EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 01-06-2006, 09:47 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

My question is regarding the Quest Journal.

With the (somewhat) recent addition of quests showing the rewards, I didn't think anything of the fact that I only saw the reward when asked to Accept the quest and not in the journal afterwords. I figured that was "as intended". It was only when my hubby installed EQ2 on another PC and loaded the game without ThorUI that we realized with the default window you can also see the rewards in the actual quest window.

So is there any way the ThorUI quest window could be updated to reflect this change?

Thanks again to you and all the other modders for your hard work!
Unread 01-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Absolutely

It's been requested and pending time from me to get it updated.
I'll have it this weekend.

Normally i'd have it already but with the holidays...

------Edit--------
Done
Let me know if you have any troubles
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 01-07-2006 at 01:48 PM.
Unread 01-08-2006, 03:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hi, first i want to excuse because my english is not the best

I have a problem with the ThorUI EXP-Window and smooth fonts enabled.
I'm playing at a resolution of 1280x800 (widescreen laptop) and i have smooth fonts enabled.
Everything looks fine but there is one little problem with the EXP-Window.
Due to the bigger font size, the values for adventure and tradeskill experience don't fit into their areas and are cut off, so i cannot see my experience percentage. I'll add an attachment so you can see what i mean.

So how can this be fixed. I tried to do it with the ui-builder, but i don't have a clue how to use this

Much thanks for answers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eq2expfenster.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	4438  

Last edited by Dharis : 01-08-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Unread 01-08-2006, 04:44 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default help with interface

Hi all , where do i put in the interface ? only wondering Hi all , where do i put in the interface ? only wondering
Unread 01-08-2006, 10:01 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Done
Let me know if you have any troubles
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Gakkar - try this link: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4880
Unread 01-09-2006, 09:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nagafen
Default disregard sorry

can't see earings to enable my fishbone earings.

Dah: toggle view for all of the inventory. Sorry to waste your time

Last edited by kerryofbeth : 01-09-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Unread 01-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Main post has all the info you need

Installation instructions here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4880

Try that then post if you have any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakkar
Hi all , where do i put in the interface ? only wondering Hi all , where do i put in the interface ? only wondering
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 01-11-2006, 02:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Having Trouble Opening My Store

I am getting a bug when I am in my home opening my store. My chat log shows that the store has indeed been opened, yet I get no window showing up containing the store. I've tried resetting the opacity on the windows, but then again, it hasn't worked since the day I installed the ThorUI. Any suggestions or anyone know how this issue can be fixed? I really dont wanna uninstall the UI over something so trivial
Unread 01-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

1.) Sounds like you didn't use my window placements file. (That's fine but it usually keeps these issues from occuring)
2.) You "should" be able to "fix" the issue by going into in game options>user interface>uncheck "allow windows offscreen".

You may need to log out then back in, i'm not sure...
Another option is to use my window placements by running the window wizard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskaef
I am getting a bug when I am in my home opening my store. My chat log shows that the store has indeed been opened, yet I get no window showing up containing the store. I've tried resetting the opacity on the windows, but then again, it hasn't worked since the day I installed the ThorUI. Any suggestions or anyone know how this issue can be fixed? I really dont wanna uninstall the UI over something so trivial
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 01-11-2006, 10:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

My question is regarding my chat box. I've successfully downloaded the Thor application. I have the maps, the compass...etc...however, I can not unlock my chat boxes. I cannot reposition them or resize them in any way. Chat window options shows them to be 'unlocked'. I usually have 3 chat boxes lined up at the top of my screen. I couldn't get any of them to move and after sending them back to default ... I can't get anything to happen at all. Other than this issue I'm loving this application ... I so wish I had this to use many months ago.

Sanadee
Unread 01-12-2006, 09:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Great interface btw, I have used it for almost a year and am overall very happy with it (much better than the SoE interface)

I have had issues with chat boxes lately too. Not sure when it started, but has been real noticeable the past week. The only way I have been able to reposition or resize them is to add an additional tab. Then I have to position my cursor in the upper right hand corner of the box to do anything. It will not allow me to resize or move if I try anywhere else.

I move my windows for different activities (raids, guild meetings, crafting), so loosing the ability to easily position my windows makes gameplay difficult.

I deleted the UI directory and ran the updated again with no luck in resolving the issue.

I also uninstalled Thor UI completely, and it seems to be an issue with how EQ2 treats the windows. If I turn it to frame only.. it still only allows me to move or resize where the tab used to be (the transparent area above the window).

Last edited by Tayanita : 01-12-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Unread 01-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Issue is most likely with your window placements file and not the UI.
Use window wizard provided within the AutoUpdater and this should resolve your issues.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 01-13-2006, 01:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Unhappy Chat box troubles

Thx so much for your quick reply to my question. And forgive me for not being so computer literate here...i'm struggling. Re: my chat windows ... i used the window wizard and had some success in that i then had 'tabs' at least at the top of the chat box, which i did not have before, and i was able to locate the little * in the upper left hand corner and cld reposition the box but...I cld not resize it. Then when i tried to detach the different boxes and place them at the top of my screen the tab wld disappear and i could not move nor resize the box i was trying to place. The only way i cld get the i.e. "chat" tab to appear, once i detached it, was to add a tab, then it would show up. If i removed the tab then the chat tab would also disappear and i then could not reposition the box. I made sure all was unlocked.

