EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 09-27-2005, 04:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question other info from quest journal?

hi, every time that i achieve a new rank from killing things (like goblins, fairies, etc.) it shows a message that my quest journal has been updated. does this mean that the info is being sent to my quest journal and just isn't visible? if so, is there any way i can get that info visible when i open my journal? i would love to be able to check and see at a glance how many of each trackable mob i've killed whenever i want. anyway, if it's possible, consider this a request for it . . .
Unread 09-27-2005, 04:53 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Not possible.

You also get "quest journal updates" for finding new points of interest (the type that give you a little exp). Just consider a message that the server has updated your character's acheivement records.
Unread 09-27-2005, 04:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up

I am with elbogg on this one, You can go to say North Qeynos and click on the little flyer on the post, it looks like if that information is there, that means it is stored someplace and should be able to put it in some other format that is quicker to get to. It's a pain to have to go to NQ or town in general just to check that.

Good Idea
Unread 09-27-2005, 05:26 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
Not possible.

You also get "quest journal updates" for finding new points of interest (the type that give you a little exp). Just consider a message that the server has updated your character's acheivement records.
sniff, sniff . . . ah, well, thanks for the reply. i'm sure you know what you're talking about, as long as you've been around, deathbane, hehe. maybe some day they'll add that functionality in . . .
Unread 09-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakender
I am with elbogg on this one, You can go to say North Qeynos and click on the little flyer on the post, it looks like if that information is there, that means it is stored someplace and should be able to put it in some other format that is quicker to get to. It's a pain to have to go to NQ or town in general just to check that.

Good Idea
We have to be given access to it. If you look in the eq2ui_gamedata.xml you'll see all the dynamic data types an interface author can play with. Unfortunately the killing stats data isnt in there.
Unread 09-27-2005, 05:58 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
We have to be given access to it. If you look in the eq2ui_gamedata.xml you'll see all the dynamic data types an interface author can play with. Unfortunately the killing stats data isnt in there.
nm what i had here before, misunderstood, lol. i'm not sure where you meant to look, i haven't ever tried to mod anything before. would you happen to know if just our rankings are in there anywhere? cuz even that would be cool to have in the journal or skills window or something . . .

Last edited by elbogg : 09-27-2005 at 06:51 PM.
Unread 09-27-2005, 08:59 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

As several people have said now, NO.