EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 04-23-2011, 01:54 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2 Website down???

Is the eq2 website down? I have it set as my home page and I keep getting website is unavailable.
Unread 04-23-2011, 02:29 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

All the SOE support and commerce sites have been down since yesterday for "emergency maintenance." SOE isn't talking much about the problem. I read a story in Tom's Hardware that PlayStation Network was the first to go down, and that SOE has not ruled out an outside attack.

As of now, EQ2 is running okay, although there are spotty issues with login.

That's as much as I know. SOE does post updates on their Facebook page.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 04-23-2011, 02:45 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

What I've heard is that the problem's over in SCEA, the group responsible for the PlayStation, PSN and the like. Probably it's some platform-related service that doesn't impact the games directly but's needed for the websites.
Unread 04-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yeah, the websites like EQ2Players and whatnot are all done by another group at SOE. The game servers work fine since they're separate, but it looks like the websites are done by the same systems as playstation network so they're still down from that.

The some of the backend authorization and account websites for EQ2 are also separate and still work, although it's a bit trickier to get to them since the main website is still down.

The forums were also down but came back up relatively quickly.
Unread 04-23-2011, 06:47 PM
A Coastal Crab

I'm surprised no one has commented ANYWHERE about why the website is down. Anonymous DDOSed Sony a couple of days ago over the legal dispute with Geohot. It's funny how SOE is playing it off as "emergency maintenance" and aren't commenting further. It seems most of their sites are back up except for EQ2, but only a few days ago ALL of Sony's sites were down due to the attack. Way to step up and keep us informed, SOE.
Unread 04-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

People have been commenting all over the internet about it. Anon says it wasn't theme and it very well may not have been... Amazon had a major failure at one of their data centers. It seems like a strange coincidence that PSN and other SOE stuff would go down at the same time like magic. Obviously SOE uses Amazon in some critical way for some of their systems (or barring, that, at least uses the same data center).
Unread 05-12-2011, 05:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow
Default Money for nothin'

I want my.........I want my EQ2................

SOE, please throw an update out there for us. Even if it's just a guess. Anything, a cookie to hold us over. Puhleeaase. No updates since 5/4/11.
Unread 05-12-2011, 07:09 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Their site was updated today with more... I mean the same... info.

You should check their Facebook page, or twitter?, since they update daily.
Unread 05-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Sounds like things could come back online in a few days...

http://www.soe.com/securityupdate/recentupdates.vm

So far so good on the compensation for the downtime.

Not much SOE can do about it yet but was talking with my guild and one of our leaders brought up the fact because we weren't raiding we have missed out on nearly 80 new item upgrades for our members. We had just started really biting into the raid zones in Velious.
Unread 05-13-2011, 12:27 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

well, i got tired of waiting. i was able to control the urge to run back to WoW. I instead reinstalled Warhammer Online. fun so far and I can already tell a lot of good changes have been made. I just wish the modding community had lived.. nothing new over at War.mmoui since '09
Unread 05-13-2011, 04:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

One thing I am wondering about.

Many guilds need status points to pay their rent, as do players with bigger houses etc. Many folks did questing / crafting / raids to get these points. Contrary to belief, NO not every guild has 50 million status in it's bank / escrow. Is the clock 'running' still on rent? Are folks going to get into game and find out that they are essentially two weeks behind of rent? or two weeks wasted if they had escrow? Hopefully if sony is going to do a 'double' thing to make up for it, they also do double status points to help folks recoup the lost status on rents or they throw some into escrow accounts or something. Maybe a token good for a weeks free rent or two? Just some ideas.

I also see they are going to do a loot bonanza, I sure hope they don't flood the place with fabled's and high value items, and kill it's worth for everyone.

the greedy one.
Unread 05-13-2011, 06:34 PM
A Sea Turtle

Now it would be totally cool if SOE offered double XP for as long as the game has been down. Well, maybe that is being a bit greedy, but I hope it is for longer than a day or two.

Good point on the guild/house status points. That could be a real ouch.
Unread 05-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Servers up in case you didn't already know!