EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 10-29-2015, 11:49 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Fixing ProfitUI's Examine window for ToT

I've seen the authors of other UIs post updated versions of their Examine windows. What did you change? As an exercise, I would like to try implementing the fix if I can. I'm not when I will be able to afford the expansion, but I'm concerned that the changes will affect everyone when ToT goes live.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 10-29-2015, 12:23 PM
A Griffon

This one is very straightforward. The only material change was the addition of the "Prestige" line to the item examine window. The elements below it were shifted down to make room for it. To see the difference easily, use any file compare tool, usually called a "diff" tool, that you can find online. Use it to review the differences between eq2ui_examine.xml from the beta and the live Default UI folders. In this case there won't be many differences at all. The UI Builder program can be used to make the changes, but tbh I make almost all changes manually using WinVI or Notepad.

There used to be file diffs on this website whenever there was an expansion, but I haven't seen one in a while. The output format made it very easy to see what had changed.

Unread 10-29-2015, 09:52 PM
A Griffon

Thanks for the info. It seemed like the change wasn't all that huge from what I had heard.

I probably have a diff tool hanging around. I know I picked one up quite a while ago. Probably ought to get a newer version of something. I know there are a bunch of them out there.

I remember seeing the diffs posted here whenever there was a UI change. As you say, haven't seen that in a while. I imagine it was a lot of work.

The only thing I'm missing now is the new default Examine window. I can't afford to preorder the expansion, so I'm not in the beta. I'd need a copy of the new file to run the diff against. I don't know if the file could be uploaded here for me to get or if someone could send it to me.

I stay away from UIBuilder if I can. Notepad++ is my preferred editor and it does a fine job with xml.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 10-30-2015, 11:23 AM
A Griffon

The examine window is attached, although I think you can get the beta files from the patcher even if you haven't gotten the expansion yet. If not, I also attached the experience window which has the new tithe bar (the fame bar no longer exists.) Again not a biggie code-wise but something Profit users will need. I don't think there is any other way to see tithe XP in the default UI.

Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_beta_items.zip (9.2 KB, 288 views)
Unread 10-30-2015, 04:11 PM
A Griffon

Thanks for the files. I'll take a look at them as soon as I get a chance.

Interesting point about being able to get the files even if I can't play. I may test that concept. The fact that I can't login to the beta server shouldn't stop me from installing and patching.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 11-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

The examine window was an easy change this time around, as folks have mentioned.

Dolby hasn't posted compares in a while unfortunately. Nowadays I just use https://www.diffchecker.com/ or something similar. For best results sometimes you've got to jigger with the whitespace to keep it from presenting a ton of changes.

Another easy way to compare major changes / additions is to open the current and the old version (or live and beta) in your text editor of choice side by side and scroll down both. It's pretty easy to see when line numbers start getting off etc.
Unread 11-02-2015, 11:28 AM
A Griffon

Thanks for the pointer to diffchecker.com. Should have realized that there would be cloud-based checkers.

In the meantime, I have installed a diff checker plugin for Notepad++. I knew the core app had a synchronized scrolling feature. The plugin expands on that.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 11-02-2015, 04:57 PM
A Griffon

I have just uploaded a patched Examine window to the current thread in the ProfitUI forum.

Confirming the line to be added was pretty easy once I had the switches set properly on the diff plugin in Notepad++. Figuring out where to put it in Profit's Examine window was another story. The internal organization there is a lot different than in the default. But I found the right place and made the change. We'll see how it works once someone has a chance to try it on beta.

-= Therendil =-