EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 06-25-2011, 09:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Using old version of EQ2

I downloaded the maps and went through the update. Problem is now when I start the game it doesn't recognize my toons and on the login screen it states Sentinels Fate when I have DoV. I agree to the 2008 terms of the game. My only option then is to create a new toon when I already have a character. I am on AB if that matters.

Also, when I click on the desktop shortcut to launch EQ2 it gives me a line about running it as administrator, then when i go ahead with it I'm logged into the station launchpad instead of the game.

Please help!
Unread 06-25-2011, 09:30 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

It sounds like you are using the old launcher when you see the sentinels fate info. The icon is using the new launcher.

As for the characters missing you are probably set to the EU region instead of the US. To check, select create new character and go through till you choose a server you will not see ab on the list but you will see splitpaw and others.

To resolve this change the region in the top right corner of the launcher on the accept screen.

If this is not the case then you have logged into the wrong account or your account was hacked. To resolve hacking issues you need to contact customer service on a weekday.

Hope this helps,
Silat
Unread 06-25-2011, 09:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I went through the character creation screen and you are right, Splitpaw is the only option for a server.

If I am using the old version of the launcher, where is the new version? I have to go into the EQ2 program file and manually click the Eq2.exe to launch the game now, the icon on the desktop logs me into the station user info.
Unread 06-25-2011, 12:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigOrange View Post
I went through the character creation screen and you are right, Splitpaw is the only option for a server.

If I am using the old version of the launcher, where is the new version? I have to go into the EQ2 program file and manually click the Eq2.exe to launch the game now, the icon on the desktop logs me into the station user info.
The station launcher is now the primary launcher I believe. I still use the original launcher myself so I am not too sure.

Silat
Unread 07-19-2011, 08:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigOrange View Post
I downloaded the maps and went through the update. Problem is now when I start the game it doesn't recognize my toons and on the login screen it states Sentinels Fate when I have DoV. I agree to the 2008 terms of the game. My only option then is to create a new toon when I already have a character. I am on AB if that matters.

Also, when I click on the desktop shortcut to launch EQ2 it gives me a line about running it as administrator, then when i go ahead with it I'm logged into the station launchpad instead of the game.

Please help!
I am having the same issue on a fresh DoV install. Anytime I install EQ2 Maps it removes the DoV launcher and installs some weird little silver Station Launcher. Then when I run EQ2 it instals Sentinel's Fate installer.

No idea why it is doing this. I never have used the station launcher. Mine has always been the DoV launcher.
Unread 07-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Just go to options in the EQ2MAP updater and point it to Launcher.exe instead of EQ2.exe in the second box and you'll go back to the DoV-themed launchpad 3. The SF-themed one is the original game launcher (aka launchpad 1).

Station launcher is the old multi-game launcher (aka launchpad 2) and is different. The EQ2MAP updater was written in a time when LP1 was the only single-game launcher out there, so that's the one it still looks for by default at the moment. LP1 still works fine (even if it's still SF-themed), so atm choice of launcher is mainly cosmetic.