EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 07-13-2012, 12:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Persona Window bug

I've been trying to update my persona window with the updater for a while now since the Skyshrine release and even before with the various GU and it's not been working.

What seems to me to be the latest version of the window (vertical column to the left with different tabs + vertical column to the right with all the stats + central column with gear and character picture) is not showing the different tabs on the left, everything else on the window or the UI works fine though. I'm able to download the file (eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml) through the updater but once I'm in game and bring up the window, it just never shows the tabs to the left of the window. Which has forced me to use old version of ProfitUI's character window which doesn't include the mercenary tab and a working access to building dungeons.

Not being able to use merc properly has been getting on my nerves lately so I'd appreciate help if possible, thank you!
Unread 07-13-2012, 03:32 PM
A Weald Wolf

I would browse to your Profit folder and manually delete that file and also make sure your eq2.ini file points to profit before updating.

You could also try downloading Drums persona window file and paste that into your Profit folder to see if that fixes it.

For the merc issue you could make a macro for /merc resume to call him out.
Unread 07-13-2012, 04:42 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

One thing is to go into the updater's Variants menu, go to the Persona window and force it back to the default. Also make sure it's not on the ignore list. Then as suggested, delete eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml and let the updater pull in the latest.

I've also found that deleting these folders from the game folder before starting the game can clear up weirdness: cache, assetcache (streaming assets, not normally present for the full download), fixedassets, logincache-us (or whatever your locale is).
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:19 AM
A Griffon

This is a good idea. For some time now, I have been in the habit of running the following batch file before each session:

RD /S /Q "<path to EQ II>\assetcache\"
RD /S /Q "<path to EQ II>\logincache-<locale>\"
RD /S /Q "<path to EQ II>\cache\"
DEL "C:\Games\SOE\EverQuest II\<Station account name>_characters.ini"

I've generalized the entry for posting. Modify the info in brackets to suit your setup.

Based on the previous post, I'm going to add the fixedassets folder as well. Nothing in it now, but it can't hurt to clear it out.

The batch file takes only a second or two to run, and running it has reduced random weirdness in game sessions.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 07-17-2012, 07:43 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikalianne View Post
I've been trying to update my persona window with the updater for a while now since the Skyshrine release and even before with the various GU and it's not been working.

What seems to me to be the latest version of the window (vertical column to the left with different tabs + vertical column to the right with all the stats + central column with gear and character picture) is not showing the different tabs on the left, everything else on the window or the UI works fine though. I'm able to download the file (eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml) through the updater but once I'm in game and bring up the window, it just never shows the tabs to the left of the window. Which has forced me to use old version of ProfitUI's character window which doesn't include the mercenary tab and a working access to building dungeons.

Not being able to use merc properly has been getting on my nerves lately so I'd appreciate help if possible, thank you!
My persona window did the same and what it turn out was I had old versions of the images in the images directory. I also had a very old styles file.
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Oh well, I did all you told me and the tabs to the left are still not showing This is most frustrating. Don't worry, I'm not mad at you all heh :P

I have to admit I do not understand. I even updated the images in case with the updater, going back to default ones (I had custom images instead of the default). Still not working....
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:32 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikalianne View Post
Oh well, I did all you told me and the tabs to the left are still not showing This is most frustrating. Don't worry, I'm not mad at you all heh :P

I have to admit I do not understand. I even updated the images in case with the updater, going back to default ones (I had custom images instead of the default). Still not working....
check and see if you have a file named eq2ui_commonelements.xml in your directory please. If so rename or delete it. Was an ancient file I believe