EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 02-28-2005, 10:12 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hello Kulamin.

Being able to activate or not activate the tradeskill exp can be a good idear to implement. The only pbm is that I do not have Photoshop and I'm not able to do that. If you can download the the DDS plugin for photoshop and modify the DDS file, I can inlude it in the Mod. (see DDS forum for more information)

If you are able to modify it, tell me and I will tell you through screens what we need to have to be able to switch between tradeskill/no tradeskill.
Unread 02-28-2005, 12:10 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdition
Try this one and let me know

What I meant by the words was, the actual spell name showing up, not the Cntrl Alt 1,2, - = things.
The original mod that you have, just with the spell names showing up (no numbers either ).Wont be able to see anything with them both. Sorry if I was unclear before.

Here is Quibs post about it http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1415

Also, I havent touched the loaction of anything on the top of the mod but the resists are cut off on the end, I think they were supposed to be closer to the other resists ? Like the 1280 version has everything close together.

Still my favorite mod to date

Last edited by nikecmh : 02-28-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Unread 02-28-2005, 02:38 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikecmh
What I meant by the words was, the actual spell name showing up, not the Cntrl Alt 1,2, - = things.
The original mod that you have, just with the spell names showing up (no numbers either ).Wont be able to see anything with them both. Sorry if I was unclear before.

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/ui2.1.JPG[/IMG][/url]
Here is Quibs post about it http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1415

Also, I havent touched the loaction of anything on the top of the mod but the resists are cut off on the end, I think they were supposed to be closer to the other resists ? Like the 1280 version has everything close together.

Still my favorite mod to date
ok I will remove the slot number, and for the resist I will check because this is the first time I see resist higher than 999
Unread 02-28-2005, 03:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
please tell me or show me through a screenshot what is not in english

I don't know if this is related to your modifications or to TyeJae ... but thought i'd ask here first.

Personal option
Community Option

thanks for any assistance =)
Unread 02-28-2005, 04:04 PM
A Brown Bear

Love the UI!!!!!!

One thing I noticed swapping to it, is it possible to make the player health a little bigger (perhaps at the expense of the traget window size)?

using the buttons and having the target on the right, I tend to fixate on it and have to glance back to the left then find my health.

Making it a little bigger, or maybe adding player health to bottom of target health would make it a little easier.

But thats really nitpicking, I love it as it is!
Unread 02-28-2005, 04:05 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
ok I will remove the slot number, and for the resist I will check because this is the first time I see resist higher than 999
@Nikecmh

here is the Hotkey, I will cjeck the resist later.

@Urlyn: If you have the following file in the custom UI folder just delete them, if not, please show me a screenshot.

eq2ui_community.xml and eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (19.8 KB, 1041 views)

Last edited by perdition : 03-01-2005 at 04:02 AM.
Unread 02-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Befallen

How do I keep the chat settings the way I want them? I am using the 1600 x 1200 size. Every time I log in, I must set up my chat options...I love this UI, but cannot stand using it because my chat options will not save. I do not like flipping through 6 tabs to see tells, group, raid, etc...so I made the lower left window one tab with guild, group, raid, and tells. I opened a new window for combat stats. The upper right window I made one tab with all the /auc, /ooc, etc. Anyone able to help with this?

Last edited by Razael : 02-28-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Unread 02-28-2005, 06:04 PM
A Griffon

Please verify that your Character INI file is not write protected
Unread 02-28-2005, 09:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
@Urlyn: If you have the following file in the custom UI folder just delete them, if not, please show me a screenshot.

Fixed my problem..thanks! =)
Unread 03-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Befallen

Nothing in my eq2 folder is write protected. When I use the default UI, my settings save. When I use yours, the chat settings do not save. Also, when I am using default settings, I do not have chat "tabs" in each chat window, as using the tabs is annoying to me. I prefer having 1 window for tells, one for combat, and one for the rest of the stuff. Every time I try to save my settings, they will reset to the same 4 tabs in the lower left window, and 2 in the upper right window.
Unread 03-01-2005, 03:00 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razael
Nothing in my eq2 folder is write protected. When I use the default UI, my settings save. When I use yours, the chat settings do not save. Also, when I am using default settings, I do not have chat "tabs" in each chat window, as using the tabs is annoying to me. I prefer having 1 window for tells, one for combat, and one for the rest of the stuff. Every time I try to save my settings, they will reset to the same 4 tabs in the lower left window, and 2 in the upper right window.
The problem can NOT come from my UI but can come from the INI I provide, so , delete your ini file and it will works (but you will have to set all UI pieces manually.)
Unread 03-01-2005, 04:03 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
@Nikecmh

here is the Hotkey, I will cjeck the resist later.

Hello Nikecmh,

Here is the modified resist page, tell me if it's ok
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_ammo.xml (6.9 KB, 834 views)
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:02 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Hello Nikecmh,

Here is the modified resist page, tell me if it's ok
Both the resists and the hotkey labels work.

Thanks for spending the extra time on this. Awesome job. Thanks.
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:59 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Crushbone

Hehe, well I figured the UI was done with, but it just seems to be getting better. I love the hotkey fix and such. Though I never had a problem with em anyways!

