Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 07-02-2009, 04:18 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Default Wondering if this is allowed...

A window that Harvests a node so you only have to click it once.
Unread 07-02-2009, 04:51 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

As far as I know their stance was that they did not provide a /pause command or an ability queue that holds more than 1 ability on purpose, i.e. to prevent ingame macros to that extend, but I guess you could always ask to see whether they have changed their mind.
Unread 07-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

If they turn a blind eye to attended botting and they do.. then /shrug
Unread 07-03-2009, 02:29 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Unless the ULA has changed, the sticking point for MODs is not the bit about macroing, its the bit about distributing aids for automated gameplay.

SOE has to turn a blind eye to users that engage in attended macroing or they'd be subject to a discrimination suit from disabled persons.

They can and have objected to mods being distributed that make it easy for anyone to do. I doubt you'd face any legal drama over it, but SOE would very likely ask Dolby to remove the mod and possibly cancel your account if they could link it to your mod.
Unread 07-03-2009, 03:39 AM
A man among men

Definitely. Thanks for the replies. I know there are some thing like stuff that Aditu released that was removed.

Just being safe is all. Anything that aids the user through any sort of automation is a no-no.
Unread 07-03-2009, 03:41 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
SOE has to turn a blind eye to users that engage in attended macroing or they'd be subject to a discrimination suit from disabled persons.
Interesting, is that the official line? Do you know whether there have been such cases in the US? I only remember Blizzard suing that bot maker but I don't think the argument came up there.
Unread 07-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I doubt they'd care too much about it automating 3-pull harvesting (seeing as it wouldn't be any faster since you can already queue them, it would just automate the second/third click) but any such system is pretty easily expanded or modified to do other things (ie continually cast a nuke for example) that they might not like so much.
Unread 07-03-2009, 12:14 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
I doubt they'd care too much about it automating 3-pull harvesting (seeing as it wouldn't be any faster since you can already queue them, it would just automate the second/third click) but any such system is pretty easily expanded or modified to do other things (ie continually cast a nuke for example) that they might not like so much.
Well it just makes a lazy person lazier. But in a way it isn't automation because you still have to click.

I wouldn't risk it though.
Unread 07-04-2009, 03:25 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Interesting, is that the official line? Do you know whether there have been such cases in the US? I only remember Blizzard suing that bot maker but I don't think the argument came up there.
AFAIK the official line is simply no attended game play or distribution of aids to unattended game play.

Last I checked, there was nothing in the EULA that expressly forbids macroing or the use of third-party macro tools.

The unofficial rule is that if your toon is performing any actions, you must respond to a GM tell within a reasonable time frame (15min) or risk suspention.

I don't know if its come up in the gaming industry specifically, but lack of support for disabled persons has definitely been an issue for large software companies like Microsoft. The issue probably isn't as cut and dry with entertainment software since it does not affect a disabled person's ability to do a job. Never the less, disabled persons have some pretty strong and aggressive advocates that could easily make enough of an issue of it as to be very costly for any gaming company.
Unread 07-04-2009, 12:29 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I agree on the fact that I'm lazy and hate having to queue that 3rd harvest, or if I'm a lowbee and trying to skill up. It just seems like a system that is very boring to go along with time consuming.

But it's something that could be modified, as said, to auto use other abilities. It shouldn't be made publicly available.
Unread 07-04-2009, 07:28 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

To lazy to write a private mod for automation
+
to cheap to buy a gaming device like a G15 that supports macros
+
to cheap and lazy to dig up macroing software
=
Probably what SOE is counting on to curb 90% of the botting abuses.
Unread 07-09-2009, 11:28 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I agree on the fact that I'm lazy and hate having to queue that 3rd harvest, or if I'm a lowbee and trying to skill up. It just seems like a system that is very boring to go along with time consuming.

But it's something that could be modified, as said, to auto use other abilities. It shouldn't be made publicly available.
I agree.

I was under the impression that any sort of macroing tools and all that are forbidden in the EULA. I should probably look over the EULA because I haven't in some time.