Pls help...the chat box is taking up a large portion of my screen and i wld love to be able to separate the different tabs and place them at the top of my screen.

Thanks again.
Unread 01-13-2006, 01:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Had the same prob Sanadee.

I was able to resize and move the window when I changed the position of the tabs to the bottom of the chatbox. When separating the tabs again its still not easy to catch the spot where you can resize/move the window, but it's doable
Try to catch it at the bottom of the window, where the Tab would normally sit, near some border line.

Hope that helps - good luck

edit: added missing word...
Unread 01-13-2006, 06:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Talking Thanks Ronser

Thanks so much Ronser ... that did it ... I found the right spot next to the tab. Really appreciate your help !! Now ... I'm gonna go play !!

Happy adventuring !!

Unread 01-15-2006, 02:35 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: The Bazaar
Default Removing Chat Boxes

I am having problems removing Chat Boxes with the "Socials Tab" on the lower right, chosing the tabs to be on the bottom. I have 4 extra Chat boxes that appear everytime I login. I have problems when I was setting up the UI to the locations that I wanted the Chat boxes. The Chat boxes would get closed and I would add a new or open an existing one. None of the other 5 characters is having this problem. So, I most have done something incorrect in the beginning. I have tried everthing I know to get them to go away. If I click on the 'x' button the Chat boxes do not close. I can add them as new tabs and then remove them, but they come back the next time I login to play. Is their anyway to remove these Chat boxes permanetly?

Waleska
Unread 01-16-2006, 01:41 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

You're characters ui_settings.ini file is corrupt and should be replaced/deleted.

Best way would be to delete it, then make a copy of one of your other characters file and rename to the character that had the issue.

Make sure all is done before logging in.

You may also use the window wizard within advanced options for my presets.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 01-16-2006, 12:40 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: The Bazaar

I deleted the ui_settings.ini file, I copied of one of my other characters file and rename to the character that had the issue. Worked Great!!

Thanks for the Help!!

Waleska
Unread 02-02-2006, 12:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Unhappy Issues

Just want to say that i love this UI...has made the game that much more fun. I have been having the issues that was stated about the showhood button....doesnt reshow if you click it you have to type in /showhood to see it.

Also I have been having issues with the nightvision...it hasnt worked for about a week or so now...not sure what to do?
Unread 02-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Gakkar, please see the instructions post.

It's located at the top of the ThorUI forums and titled "Instructions - Please read first"

Let me know if you still need help, with the UI.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 02-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

SOE were working on the differences in /showhood and the different helms/hats.
To the best of my knowledge this was resolved and mine works on all my characters. Let me know if you still have trouble.

Nightvision requires you to be in atleast medium performance or it will not work at all. This and other information can be found by clicking on the "..." button next to each feature.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamgwinDorn
Just want to say that i love this UI...has made the game that much more fun. I have been having the issues that was stated about the showhood button....doesnt reshow if you click it you have to type in /showhood to see it.

Also I have been having issues with the nightvision...it hasnt worked for about a week or so now...not sure what to do?
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 02-02-2006, 01:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Smile Lu 19

Is the UI now LU 19 compatible? I dont see the Thor UI screen when my game loads up?

And thanks for the speedy reply
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Unhappy New Update

Have you made the UI Live update 19 compatible yet?
Unread 02-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

YES ThorUI is up to date and LU19 compatible.

Everyone should see the info page when launching the ThorUI AU
Please follow the instructions mentioned there as I have updated some of the file structure which requires you to delete the thorui folder in the UI directory and relaunch the ThorUI AU and allow it to redownload all files for the UI.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 02-03-2006, 12:05 PM
A Grove Wisp

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade2074
I'm not sure if this is GUI related or perhaps game related. So just in case I will post it here. When I created a new character yesterday, I opted to do all the beginning stuff (start on the boat). The first thing I noticed was that when the movie that tells the background story played the screen background was completely black and all the GUI were jumbled up as they normally would be the first time I install the GUI. I could 'hear' the story being told in the background, but I couldn't see the usual movie that I normally see.

Everything else in the game appears to be working properly though, and when I had the game scan all the files everything appeared to be in place.

Like I said I'm not sure if it is GUI related or perhaps it could be game related. I just figured I would mention it here first just in case - to see if anyone else had this problem.
This is a quote from a post I made many weeks ago. After LU19 I am STILL having the same problem BUT it's even worse now because it seems that this movie is played every time I log into the queen's colony the first time and every time I zone into a new instance of it for the first time. Basically it's like an extra long zone with nothing but black screen and GUI showing - and the audio from the movie playing... Is there a fix for this?