Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Closed Thread

Unread 03-09-2005, 04:46 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man
Lightbulb [Official]BETA EQ2MAP Updater

What this program does:
This Keeps your EQ2MAP mod up to date, when ever new zones or points of interest are submitted on the EQ2MAP Website, this will update them for you automaticly. A previous installation of EQ2MAP is not necessary however using this program in a directory that has EQ2MAP already installed [b]should work as well. You must run the program before logging into EQ2 whenever you want to get more updates.

Newest Version is: 1.0

The official beta EQ2MAP Updater can be downloaded here. Any suggestions are welcome. Read the description there for more detailed information on features and installation.
You may also download this program (including the source code) from http://sourceforge.net/projects/eq2map-updater/

This Program is dedicated in loving memory of Scott A. Torroll, who was known and loved by many as Humudce in the Everquest community.

THERE IS NOT A VIRUS/TROJAN IN THIS FILE. If your antivirus detects one please report it to them so they can fix thier software. it is a false positive. see this thread for more info.

Before Installing:
You must have The Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 or greater for this program to run
The Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 can be downloaded either from this direct download link or if you prefer you can get it from windows update. When you try and run the program and you get "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." or something similar it is because you either dont have the .net framework, or you have the .net framework but its really old.

Instation:
1. Run the installation file
2. Run the program before running EQ2

Last edited by taco-man : 07-19-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Unread 03-09-2005, 06:29 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Lucan DLere

I got a problem running the program. Everytime i start it i get a "Could not start the application correctly. Press ok to exit" or something... Code (0xc0000135)

I have the Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 installed. :S
Unread 03-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

Works great!

One comment though: I'm not fond of the "sh*t" word in the notes on the updater; it removes a bit of the perception of professionalism on your behalf. I noticed it in the beta screenshots, and was certain you'd remove it for any type of public release. Just my 2 coppers.
Unread 03-09-2005, 06:40 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Skype™ to Eloa

ick...oh...ooops...uhh...sorry, oversight on our part to remove that old note...
Unread 03-09-2005, 06:42 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

It works now. I installed Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 from this link.
Unread 03-09-2005, 06:43 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Skype™ to Eloa

Great, thanks for the update
Unread 03-09-2005, 06:48 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Talking

Np

This is really nice stuff.
Thanks a lot!
Unread 03-09-2005, 10:15 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

For whatever reason, "Auto Launch EQ2" wraps and is cut off when I run this. (see attached)

It would be nice to be able to configure the shortcut that launches EQ2. I run EQ2 from a batch file, not directly from EQ2.exe.

I'd also like to have the option to save a log of file changes.

Edit:
I didn't see that this shows on the taskbar when running.
When this is already running, it allows me to open a second instance, but the second instance froze on me when i clicked on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eqmapbeta.jpg
Views:	1867
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1722  

Last edited by mortis42 : 03-09-2005 at 10:18 AM.
Unread 03-12-2005, 05:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Question Clicking A Link in the Updater

I use Firefox browser, and all of my user names and such are stored using Firefox. When I click a link using the EQ2MAP Updater, it launches MSIE, which is a serious pain for those of us who don't use that browser. Any way of having it launch the default browser instead of MSIE, when clicking on a link?? Thanks!

Myr
Unread 03-12-2005, 05:08 PM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak

hear-hear!
Unread 03-12-2005, 11:45 PM
A Brown Bear

Someone please point out where I missed an instruction. I'm sure that's what I did. I've reread it so much, it's all sorta running together.

I have the EQ2 maps already installed and working (beautiful thing that it is.) I downloaded the updater and put it in the same custom UI folder as the maps. Ran it and got an error message about Common Language Runtime Debugging Services. Hit OK to close it or Cancel to stop the debugging service. The next window says No Debugger Found. Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings. cordb.exe !a 0xc44. I hit Retry to see if it would start the debugger manually but it shuts itself down.

Thinking I may have an old .NET, I used the link provided on page one by Taco Man. Overwrote the existing file and re-installed .Net framework. Restarted the PC for good measure and I keep getting the same error.

Next I tried putting the patcher in it's own custom UI folder...same error.

Penny for your thoughts.
Unread 03-13-2005, 01:08 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via AIM to Humudce

Very odd message, in the Tools Menu of Internet Explorer in the Internet Options Window Advanced Tab, is the JIT Complier checked under Microsoft VM?

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-13-2005, 02:29 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabettin
Someone please point out where I missed an instruction. I'm sure that's what I did. I've reread it so much, it's all sorta running together.

I have the EQ2 maps already installed and working (beautiful thing that it is.) I downloaded the updater and put it in the same custom UI folder as the maps. Ran it and got an error message about Common Language Runtime Debugging Services. Hit OK to close it or Cancel to stop the debugging service. The next window says No Debugger Found. Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings. cordb.exe !a 0xc44. I hit Retry to see if it would start the debugger manually but it shuts itself down.

