar with what happens when the default UI's changed and Profit isn't updated, it can vary from just being missing the new bits to throwing that version mismatch error up and refusing to load Profit. The same things can happen when Profit's been updated and the default UI hasn't, but the resulting bugs are more likely to silently make things go wonky rather than throwing errors you'd notice.
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:13 AM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

I'll chime in for the just make the stupid button NEVER show.
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:49 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesc146 View Post
I'll chime in for the just make the stupid button NEVER show.
I'm poking at three changes:
  1. Change the big graphic to a small button (like the search and sort buttons).
  2. Adjust the XML so it hides/shows properly and isn't there if you don't need to repair.
  3. See if I can adjust the coding so a user-controlled setting can make it either render or not. I'm not sure if that's possible given how SOE toggles the visibility, but I might be able to make an OnShow trigger that immediately hides the button again.
Unread 06-21-2013, 04:40 PM
A Brown Bear

I thought I'd bring this back up since I still haven't found the file to edit that deals with the repair window when you go to a mender NPC or Repair Bot.

I was successfully able to get rid of the SC repair button in my Persona Window but I don't want to start poking around in files without knowing which one is the one that pops up when you're at the mender or repair bot.
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:29 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I thought I'd bring this back up since I still haven't found the file to edit that deals with the repair window when you go to a mender NPC or Repair Bot.
You won't find them in Profit, it doesn't modify those windows. It's eq2ui_inventory_merchant.xml for most of them.