Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-21-2015, 03:03 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Lightbulb List instead of a drop down for Loot Window

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a loot window that has a list of users on it, rather than the Drop-Down that you have. (Kind of like the Voice Chat window)

I'm trying to make it so the "List" is on the side of the Loot Window, that has a scroll bar that spans to the height of the loot window (So if the loot window isn't tall enough, you can use the scroll bar to see the missing names).

I'm doing this because there's quite a few bugs that interact with the "Drop Down" window causing it to close (For example people zoning in or out, and sometimes voice chat can cause it to happen also).

Plus it would make it quicker to search for people, just being able to click them. Especially at the end of the zone when people are swapping alts in and out to grab gear on different accounts (Which is happening alot more recently)

So far I have made two almost-working attempts before I had raid.

I used the Listbox from the voice chat xml, along with the DataSource="GroupMemberSource" to populate the names, however I was never able to align the tables correctly, or have the "Names" actually do anything when clicked. I'm thinking I'll have to make a margin for the main loot window, and have the "Names" as a separate margin within the same window [Users|Loot] for example so I can have a fixed width on the users without it affecting the moveable size of the loot window for long item names etc.

Is there an easier way to do this I'm missing? Should I start from scratch and just make it the way I want it?

Advice?