Thinking I may have an old .NET, I used the link provided on page one by Taco Man. Overwrote the existing file and re-installed .Net framework. Restarted the PC for good measure and I keep getting the same error.

Next I tried putting the patcher in it's own custom UI folder...same error.

Penny for your thoughts.
did you extract ALL 3 files like it says? you should have Interop.SHDocVw.dll, AxInterop.SHDocVw.dll, and BETA_EQ2MAP_Updater.exe all in the same folder.
Unread 03-14-2005, 11:37 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsan
I use Firefox browser, and all of my user names and such are stored using Firefox. When I click a link using the EQ2MAP Updater, it launches MSIE, which is a serious pain for those of us who don't use that browser. Any way of having it launch the default browser instead of MSIE, when clicking on a link?? Thanks!

Myr
Use the FirefoxView extension.
Then you can right click links like this and "Open Link in Firefox" will be in the context menu.

This works with links in Launchpad as well.
Unread 03-13-2005, 02:47 PM
A Coastal Crab

Exclamation help me please..

Hello. I downloaded the .net framework, downloaded the eq2map beta updater, installed it to C:\EverQuest II\UI\eq2map , then ran it, let it update, and it auto-launched EQ2. My problem is when i open my map up, nothing is different. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make it show up? Thanks.
Unread 03-13-2005, 03:39 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

The eq2map folder should go in your Default folder under the UI folder, or your custom UI folder, like UI/Mook/eq2map

It should not be put directly in your UI folder, but in a sub-folder.
Unread 03-13-2005, 06:24 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenna
The eq2map folder should go in your Default folder under the UI folder, or your custom UI folder, like UI/Mook/eq2map

It should not be put directly in your UI folder, but in a sub-folder.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the EQ2MAP folder should not be in your DEFAULT UI folder, as each time EQ2 Updates via the LaunchPad, it is going to overwrite the EQ2MAP modified eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file, basically you will only have the functionality of the Default In-Game Map, with out the additions provided by the EQ2MAP version of the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file.

The EQ2MAP functions correctly if you place the file within your UI folder in a Custom Folder where your other modifications reside, and what is called out in the eq2.ini file. The entire process of setting up and installing UI mods is located here ....

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/f...q_new_faq_item

Unread 03-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

It'd be nice if the Updater could be ran from the default install folder (C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II) and update any versions of EQ2 Map you have in any custom UI folders. The reason I say this is because I switch between 3 different custom UIs, and it's "awkward" to have to run the updater from each custom UI folder before I switch UIs.
Unread 03-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Scuba Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius
It'd be nice if the Updater could be ran from the default install folder (C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II) and update any versions of EQ2 Map you have in any custom UI folders. The reason I say this is because I switch between 3 different custom UIs, and it's "awkward" to have to run the updater from each custom UI folder before I switch UIs.
But how do you switch UIs? You could just have a 3 versions of a script (or one script with an argument) that copies the appropriate eq2.ini into the main directory, then runs the appropriate instance of the autoupdater. Then you would just double click on an icon to start everything, just like everyone else.

Last edited by sstair : 03-13-2005 at 05:10 PM. Reason: another idea
Unread 03-13-2005, 06:43 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius
That would be a really cool feature, to have the EQ2MAP updater to scour your hard drive to see where all versions are installed and update all folders but at this time I have a feeling that it's out of the scope of this project.

Maybe you could write it into your script that switches between your 3 UI's that when you switch UI's it runs the updater with the command line that either autolaunches EQ2 or doesn't depending on your preferences.

Unread 03-13-2005, 08:47 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

i eventually have plans to make it run from anywhere however i want to make sure i have all (or at least almost all of the bugs) taken care of before i make more
Unread 03-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

I didn't think it was too much to ask, but apparently it was to some. Thanks for the reply, Taco-Man.

PS: I switch UIs by editing the eq2.ini file, not by any elaborate or otherwise complicated fashion.
Unread 03-13-2005, 06:27 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismember
Hello. I downloaded the .net framework, downloaded the eq2map beta updater, installed it to C:\EverQuest II\UI\eq2map , then ran it, let it update, and it auto-launched EQ2. My problem is when i open my map up, nothing is different. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make it show up? Thanks.
Dismember it sounds like you need to setup the eq2.ini to point to this eq2map folder. If you do not have any other mods installed if you do have a custom UI folder with other mods you would need to unzip the files into this custom UI mod folder.

Instructions on how to setup the eq2.ini can be found here...
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/f...q_new_faq_item

Unread 03-14-2005, 12:41 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

do you have a dell by chance? if you do apparently the "dell support" program casues this error.
Go to Start|Control Panel|Add or Remove Programs and uninstall Dell Support
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:48 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
do you have a dell by chance? if you do apparently the "dell support" program casues this error.
Go to Start|Control Panel|Add or Remove Programs and uninstall Dell Support
Nope, custom built by ABS PC
Closed Thread