EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 12-05-2017, 02:27 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Unkown
Default Will this work on the Test server?

Since Heroe's Festival, I've been playing more on the Test server. I spent a lot of time attempting to use EQ2map and DarqUI, until I messed up my live server map. I fixed that allright. But now I'm afraid to try again.

I saw people say on the official forums that they "just" copied and pasted the UI folder to the UI folder in the Test folder. When I did that, there were a lot of conflicts. I mean 400+ conflicts. And even after all that, it still had the default UI and default map.

Is there a troubleshooting guide? When I look in the FAQ, the information and links are very old, they still ref Sony. The stickied howto is from 2005. I hope you'll forgive my asking instead of taking them as gospel.

Is it possible to use non-default UI and maps on the "Public Test" server? Maybe it's not mentioned anywhere because it isn't possible.

Thanks
Unread 12-05-2017, 06:02 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

To use DarqUI with EQ2MAP on Test, first delete the \TestServer\UI\DarqUI_v3 folder if it exists. Then drop a copy of the DarqUI utility into \TestServer\UI\ and run it from there. If you don't change any of the setup options it will install the most recent DarqUI and EQ2MAP files, set up some basic settings for each of your Test characters, and make DarqUI/EQ2MAP the default. All you have to do at that point is log in and play. If that's not your experience, post again and describe what you are seeing.
Unread 12-09-2017, 01:49 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
To use DarqUI with EQ2MAP on Test, first delete the \TestServer\UI\DarqUI_v3 folder if it exists. Then drop a copy of the DarqUI utility into \TestServer\UI\ and run it from there. If you don't change any of the setup options it will install the most recent DarqUI and EQ2MAP files, set up some basic settings for each of your Test characters, and make DarqUI/EQ2MAP the default. All you have to do at that point is log in and play. If that's not your experience, post again and describe what you are seeing.
I'm your friend for life!!! It worked! Thanks so much!!