Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-18-2010, 10:01 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
FYI, working on the update now. Hope to have something out by the AM. For now I recommend just renaming any files that are giving you trouble.

Also wanted to say thx to those that recently donated and have stuck with the UI all these years. And give a shout out to those that take the time to help others on these forums. You folks make it all worthwhile
You're the man Zonx! Keep up the great work.
Author -Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 08-19-2010, 01:36 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Mate, your Ui is the best out there, tell all my friends about it, think half our guild is using it.

Would love to keep using it going forward so big thanks for the time you put in.

Nightsting (Najena)
Unread 08-19-2010, 01:41 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
FYI, working on the update now. Hope to have something out by the AM. For now I recommend just renaming any files that are giving you trouble.

Also wanted to say thx to those that recently donated and have stuck with the UI all these years. And give a shout out to those that take the time to help others on these forums. You folks make it all worthwhile
Your work's appreciated, man. I run ProfitUI myself, but I'm looking at Fetish as an alternative if Silat isn't in a position to get Profit updated.
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:57 AM
A Brown Bear

First of all thanks for a great UI zonx

here is a recap of what porions of UI seems broken (speeling may be off)

eq2_mainhud_welcome
eq2_mainhud_persona
eq2_mainhud_maintained

the eq2 button
the mini map
character creation
new tutorial screens that pop up with no way to close except camping
market place window

possibly merchant windows (station cash stuff)

and i have probably missed a few
Unread 08-19-2010, 05:35 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Nagafen

I have it test but dont works for me and the google translation are not 1 by 1 translation..so i hope fast comes the real fetish update ..
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:40 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Most of the changes are done.

The Inventory/Persona merge is a Major PITA since my Inventory window was highly customized.

Taking longer than expected. Wont have this stuff debugged till late tonight at the earliest.
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Take your time Zonx, it'll be well worth the wait.
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:46 PM
A Weald Wolf

question on this btw: cant you just keep the old (separated) windows? because they were SO much better than this new huge window.

and/or maybe assign the now unused i key to open the bagstrip?

also since the eq2-button is gone, how do you switch the performance profiles that were below eq2-button until the final lu57-version comes out?
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:55 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
The Inventory/Persona merge is a Major PITA since my Inventory window was highly customized.
I thought that may be the case. Did you manage to get the hotbars to look the same? They look different atm on live and I think its because they changed the border or something? Not sure =/

Take your time btw, I'd rather wait for your UI than use someone elses
Unread 08-19-2010, 02:01 PM
A Weald Wolf

i think what youre seeing is the spell icons that SOE managed to totally pixellate for them to look real ugly now
Unread 08-19-2010, 02:03 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

RE Hotkeys: Yah looks like they removed the icon border. I didn't do anything to the hotkeys and they seam to be working fine other than the missing border.

RE Inventory: using /show_window Inventory.Inventory brings up the old window, but the icon data is dead, so its useless. The "I" keybind for Inventory no longer functions and was removed from the Options window.

So no, we can't continue to use the separate Inventory window. Don't ask me why SOE couldn't just leave the old window in place for those that wanted to stick with it. IMO the new window has way to much stuff in it as should be evident by the need to use nested tab bars. It may be less screen clutter for default users, but I don't think its very functional. To many tab's working at cross purposes. Reminds me of a Windows 95 dialog box :/

Still a work in progress, but the contents of the Inventory window fit within my Persona window. I expect the combined window to be only a tad taller than the old Persona window, and no wider. Since most stats are already available in the Personabar, they will be on a separate tab from equipment to save space.

Unfortunately the shrink feature isn't practical with the new setup, so that's going away.

