EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-28-2016, 10:03 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default GU100 Updates

GU100 goes live today. Darq has updated the theme graphics, but more functional changes are up to us.

The first task will be to identify what has changed. I have preserved a copy of the current default UI to use as a reference so I can run diffs. The biggest change is the new Resolve stat, but there are probably other surprises waiting.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 04-28-2016, 01:26 PM
A Griffon

Zidu has posted fixes to the bottom bar. I have pushed those file to the update server.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 04-28-2016, 03:35 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Dedith said that: Resolve is now listing under Fevor in the Offense section.

We do not have either Resolve, or Fevor showing. Of course he is looking at the API data.

If that helps anyone?
Unread 04-28-2016, 11:14 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

Probably need a way to access the new xp vials, unless it's there and I can't find it.
Unread 04-29-2016, 09:19 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refgul View Post
Probably need a way to access the new xp vials, unless it's there and I can't find it.
This seems tricky for adding to the Profit XP window and hopefully someone else can do this.

If anyone wants a updated Persona Window I still suggest using the one from DarqUI. Even though it's simple to add Fervor and Resolve into Profit's Persona the other missing features make it just not very usable.

DarqUI Persona Window with Fervor and Resolve below.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (355.8 KB, 560 views)
Unread 04-29-2016, 02:36 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I do not like Darq's persona window. It is nice it is an option, but it is not the option I would choose.

Unfortunately I do not know how to do anything with the UI bits other than use them.

So I guess until someone figures out Profit's, I will just not worry about seeing Fervor, or Resolve.
Unread 04-29-2016, 04:02 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Send a message via ICQ to CrystalStar Send a message via AIM to CrystalStar Send a message via MSN to CrystalStar Send a message via Yahoo to CrystalStar Send a message via Skype™ to CrystalStar
Cool

I'm sure Therendil is working on the update for the new features and stats in GU 100. We just need to be a bit patient.
Unread 04-29-2016, 04:58 PM
A Griffon

At this point we don't seem to have anyone ready to tackle the changes to the persona window. I don't think I can do it. My role here is to coordinate the efforts and make sure that fixes get sent to the updater so everyone can have them.

I plan to try out Darq'a persona window myself so I know how it compares to the same window in Profit. If we can't get someone to fix Profit's persona window, we might consider asking permission to use Darq's. I'd much rather see Profit's persona window brought up to date, but that would at least give us a persona window with all the features.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 04-30-2016, 01:46 AM
A Griffon

Hi, To help out, I updated the profit persona window a little.

-Added Fervor
-Added Resolve
-Removed Decline Legends Of Norrath Challenges from Options as LON was removed from EQ2.

I don't know what else is missing.

Question: Is there a place to go to see what changes were made to the UI? Or do you just have to compare from the old? Because I can't seem to find the new vials thing anywhere.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just saw your thread about commenting in the file about what was done. Corrected this in the file. Sorry about that.

EDIT2: Had Resolve a little misaligned, fixed it, sorry about that.
EDIT3: Had background of stat area highlighted. File updated. sorry. Won't be working on anything late at night agian
*Removed persona download from this post*

Last edited by Blackhood : 05-01-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Unread 04-30-2016, 02:19 AM
A Weald Wolf

Default GU 100 Added XP Vials to XP Window

I took a look at adding the XP Vials and it went well after testing two vials.

The vials are to the right of everything so if anyone doesn't care to use it they can shrink the window and hide it.

The following file can be downloaded below.
Edit: I'm also posting the updated dds images file from Profit Community Edition in case anyone needs it who is using a mixed UI.
Edit: 5/1/16 Fixed Tithe XP% overlapping Deity Points. Mistake from testing location of xp vials.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (62.5 KB, 453 views)
File Type: dds window_elements_specific.dds (256.1 KB, 445 views)

Last edited by Zidu : 05-01-2016 at 07:12 AM.
Unread 04-30-2016, 08:23 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidu View Post
I took a look at adding the XP Vials and it went well after testing two vials.

One new(copied) .dds image file was created to maintain other custom imgages used in Profit.

The vials are to the right of everything so if anyone doesn't care to use it they can shrink the window and hide it.

The following two files can be downloaded below. The .dds file goes into the images folder and the experience file under the main Profit folder.

