EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 02-01-2007, 01:48 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost

Hey DB have loved using this mod since ya started. As far as Im concerned EQ2 just isn't eq2 w/o Eq2 Map and Milquetowst Info Center!

I spotted a new guild window I would like to try and I was wondering if the new window would "work" with yours or not (before I waste time downloading and frelling my UI.
Guild window

Thanks for the heads up on this.
Lexi
Unread 02-13-2007, 07:34 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Another Update....

OK, I've updated again, finally updating GU notes to GU 31, and also adding more information about Kelethin writs and status furniture, along with other various bits and pieces.

I know I still need to get walk-thrus in for most of the newer heritage and signature quests, and I *will* get to it. I just haven't had much game time recently. :P

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 02-13-2007, 07:50 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf
I know I still need to get walk-thrus in for most of the newer heritage and signature quests, and I *will* get to it. I just haven't had much game time recently. :P
I know that problem. Good to see you're still on to it, it's a great help to many players!
Unread 02-13-2007, 11:45 PM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone
Send a message via ICQ to anfrey Send a message via AIM to anfrey Send a message via MSN to anfrey Send a message via Yahoo to anfrey

i've been filling in some of the files for the signature quests... i am attaching them to this post. hope this helps
Attached Files
File Type: txt sig3.txt (2.2 KB, 285 views)
File Type: txt sig2.txt (1.8 KB, 273 views)
File Type: txt sig1.txt (2.7 KB, 301 views)
File Type: txt sig6.txt (1.9 KB, 362 views)

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 02-14-2007, 08:50 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf
Question [DragowulfUI] Xtreme Guild Window GU#31

Yes Lexi357, I had to rework the .xml files, and Miliquest Guild Window works along with [DragowulfUI] Xtreme Guild Window GU#31

I had to change a bunch of stuff, while Miliquest uses infocenter folder, my guild window uses myguild and guildinfo folder.

So they both work together w/o interfereing w/ eachother, to answer your question.
Unread 02-14-2007, 11:49 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Yes Lexi357, I had to rework the .xml files, and Miliquest Guild Window works along with [DragowulfUI] Xtreme Guild Window GU#31
Thank you Dragowulf thats great news to hear!
Unread 02-24-2007, 04:38 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Awesome

Hello everyone, i used info center for a few moments when i first installed the game with Fetish Nightfall but ended up deleteing it. I've found the info center again and want to use it. However i do not use any UI except for eq2map with the autoupdater. Could someone point me in the direction of how to install the Info Center? I appologize because i'm new to EQ2 and modding the interface. Thanks.
Unread 02-25-2007, 12:32 AM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to anfrey Send a message via AIM to anfrey Send a message via MSN to anfrey Send a message via Yahoo to anfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammMoney
Hello everyone, i used info center for a few moments when i first installed the game with Fetish Nightfall but ended up deleteing it. I've found the info center again and want to use it. However i do not use any UI except for eq2map with the autoupdater. Could someone point me in the direction of how to install the Info Center? I appologize because i'm new to EQ2 and modding the interface. Thanks.
drop all the files, using recursive paths, in the eq2map subdirectory within the UI directory, in your EQ2 folder. if you installed EQ2 to the default location, it will be c:\program files\sony\everquest ii\ui\eq2map\

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 03-02-2007, 12:59 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfrey
i've been filling in some of the files for the signature quests...
Thanks.

-- Darryl
Unread 03-02-2007, 01:06 AM
A Griffon

Now Updated for GU32....

- Updated "Game Update" notes to GU32.

Self-explanatory.

- Updated various text files with GU32 changes. Updated TIWIKE.

See above.

- Replaced "Credits" page with "Links" page.

Most of the URLs on the "Credits" page were no longer valid for one reason or another, anyway.

I briefly toyed with the idea of incorporating a browser window directly into the Info Center, but really, what would be the point?

The "Links" page has a number of buttons which will open the in-game browser window to various useful EQ2-related Web sites.

- Added walk-thrus for several signature quests.

Thanks again, Anfrey.

- Updated the "minimize" function so that the window retains its original size when minimized and restored, rather than returning to its default size.

I took the code from Othesus' modded browser window.

Unfortunately, the Info Center still won't remember where you were on the page if it's minimized and reopened; you'll always end up back at the top of the page. But there's nothing I can do about that. Sorry.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 03-02-2007, 10:45 AM
A Griffon

no problem darryl... i'll try to fill in the other gaps too as well...

i also noted a redundancy in one of the signature quest buttons... one of the quests listed is actually the 3rd or 4th follow-up quest from a signature quest detailed earlier... i can't recall which one it is, but if you look thru the txt files you'll see... i would suggest replacing that with another signature quest..

i've been getting my info from www.eq2i.com, which offers comprehensive "timelines" of different quests... very organized and easy to put into infocenter. plus, they seem to update a lot more often than allakhazam, imho.

either way, i'll see about getting a bunch of signature quest walkthroughs uploaded on here for you to add.

Unread 03-02-2007, 08:04 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfrey
i also noted a redundancy in one of the signature quest buttons....
I took care of that in yesterday's release.

-- Darryl
Unread 03-04-2007, 04:45 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I took care of that in yesterday's release.