The window will be vertically resizable to better handle the long list pages, but you're probably not going to want to leave it stretched since that will make it difficult to fight with the equipment page open. It will not be horizontally resizable.
Unread 08-19-2010, 02:14 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Dunno why they removed the icon border on the hotbars, just combines with the pixelation to make the hotbars hella ugly and that is what you spend the majority of your time looking at.
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default map problem

used the band aid patch to get the ui working but i now have nothing displayed in my map box, text and options are all there but no actual map data or icons, just a black area where it should be. Any help would be cool.
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:47 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaperfrog View Post
used the band aid patch to get the ui working but i now have nothing displayed in my map box, text and options are all there but no actual map data or icons, just a black area where it should be. Any help would be cool.
The bandaid doesn't touch the map files. All it does is rename the following files so they revert back to the default versions:

eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_welcome.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml
eq2ui_inventory_marketplace.xml

Were you using a standard install of FetishNightfall before or did you have some extra customizations tacked on as well (not counting EQ2Maps since that comes as part of FetishNightfall)?
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:40 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaperfrog View Post
Have the same problem and no clue. i think its a SOE problem - deleting of the map window settings in the xml file was no help but to translocate the map windows to the standard positions. There are other smal problems with the same UI (Fetish) too. I have the problems with the black maps und a guildmate have a problem with the spell progress bar - we both have the same Fetish UI. So I think SOE has a big problem to fix.
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:45 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

When GU57 went live yesterday, my EQ2Maps worked fine, the 'black box' issue started today after I ran my EQ2Map updater. So whatever is causing this issue is a result of a change made between then and now. I have yet to find a solution to this issue, so I'm running blind map-wise, unless someone has a suggestion. Would be highly appreciated.
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:51 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirara View Post
Have the same problem and no clue. i think its a SOE problem - deleting of the map window settings in the xml file was no help but to translocate the map windows to the standard positions. There are other smal problems with the same UI (Fetish) too. I have the problems with the black maps und a guildmate have a problem with the spell progress bar - we both have the same Fetish UI. So I think SOE has a big problem to fix.
From poking around a bit, it looks like others are having that same problem with other UIs as well.

Did you have any customizations or add-ons for Fetish before the update or were you using the standard install? Generally speaking, for any window that doesn't work when a new update comes out, just rename or delete it out of the FetishNightfall folder and it will revert back to the default one until Zonx get a new version out.

I haven't logged in since this morning's patch so I don't know if anything changed today that may have caused things to go haywire. I should be home in about 90 mins and will see if everything is still working on my copy.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 08-19-2010, 05:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethdlr View Post
Did you have any customizations or add-ons for Fetish before the update or were you using the standard install? Generally speaking, for any window that doesn't work when a new update comes out, just rename or delete it out of the FetishNightfall folder and it will revert back to the default one until Zonx get a new version out.
I only have Fetish + mapupdater, no customizations or add-ons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethdlr View Post
I haven't logged in since this morning's patch so I don't know if anything changed today that may have caused things to go haywire. I should be home in about 90 mins and will see if everything is still working on my copy.
This patch will go online on the european servers in about 6 hours - I hope that will fix the problem. If not i will delete all the map stuff or try the standard ui map first and redownload the entire files.
Unread 08-19-2010, 05:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

My map is working fine, I haven't updated it in a week at least. I'd suggest that those of you that have updated the maps since the GU went live to try going in and renaming any files that have the most recent date on them and see if that fixes your problem.
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:20 PM
A Griffon

Just got home and checked and my map is still working fine. I'm always a bit skittish though when an update comes out. I only touch what I have to so I haven't run the EQ2Map updater since before GU57 came out.

Did those that are having map problems run the updater since GU57 came out?
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:45 PM
A Griffon

Yup. I just ran the updater and my maps are now black boxes as well. I made a copy before I started so hopefully I can put a patch up soon to undo the changes. More to follow...
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 08-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Yeah, I let the updater run today, and it hosed my map/mini-map as well. And when I loaded the default UI so I could play, everything else went to pot. I feel bad for the great UI developers here that work so hard, only to see SOE blow everything up for something lousy.

I can't even function properly on the broker with the default UI. It's barbaric.
Unread 08-19-2010, 07:53 PM
A Griffon

MAP FIX! You can now (as soon as it gets approved) download the Fetish GU57 Bandaid v1.3 to fix your maps. Just unzip the whole thing into your FetishNightfall folder and run GU57BandaidMap.bat. Then don't run the map updater until after Zonx has pushed the next release.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 08-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Well, once it is approved! Thx for the update!
Unread 08-19-2010, 09:57 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garylian View Post
Well, once it is approved! Thx for the update!
Very welcome. And it's been approved now. Hope it works for you.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U