EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 07-15-2007, 01:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default GroupMemberX Elements

I am working an a click to cast mod for cures & heals. I do not like the way all the mods I've found switch your target even using the /useabilityonplayer. I found they do this due to the buttons existing within the GroupMemberX page. No matter where you click within that page it seems to be coded to target that player.

I have created pages outside the GroupMember pages that hold my buttons. The click to XXXX functionality works perfect. I have two problems however, the button/icons are always on the screen, regardless of the number of people in the group (if any). Is there anyway to make these pages appear/disappear based on GroupMemberX existing?

Also, I found that using TreatAsButton on icons gives them a popdown/popup effect with clicked. However, once you add an acual button in the same space (to give it an action) this no longer happens and the icon seems 'dead' when clicked even thought he event fires. It would be much more intuitive if I didn't lose the popup/popdown. Is there anyway to preserve this with a button/icon combination?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Unread 07-15-2007, 02:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I figured out the first part using:
OnHide=Parent.Parent.Heal1.Visible=false
OnShow=Parent.Parent.Heal1.Visible=true
on the MemberInfoPage for each groupmember.

I am still looking to make buttons act like actual button where they depress.
Unread 07-15-2007, 04:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is there anyway to access cooldown information for individual abilities?
I've searched these forums high and low to no avail.
Unread 07-16-2007, 12:44 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidfly1 View Post
I am working an a click to cast mod for cures & heals. I do not like the way all the mods I've found switch your target even using the /useabilityonplayer. I found they do this due to the buttons existing within the GroupMemberX page. No matter where you click within that page it seems to be coded to target that player.
Normally when you click on a group member you target them. If you use the command /target_previous your target will switch back.

There's another complication also. When you click on a group member that you are already targeting it will toggle to their pet and back. This can be prevented with the command /target_allow_pet_member_toggle 0. You can put that in an OnHoverIn script before the button gets pressed.

I think Profit UI should have all those features if you want to see an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidfly1 View Post
Is there anyway to access cooldown information for individual abilities?
I've searched these forums high and low to no avail.
When you say "cooldown" you mean the recast time? No, that information is only available in the toolbar tooltip and the toolbar icon shading.
Unread 07-16-2007, 09:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus View Post
Normally when you click on a group member you target them. If you use the command /target_previous your target will switch back.

There's another complication also. When you click on a group member that you are already targeting it will toggle to their pet and back. This can be prevented with the command /target_allow_pet_member_toggle 0. You can put that in an OnHoverIn script before the button gets pressed.

I think Profit UI should have all those features if you want to see an example.
This I have already figured out. I have click to heal/ward functioning perfectly with no target switching ever. I also have my cure buttons designed where they don't appear unless your target actually has that particular ailment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus View Post
When you say "cooldown" you mean the recast time? No, that information is only available in the toolbar tooltip and the toolbar icon shading.
I figured as much on this. It was an added idea once I got the click to cast functionality working so much better than I had ever expected. I am thinking of just hard coding the cooldowns and using some kind of opacity timer. From what I have read this seems like a possibility.