EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-24-2005, 12:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default wont work

Hi first time posting, i recently picked up a new comp and eq2 having a good time sofar but i would like to get the rather dull screen brightened up.

Enter your download section for the last 3 hours i been trying to get nedra and the 1024x768 steel complete mods to work and nada, i can get all my boxes and whatnot scrambled like no tomorrow but i get 0 of the images and the positions is wrong, the closest i got was having a new compass and target window the rest was missing.

i tried every tip i could find under apropriate sections to no help, if you have any idea's about how i can get a mod to work other than the faq please post, due the monitor 1024x768 is max reso, well that or i need to exchange glasses with binoculars

PS: very nice work on those uimods all around

pps: just tried unzipping the steel mod into the eq2map file that was setup by your eq2map updater and used its eq2ini and still nothind

Last edited by Quady : 03-24-2005 at 12:50 PM.
Unread 03-24-2005, 01:52 PM
A Berserk Golem
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default suggestions

Might i suggest you do the the Help!?!? section of the forums here and read the sticky post " how to install an interface" I know when i first tried i had to go there to understand just how everything worked.
Unread 03-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Moved your thread from the chit-chat forum to the help forum. Please take a moment to look at all our forums and their descriptions. Thanks.
Unread 03-24-2005, 02:18 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quady
Hi first time posting, i recently picked up a new comp and eq2 having a good time sofar but i would like to get the rather dull screen brightened up.

Enter your download section for the last 3 hours i been trying to get nedra and the 1024x768 steel complete mods to work and nada, i can get all my boxes and whatnot scrambled like no tomorrow but i get 0 of the images and the positions is wrong, the closest i got was having a new compass and target window the rest was missing.

i tried every tip i could find under apropriate sections to no help, if you have any idea's about how i can get a mod to work other than the faq please post, due the monitor 1024x768 is max reso, well that or i need to exchange glasses with binoculars

PS: very nice work on those uimods all around

pps: just tried unzipping the steel mod into the eq2map file that was setup by your eq2map updater and used its eq2ini and still nothind
I'm not sure if you were using EQ2MAP when you were trying to install the nedra or not, but if you want to use like EQ2MAP and another UI, install EQ2MAP, run the updater to install all the necessary files, then unzip the other UI to your EQ2MAP dir. You must not overwrite any files when you do this. It should work. If not you are doing something very wrong. Do visit the topic suggested above.
Unread 03-24-2005, 06:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

No offense but you all missed my point, i tried everything i could find in help posts, faq's and what not nothing worked.

My last attempt i did exactly as response 3 said unzipped to eq2map nothing was overwritten and i didnt touch the eq2maps ini. nothing at all, if atleast i could get some errormessage telling me i was a putz, i'd have a clue where to point you guys

Edit: for the first 2 hours i was trying to install the mods every step of the way i had this page..

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/f...q_new_faq_item

open to make sure i didnt f.cked up typing anything as i know little bout computers, and yes it was also open after i had installed the mapupdater and tried that last time

Last edited by Quady : 03-24-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Unread 03-24-2005, 06:19 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

It sounds like the images aren't in the right place. Make sure any .dds and .tga files included in the downloads are places in ui/(yourmodfolder)/images

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Unread 03-24-2005, 06:23 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Not saying you should read the help section I've read your post., I'm saying you should post in the help section instead of the chit-chat section and that I moved your post for you. I believe thats what the poster above me said as well.
Unread 03-24-2005, 06:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

ah sorry misread that my bad

hmm now i have the upper 3rd of my screen with a white core background but its definitely some of the mod i installed bottom 3rd is my original default screen.

What i did was i unzipped the mod to my net file from the manually made sure that the 4 dds filed in their imagedir was copied to eq2maps image section, then copied the rest into the the eq2main file no overwrites taking place, any ideas what to do next ?

Last edited by Quady : 03-24-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Unread 03-24-2005, 07:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

k finally found a semi fix i got the top of TyeJae steel 10024x768 in the right colours and all, but i seem to miss everything else the hotbars and chat windows.

There was only 4 of the dds images could there be some missing from the download?

sorry to keep bugging like this