Zidu this looks very good, although in its current form the persona window can't be added to ProfitUI CE. Since the DDS image files are now being kept current on the update server, duplicate graphics files are no longer supported.

Could you share a version of the persona window that references window_elements_specific.dds instead of window_elements_specific2.dds. This way, Therendil only needs to publish the updated xml file.
Unread 04-30-2016, 09:14 AM
A Weald Wolf

I guess I could of been clearer for that new(copied dds file). The only thing window_elements_specific2.dds refrences is the new pending and filled xp vials.

I couldn't use the default window_elements_specific.dds because Profit references that for custom blue bars on the window menus instead of blue and gold like Default and other images like coins, etc.

I have no clue how to add images to a existing custom .dds image file so I just have the vials reference a new file. I probably should of just called it vials.dds or something(It's just the original Default window_elements_specific.dds)

I'm not messing with Profits Persona window in anyway and just letting others know they should use Darqui's.

The Profit Persona and Group/Raid windows are the only lagging behind pieces of the UI I think and I recommend to everyone DarqUI for these windows if they want the best play experience.

Sorry for long post, I only look at this code and use trial and error when I fix things for Profit.

Last edited by Zidu : 04-30-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Unread 04-30-2016, 10:17 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post
Hi, To help out, I updated the profit persona window a little.

-Added Fervor
-Added Resolve
-Removed Decline Legends Of Norrath Challenges from Options as LON was removed from EQ2.
I've downloaded the file for testing. Assuming it passes muster, I'll push it to the updater.

Quote:
I don't know what else is missing.
I think you have it covered. Good point about LON.

Quote:
Question: Is there a place to go to see what changes were made to the UI? Or do you just have to compare from the old? Because I can't seem to find the new vials thing anywhere.
Not that I know of. Someone here used to publish UI diffs after major patches, but that has not happened in quite a while. I've implemented a policy now of saving a copy of the Default UI folder before major patches like this. As long as you have the prior version, you can use your choice of diff utility to find the changes.

Quote:
EDIT: Just saw your thread about commenting in the file about what was done. Corrected this in the file.
Thank you. Since we don't have a real version control system to work with, manual commenting is about the only way to keep our sanity with multiple cooks stirring the pot. I will try to use those comments to preserve a revision history.

Thank you for pitching in to help.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 04-30-2016, 10:27 AM
A Griffon

As to the XP vials, we shouldn't need another graphics file. I should think that the new images would have been added to an existing elements file. I will try to track that down today.

In the meantime, the mods to the XP window look good. Putting the vial to right of the rest of the content works just fine.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 04-30-2016, 11:00 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
As to the XP vials, we shouldn't need another graphics file. I should think that the new images would have been added to an existing elements file. I will try to track that down today.

In the meantime, the mods to the XP window look good. Putting the vial to right of the rest of the content works just fine.

-= Therendil =-
Profit uses custom .dds images in one of the three files that the default ui put the graphics for the vials in.

You have to make a decision if you wanna remove custom profit images in favor of using the default images file.

Custom Profit images on left and Default UI(new vials) on right shows the differences.

Last edited by Zidu : 04-30-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Unread 04-30-2016, 01:36 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

For some reason the Utility will not come up on the screen. I can see it on the task bar, even the fact that there is something there, but it will not pop up at all.

Yes, even running as Admin.
Unread 04-30-2016, 01:49 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidu View Post
Profit uses custom .dds images in one of the three files that the default ui put the graphics for the vials in.

You have to make a decision if you wanna remove custom profit images in favor of using the default images file.

Custom Profit images on left and Default UI(new vials) on right shows the differences.

That's what I'm getting at. ProfitUI Community Edition, which folks are accessing with the ProfitUI_CE downloader, offers the popular classic ProfitUI graphics and the new vial graphics, so falling back on default with the gold tinsel is no longer necessary. The vials have already been added to window_elements_specific.dds for all ProfitUI_CE skin choices, but your updated persona window would need to reference window_elements_specific.dds in order to work.
Unread 04-30-2016, 02:44 PM
A Griffon

I have now updated my local installation of EQ2 and have captured a list of changed UI files from the Launchpad logs. I just did this and have not had time to run any diffs, but this will at least tell us which file might need attention.