-- Darryl
right on. i've been out of town so i haven't checked yet... i'm happy to be able to help with this project, so if there's any information or gaps that you need filled, just let me know

Unread 03-04-2007, 11:39 PM
A Griffon

I've updated the Info Center again. The most significant change is that I've removed all quest walk-thrus. It wasn't a decision I made easily, but the fact is, they really aren't needed. Walk-thrus for virtually every quest in the game are readily available online, anyway. And so, instead of including any actual walk-thrus, the Info Center now has buttons which allow you to immediately open your in-game Web browser to Allakhazam's "by zone" or "by type" quest lists.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default what am I missing..other than a brain

C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\myui
is where i extracted the files...
tried command from in game to bring up game window

then read forums

then found the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file in the default folder and copied it to this folder added the line <include>eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml</include>
to the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file

the only mod i have used before with eq2 is the map program

tell me where am i screwing up ..still does not load in game
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:04 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapperhead1
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\myui
is where i extracted the files...
tried command from in game to bring up game window

then read forums

then found the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file in the default folder and copied it to this folder added the line <include>eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml</include>
to the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file

the only mod i have used before with eq2 is the map program

tell me where am i screwing up ..still does not load in game
since you use eq2map, you need to extract the files to the UI\eq2map\ folder

Unread 03-06-2007, 01:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default back again

tried that right after ...still nothing...am i using the right command? can we take it from the top
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default sorry

ok ok i think i have it now sorry
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:28 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

I for one regret that you removed the quest info.

Those stuck with dialup only connections are not going to like having to stress their bandwidth by going to an external site. Also those sites are not always accessible. Having the information stored locally has been a lifesaver.

Unread 03-07-2007, 11:25 PM
A Coastal Crab

previous poster makes good point, some players haven't the pc power, or bandwith to use the browser in game, or to tab out.

is there any chance you could post a redundant version of the info center that those of us who relied so very much on your walkthroughs can use?
Unread 03-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Wynd Send a message via Yahoo to Wynd

Hun, you absolutely rock !! But please please, pretty pretty please bring back the quest walk-thru's ... sure saved me time and trouble when hubby *playing on his own computer* would ask me .... " who was it I had to see to update this or that quest .... where was the such and such located for this or that quest ?" Please bring em back
You dont know how many times Ive wanted to bonk him in the head when Ive had to stop ... open Alla's and look it up !! lol ... come on ... you could be saving a marriage ... *laughs*

Wynd
Unread 03-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Snoogans!
Premium Member

Server: Befallen
Default Quest walkthrus

First off, let me say this a great mod and I love it.
Now, let's get to why I am here...

I agree with the last few posters, the quest walkthrus are awesome. Even for people like me with a good PC and connection it's a lot faster and easier to pull them up through the InfoCenter. Also with the more lengthy quests like Peacock and Claymore it's laid out a lot better than any site I have seen, including allakhazam and eq2i.

In addition, to say that they're being removed because they're available through searching external sites doesn't just describe the quest walkthrus but basically the InfoCenter itself. If it's more an issue of keeping the section updated with new quests I can understand. Still, it would at least be nice to retain access to the quest info that was already compiled, maybe even an occasional update with stuff other users like Anfrey find.
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:29 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayve
In addition, to say that they're being removed because they're available through searching external sites doesn't just describe the quest walkthrus but basically the InfoCenter itself.
The difference, of course, is that where other information requires more active searching and/or isn't available elsewhere in the same format as in the Info Center, quest walk-thrus are available quite readily, in easy-to-find and well-organized lists. (And you don't have to "search" for the walk-thrus, anyway, as the Info Center now has buttons that link right to those lists.) As well, where the Info Center had walk-thrus for only a couple of dozen quests, walk-thrus are readily available online for virtually EVERY quest in the game.

Those who want walk-thrus in the Info Center are welcome to add whatever walk-thrus interest them to the "Notes" section. That will make information they actually need, on quests they're actually doing, immediately available. To facilitate this, I'll release in the next couple of days as an optional "add-on" the full set of walk-thrus that were previously in the Info Center, with the files renamed for use in the "Notes" section. But I'll not be updating them in the future, nor will I be adding new walk-thrus.

I'm sorry if I sound like an unsympathetic ass, but the truth is, the walk-thrus involved more work than anything else in the Info Center, and when all was said and done, even I found myself accessing walk-thrus from Web sites more often than walk-thrus from the Info Center, even before the in-game browser was added.

On a side note, does anyone actually play EQ2 over a dial-up connection? I find that difficult to believe. I mean, I'm quite far from state-of-the-art -- I play in 1024x768 resolution, with graphics settings that favor performance considerably over quality, on a machine that was already out-of-date when EQ2 first came out -- but I can't imagine trying to play EQ2 (or any other MMORG, for that matter) over a basic dial-up connection....

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 03-09-2007, 01:56 AM
A Sea Turtle

Arrow Version Numbers

On a totally different note from what most of the recent posters have been discussing, I would like to ask you to PLEASE start putting some type of version number on your files when you submit them.

I have used a lot of your mods for a long time, Darryl, and I really appreciate all the hard work that you have put into creating them. I was gone from EQ2 for a while, but when I came back to it, the very first thing I did was check to see which of your mods were still available because I remembered them as being the ones I could rely on to work the way I wanted them to work.

I realize that a lot of people who download your mods may not be like me in this, but I prefer to keep at least the last two or three versions until I am certain that they work right and that they work the way I want them to work. It's a real pain to get constant messages from my system asking if I want to over-write your files because they are all named the same thing.

Most modders seem to do this automatically, so I don't understand why you would object to doing so. In fact, I think I have seen some web sites that will not allow you to submit mods unless you have a version number on them, but my memory could be playing tricks on me.

So, once again, please put version numbers on your mod filenames when you submit them.
Unread 03-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:

On a side note, does anyone actually play EQ2 over a dial-up connection? I find that difficult to believe. I mean, I'm quite far from state-of-the-art -- I play in 1024x768 resolution, with graphics settings that favor performance considerably over quality, on a machine that was already out-of-date when EQ2 first came out -- but I can't imagine trying to play EQ2 (or any other MMORG, for that matter) over a basic dial-up connection....

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Some of us fall in that magical spot where cable/dsl/wifi doesn't hit our house so we are stuck on dialup while others happily speed though the net:/