EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-19-2017, 11:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Any UI for 2K/4K ?

Just want something to make things look right again, examine windows etc, things that don't scale without mod knowledge which I don't have. Any advice is welcome, Thank you!
Unread 08-20-2017, 10:19 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Everfrost

I have the same issue, and even though I do mod the ui, the amount of work that you would have to do would be crazy. Pretty much every single element in the game ui would have to changed. (I am not even sure this is possible) I found in the end that just setting my resolution to 1920 x 1080 to be the best solution, or the only solution unless you want to tackle the whole ui thing. Also due to the nature of game coding, it being heavily processor based, the performance hit at 4k was a bit much. I have a 4.5 Ghz I7 and it still shows lag at 4k.

Not sure that this was much help, but it was the only solution that I could come up with.

Mao
Unread 08-20-2017, 12:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Running an i7 7700, GTX 970, and 16 gigs of ram, I have no lag what so ever. The game looks better than I have ever seen it, I hate not being able to use the 4k res. (I haven't tested this in a raid or PQ environment, I'm sure framerate will drop)
Unread 08-21-2017, 08:06 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altho View Post
Running an i7 7700, GTX 970, and 16 gigs of ram, I have no lag what so ever. The game looks better than I have ever seen it, I hate not being able to use the 4k res. (I haven't tested this in a raid or PQ environment, I'm sure framerate will drop)
Same here GTX 970 32 gigs of ram and I know what you mean . It would be nice to see them update some things to handle latest gen hardware but I wouldn't hold my breath. It took forever just to get multicore (limited) support and some of the game moved from processor to graphics card. As for the frame rates...I got mixed results at 4k. Sometimes in a raid it would be acceptable (I consider anything less than 60fps laggy) others it would drop like a rock. I never bothered with testing in a PQ environment. I don't imagine it would be any better lol. I guess we are stuck at 1920 x 1080

Maybe someday we will get a real Everquest III. Until then happy gaming.

Mao
Unread 08-22-2017, 09:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

When you use 1920 x 1080 does your gamma seem all off? When I use 2K / 4K it looks perfect, when I go back to 1920 x 1080 my contrast and gamma are all outta whack, I can't seem to get them looking right on this game