My EverQuest 2 screenshots can be seen at: http://photobucket.com/albums/v453/Khandor/

Last edited by Khandor : 03-03-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Unread 03-02-2005, 03:37 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khandor
Hehe, well I figured the UI was done with, but it just seems to be getting better. I love the hotkey fix and such. Though I never had a problem with em anyways!
I have discovered a new doable thing that I was not aware of...so new modification will arrive soon (today or tomorrow)

Last edited by perdition : 03-02-2005 at 05:40 AM.
Unread 03-02-2005, 08:14 AM
A Griffon

Hello All

Here is the first test with the new idears that I havei taken from requester:

1 - Ability to disable the Tradeskill exp/background with frame parameter.
2 - Total Arial mod include
3 - New Vertical Life/power guauge around the target/implied target for easy read during fight.

Now, because of the new guauges, I don't know if I want to keep the old player guauges. Maybe remove the old one, increase new one width's and use a more Tyejae Style.

What do you think about it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000131.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	1570  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000132.jpg
Views:	851
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	1571  

Last edited by perdition : 03-02-2005 at 08:25 AM.
Unread 03-02-2005, 08:53 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Looks awesome.
Unread 03-02-2005, 10:06 AM
A Brown Bear

Love it! Great Job!
Unread 03-02-2005, 10:57 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Very cool those vertical gauges
Unread 03-02-2005, 07:04 PM
A Griffon

Some more progress

Not looking that bad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000143.jpg
Views:	807
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	1579  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000144.jpg
Views:	813
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	1580  
Unread 03-02-2005, 07:41 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Also one other sorta bug note.

The eq2ui settings file you give with the set includes Qeynos Crafting and Qeynos Traders. Freeport people cant join them and I tried leaving them but it doesnt work. I tried the /leave blah blah, checking box hitting leave, and even edited the ui file. Editing it completely messed things up for me

Just leave the 2 Qeynos things b4 you save and us Freeport people will be ok
Unread 03-02-2005, 09:49 PM
A Brown Bear

Occasionally my tabs disappear, any idea why? Im 99% sure it isnt a UI thing, just Sony being Sony...
Unread 03-03-2005, 01:49 AM
A Brown Bear

I really like this latest release. Everything seems to work perfectly.

One thing I would like to see added is the Norrath Day and time.
Possible locations would be below the day/night Globe with the day on 1st tier below and the time on the 2nd(right aligned) or on the bottom (the group window) move the status between the zone name and earth time(on the right) and the put the Norrath day and time on the left.

Again, thanks for your great mod

Kilidan
Oasis Server
Unread 03-03-2005, 02:04 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Crushbone
Cool

heh, I'm actually outta ideas with this one, well kinda.

I got two issues with the vertical bars. One is that with those, and the target bars, and the implied target, you end up having too many places to look at, and it can get confusing really.

The other issue is that the way the bars are set up on the sides of the target window causes you to be looking back and forth between power and health, though you don't need to look at power, since it's that big it'll cause a distraction.

I'm guessing that perhaps the two vertical bars be placed next to each other, and maybe redoing the target window so you only see the vertical bars, instead of the vertical ones AND the horizontal bars, would be the best way to do it. Though if you did that you may end up having to redo the entire way the bottom piece of the UI is set up.

So I really dunno what to do about em. heh.

I also don't know if this is possible or not, but can it be made where if a member of the group is under attack by an enemy, an indicator appears showing that member is under attack? I've heard rumors about it here and there in the forums, but nothing really confirmed.

*EDIT* By the way, I accidently dragged a bag around on that mini-inventory at the top of the screen, and moving stuff around on that causes the game to crash. :b

My EverQuest 2 screenshots can be seen at: http://photobucket.com/albums/v453/Khandor/

Last edited by Khandor : 03-03-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Unread 03-03-2005, 03:23 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khandor
heh, I'm actually outta ideas with this one, well kinda.

I got two issues with the vertical bars. One is that with those, and the target bars, and the implied target, you end up having too many places to look at, and it can get confusing really.

The other issue is that the way the bars are set up on the sides of the target window causes you to be looking back and forth between power and health, though you don't need to look at power, since it's that big it'll cause a distraction.

I'm guessing that perhaps the two vertical bars be placed next to each other, and maybe redoing the target window so you only see the vertical bars, instead of the vertical ones AND the horizontal bars, would be the best way to do it. Though if you did that you may end up having to redo the entire way the bottom piece of the UI is set up.

So I really dunno what to do about em. heh.

I also don't know if this is possible or not, but can it be made where if a member of the group is under attack by an enemy, an indicator appears showing that member is under attack? I've heard rumors about it here and there in the forums, but nothing really confirmed.

*EDIT* By the way, I accidently dragged a bag around on that mini-inventory at the top of the screen, and moving stuff around on that causes the game to crash. :b
Hello Khandor

When I read your post I think that there is a misunderstanding because using the vertical bars around the target window cannot be easier for me to read what's happening in fight.

As you said, they are big and you always seeing them even if you are not really looking on it and that is why I made them because this is OUR health and power and not the target one.

And when you said :

Quote:
maybe redoing the target window so you only see the vertical bars, instead of the vertical ones AND the horizontal bars
I assume that you tought that the vertical bars are for the target health/power while it's the player ones.

For the group member under attacked it would be really great to have it but I do not know if it's possible, if you find some post/information please let me know about it.

For the mini inventory , you are right, please find the one attached and let me know if it solved the problem.
(does it crash, can we still open bags etc..)
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_ammo.xml (6.9 KB, 1057 views)