Code:
Replacing UI/Default/images/icons/icon_is123.dds
Replacing UI/Default/images/icons/icon_is124.dds
Replacing UI/Default/images/icons/icon_ss27.dds
Replacing UI/Default/images/specialelements.dds
Patching UI/Default/images/window_elements_heroicpanel.dds
Replacing UI/Default/images/window_elements_specific.dds
Replacing UI/Default/POI/eq2_poi.xml
Replacing UI/Default/eq2ui_gamedata.xml
Replacing UI/Default/eq2ui_mainhud_deity.xml
Replacing UI/Default/eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml
Replacing UI/Default/eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml
Replacing UI/Default/eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
Replacing UI/Default/eq2ui_popup_bugreport.xml
Replacing UI/Default/eq2ui_popup_claim.xml
Replacing UI/Default_Blue/images/window_elements_specific.dds
-= Therendil =-
Unread 04-30-2016, 02:47 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by offkilterkitty View Post
For some reason the Utility will not come up on the screen. I can see it on the task bar, even the fact that there is something there, but it will not pop up at all.

Yes, even running as Admin.
That's bizarre, although I have seen that behavior elsewhere. Has the utility worked for you in the past, or is this a failure on your first time running it?

-= Therendil =-
Unread 04-30-2016, 03:51 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
That's what I'm getting at. ProfitUI Community Edition, which folks are accessing with the ProfitUI_CE downloader, offers the popular classic ProfitUI graphics and the new vial graphics, so falling back on default with the gold tinsel is no longer necessary. The vials have already been added to window_elements_specific.dds for all ProfitUI_CE skin choices, but your updated persona window would need to reference window_elements_specific.dds in order to work.
Gotcha! I looked at your dds images with the old profit and vials added. I updated the experience window below to reference the one dds file now.

The confusion resulted because even though I update some Profit windows I'm using my same UI for the last few years. I do keep a copy of Profit CE but it's not my current UI.

New file below and I'll update it in my other posts. Edit: I'm also posting the updated dds images file from Profit Community Edition in case anyone needs it who is using a mixed UI.

Edit: 5/1/16 Fixed Tithe XP% overlapping Deity Points. Mistake from testing location of xp vials.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (62.5 KB, 421 views)
File Type: dds window_elements_specific.dds (256.1 KB, 387 views)

Last edited by Zidu : 05-01-2016 at 07:13 AM.
Unread 05-01-2016, 05:50 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Innothule

Hey Z thanks for all the updates again, one thing is my Tithe is now showing a percentage, is that the amount to gain another point? I think it used to just show points total and I'd rather have it back to being that way again.
Unread 05-01-2016, 10:04 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Beta 1

There is missing something...

Persona Window

Display more then 100.000 Platin (It display only 99.999 Platin)
Restore Items Tab

Can someone fix this ?
Unread 05-01-2016, 11:25 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurm View Post
Hey Z thanks for all the updates again, one thing is my Tithe is now showing a percentage, is that the amount to gain another point? I think it used to just show points total and I'd rather have it back to being that way again.
Fixed and updated the files posted earlier.
Unread 05-01-2016, 02:51 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypselon View Post
There is missing something...

Persona Window

Display more then 100.000 Platin (It display only 99.999 Platin)
Restore Items Tab

Can someone fix this ?
I added the restore page for you. I don't have that much plat, so I am going to leave that alone. Maybe one of the more talented guys can do it. I need to see the problem for me to fix it, just how I work.

EDIT: I expanded the page a little bit so Restore Items and Passive Effects are not truncated. I don't use this persona window, but I thought it looked bad. So file updated. *If this changed is not wanted, let me know, I can revert.*
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (243.5 KB, 427 views)

Last edited by Blackhood : 05-01-2016 at 07:52 PM.
Unread 05-02-2016, 10:38 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Therindal, I have been using Profit for years, and this new updater utility since you first set it out.

This is not the first time I have seen this either, but it is rather vexing right now. Only the CE Utility is displaying this, and only since I noted the issue of of Breath and that other file not listing as updated, when they were.

Has anything changed in the past few days otherwise?

I can see it on the task bar, I can see it is running, I just cannot bring it up. ALT + TAB does not jog it out either.