EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Closed Thread
Unread 11-03-2005, 11:27 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Unkown

Error Getting File List:
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

got this error when i started my EQ2MAP , can help please?
thanks ~

umm, sorry maybe i didn't read through all , is it the server down so can't get a connect to it?
Unread 11-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

You need to download the latest version of the updater. The one your using is old.
Unread 11-03-2005, 04:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm getting this message too, and have the latest version. any ideas?

thanks, in advance.
Unread 11-03-2005, 05:36 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daarrheel
I am getting a graphic mess up on the UI for the Updater. any idea why this is happening? see ss below.
Im getting this too and Im not sure why. It doesn't "seem" like it's interfereing with the function of the map updater but it's next to imposible to read the update notes.
Unread 11-03-2005, 06:26 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi357
Im getting this too and Im not sure why. It doesn't "seem" like it's interfereing with the function of the map updater but it's next to imposible to read the update notes.
this is caused by having the DPI on your computer set to something besides the standard 96 DPI
Unread 11-04-2005, 12:31 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
this is caused by having the DPI on your computer set to something besides the standard 96 DPI
Ahhhh! ok well in order to have decent screen size in game I gotta make fonts and stuff bigger... so long as it isn't hurting anything, I guess I can live with the messy screen.

Thanks Taco-Man
Unread 12-04-2005, 08:17 AM
A Coastal Crab

Hello,

I'm french, and when I try too set the language I only have the default language.

So can anyone explain how to put the map in french please?

(I try a research but I never found the awser )
Thanks a lot
Unread 12-15-2005, 09:54 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default application error

I have installed the EQ2Map updater 1.0.6 .. but when I try to exe the program I get this error. The application failed to initialize properly (0Xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.
Can anyone help me. I am running XP operating sys.
Thanks Pealoff
Unread 12-15-2005, 11:20 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pealoff
I have installed the EQ2Map updater 1.0.6 .. but when I try to exe the program I get this error. The application failed to initialize properly (0Xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.
Can anyone help me. I am running XP operating sys.
Thanks Pealoff
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...40&postcount=1

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-02-2006, 01:51 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Send a message via ICQ to utaeladil Send a message via AIM to utaeladil Send a message via MSN to utaeladil Send a message via Yahoo to utaeladil
Default Alternate points of interest

I have 1.06 installed and it works great. I just found this link on the eq2interface site for alternate points of interest icons.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3596

The icons look great and I'd like to impliment them with the eq2 maps program to get the best of both worlds. The addon is only the icon_map3.dds file - but whenever I copy it into the eq2maps folder and run the auto updater, you guessed it, it gets overwritten by the auto updater.

I would like to either request that you work with him to distribute those awesome icons with the great program you have, or implement a feature into your auto updater to allow us to specify individual .xml files to not be overwritten during the updates...

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Unread 03-01-2006, 10:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Exclamation Outdated PIO

Only thing I have seen wrong is some outdated PIO on the map. These are old class quest NPC's and SOE has removed these NPC's from the zones.

Oh and I use large fonts in windows and hard to read your notes. is there a way to make the EQ2map updater bigger for us large font users.

Outside that the maps are great and very well done Taco-man.
Unread 03-01-2006, 12:28 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

I'm having a little problem getting this to send the files to my UI folder, instead it makes a new folder and adds the files to it in the directory "C:\"
I've tried downloading it, reinstalling it and uninstalling it numerous times and it will not let me chose my UI folder at all. Just about any button I click gives me an error message, and I've looked thru all the error messages but the ones I get are not listed. I can't even uncheck and check the boxes and save them, I just get an error when I click OK.

I have the most recent .net framework also. Most of the error messages I get are extremely long so I won't post them unless needed, hate to spam up the thread with them. Every button I click gives some sort of an error message. Only thing I can do atm is let it run and copy the files where it decided to then copy them to my UI eq2maps folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Savie : 03-01-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Unread 04-16-2006, 01:12 AM
A Coastal Crab

Talking map updater not working

I have installed both map updater and .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 when I try to start the map updater I get the error install .net framework v2.0.50215 I have looked at all of the threads and not been able to come up with a solution. could you plz help me to get the updater working again.

I figured it out. If anyone else has this problem you need to get .net framework 2 beta 2.

Last edited by NancyB : 04-19-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Unread 09-01-2006, 05:42 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB
I have installed both map updater and .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 when I try to start the map updater I get the error install .net framework v2.0.50215 I have looked at all of the threads and not been able to come up with a solution. could you plz help me to get the updater working again.

I figured it out. If anyone else has this problem you need to get .net framework 2 beta 2.
Hey everyone! I am also having the same problem as you, NancyB, but I am not able to find the .NET Framework 2 Beta 2 anywhere on Microsoft's website. Can you please post a link to where you found it?
Unread 09-04-2006, 12:29 PM
A small badger.

Server: Splitpaw

You shouldn't need it. The current EQ2Map updater was build in 1.1, and the should be all you need. I'll knock up a test app tonight in the same .NET version as the updater to see if your install of .NET 1.1 s borked.
Unread 03-28-2012, 02:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

Having a weird problem that cropped up a few days ago. I run the updater, it appears on my task bar, but the window never appears. It's clearly running, as it still finishes what its doing then launches EQ2, but I cannot see or change anything, because the window isn't visible.

Tried uninstalling, deleting, downloading and reinstalling, no change.

Any idea?
Unread 03-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by drax99 View Post
Having a weird problem that cropped up a few days ago. I run the updater, it appears on my task bar, but the window never appears. It's clearly running, as it still finishes what its doing then launches EQ2, but I cannot see or change anything, because the window isn't visible.

Tried uninstalling, deleting, downloading and reinstalling, no change.

Any idea?
Please see this thread where users have reported some similar issues and potential workarounds.

I'm going to ask gm9 to close this thread, since it was from the very early days of EQ2MAP and is no longer relevant.
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:17 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Smile Portable version

Now USB3 flash drive loads faster than my disk, and i move EQ2 on flash

Does it possible to make Updater to store settings and files old way, in application folder, not in AppData folder?

I mean, as option. For example, if some argument passed. Or if user.config exists in Updater folder

Last edited by Prince Mandor : 10-11-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Unread 10-11-2012, 01:59 PM
EQ2MAP Developer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

The config file is now handled by .Net so there is no way to change the location.
But i only store 2 small files in appdata so i doubt it will make any noticeable difference.

I better close this thread, let it rest in peace.

Last edited by jnils : 10-11-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Closed Thread