EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 09-14-2011, 02:31 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

There's a few threads in the EQ2 forums about this. This one is probably the best work-around:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...503891#5605547

Hope it helps
Unread 09-14-2011, 10:57 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

That's an awesome tip. If it works, it should be sticky'd somewhere. I'll test today.
Unread 09-16-2011, 07:24 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
That's an awesome tip. If it works, it should be sticky'd somewhere. I'll test today.
Yes it worked for me as well. No CTD on ZAM's site now. I agree Drums, the work around should definitely be sticky'd somewhere in here.

So no one needs to go reading through the threads to understand how to apply the work around here is a very simple walk-through of how to create a user.js file.

IMPORTANT: This work around refers to the Mozilla folder in your EverQuestII folder, NOT your regular Mozilla FireFox Browser folder if you happen to use Mozilla's FireFox for your normal internet browsing.

1. Goto C:/Program File/Sony/EverquestII/Mozilla
2. With the Mozilla Folder highlighted, right-click on an empty area of the background which contains all of the Mozilla Folders and Files.
3. Select New
4. Select Text Document
5. Name the new text document user.js "You might be presented with a warning about changing the name." Just click Ok.
If you created the file correctly you should now see a yellow "S" or scroll type of icon next to the new file.
6. Right click on the new user.js file and select Edit
7. Copy and paste the following lines.

pref("security.enable_java", false);
pref("plugin.scan.plid.all", false);
pref("plugin.scan.4xPluginFolder", false);
pref("plugin.scan.SunJRE", "20.0");
pref("plugin.scan.Acrobat", "20.0");
pref("plugin.scan.Quicktime", "20.0");
pref("plugin.scan.WindowsMediaPlayer", "20.0");

8. Click File > Save
9. Within the Mozilla Folder you should see for example:

cert8.db
cookies.text
history.dat
key3.db etc. and so on plus your new...
user.js file

That's all there is to it. Now the ZAM site should not lock up your system or crash you to the desk top.

No credit to me, I only simplified the how-to instructions.

Thanks goes to Mysstie for the link and to Jrral, Leader of the Dark Renown guild on the Unrest server for the work around.

Last edited by Accredo : 09-16-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Unread 06-17-2012, 10:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Not Working For Me

this doesnt do anything for me. I have made this user.js file, I have allowed the awesome file through the firewall, I have reinstalled my default ui (delete and redownload with full game file check) and the browser window still crashed to desk at 20%. I can't even petition about it, because the damn thing tries to open the web page and crashes at 20%. It's driving me nuts.
Unread 06-18-2012, 12:40 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

This post was made for pre-Awesomium browser update. Probably not gonna work anymore.
Unread 06-18-2012, 12:43 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witherweed View Post
this doesnt do anything for me. I have made this user.js file, I have allowed the awesome file through the firewall, I have reinstalled my default ui (delete and redownload with full game file check) and the browser window still crashed to desk at 20%. I can't even petition about it, because the damn thing tries to open the web page and crashes at 20%. It's driving me nuts.
That's because the latest patch took out the old Mozilla-based browser and replaced it with the Chrome-based Awesomium component. user.js from Mozilla won't do anything for the new browser. We're just going to have to wait for SOE to fix their stuff.

Meanwhile, you can go to http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/answers/list and click on the "In-Game Support" tab to get the petition system outside of the game. You can also click on the "Station Support" tab, click on the Everquest II game picture, click on "Technical Support" and then "Open a Support Ticket". I believe that goes to the general Tech Support team, not the EQ2 game support crew.