EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-19-2016, 07:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default UI use on Test Server, need help with its install?

i know its the test server but I would like to use darqUI or the new profitUI on the test server as well as the live, but I cannot seem to make this work. The UI folder, under TESTSERVER has a copy of the same ui I use on live. I changed the eq2.ini file to make sure it is correct and still I see the default ui as I log in and run the game.

I had the old profitui installed and was using it until it no longer updated. I found darqui and it is close enough for me to say sure why not use it. It isn't profit, but close. However I like my interface to look the same in both locals. Anyone have any ideas why this won't work.

Yes I will keep trying to make the system work, but help could be nice. thanks much!
Unread 03-19-2016, 08:22 PM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Did you change the eq2.ini file in the test directory? I used to do this all the time actually to test interfaces...
Unread 03-19-2016, 11:26 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyp View Post
i know its the test server but I would like to use darqUI or the new profitUI on the test server as well as the live, but I cannot seem to make this work. The UI folder, under TESTSERVER has a copy of the same ui I use on live. I changed the eq2.ini file to make sure it is correct and still I see the default ui as I log in and run the game.

I had the old profitui installed and was using it until it no longer updated. I found darqui and it is close enough for me to say sure why not use it. It isn't profit, but close. However I like my interface to look the same in both locals. Anyone have any ideas why this won't work.

Yes I will keep trying to make the system work, but help could be nice. thanks much!

You can run a separate copy of DarqUI on the Test server. Drop a copy of the utility into the ...\TestServer\UI\ folder and run it from there. The utility will detect its location and set up only your Test server characters. Check for updates, and then on the Files page of the utility click "Make this UI the default." Your UI on the live servers will not be affected.

Last edited by Darqwood : 03-19-2016 at 11:30 PM.
Unread 03-20-2016, 10:18 AM
A Griffon

The same trick works for the new ProfitUI.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 03-23-2016, 07:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Thanks and that worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
You can run a separate copy of DarqUI on the Test server. Drop a copy of the utility into the ...\TestServer\UI\ folder and run it from there. The utility will detect its location and set up only your Test server characters. Check for updates, and then on the Files page of the utility click "Make this UI the default." Your UI on the live servers will not be affected.

Thanks for that tidbit of information as it helped set things right. appreciated your folks help.