EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 06-11-2013, 05:49 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I had a lot of people coming to me with that same problem a while back, and it had happened to me enough times for me to be done with the problem.

So I coded this up. I put it in a button inside of the ExamineItem page called CheckLocation, and it gets activated OnShow. If you wanna put it directly in OnShow just remove a Parent. from each line. Feel free to use/mess with it:

Code:
gHeight=Parent.Parent.Height
gWidth=Parent.Parent.Width

iTop=Parent.Top
iBottom=(iTop + Parent.Height)
iLeft=Parent.Left
iRight=(iLeft + Parent.Width)

iNewTop=(gHeight - Parent.Height)
iNewTop=(iNewTop / 2)
iNewTop=int(iNewTop)
iNewTopPos=(iNewTop > 0)
iNewTop=(iNewTopPos ? iNewTop : 1)

bCheckTop=(iTop < 0)
bCheckBottom=(iBottom > gHeight)
bCheckVertical=(bCheckTop || bCheckBottom)
Parent.Top=(bCheckVertical ? iNewTop : iTop)

iNewLeft=(gWidth - Parent.Width)
iNewLeft=(iNewLeft / 2)
iNewLeft=int(iNewLeft)
iNewLeftPos=(iNewLeft > 0)
iNewLeft=(iNewLeftPos ? iNewLeft : 1)

bCheckLeft=(iLeft < 0)
bCheckRight=(iRight > gWidth)
bCheckHorizontal=(bCheckLeft || bCheckRight)
Parent.Left=(bCheckHorizontal ? iNewLeft : iLeft)
gHeight/gWidth gets the game window dimensions via the UI. It then basically checks if the any part of the examine window is off screen. if it is it will center it vertically/horizontally. It's worked really well!

Cheers.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 06-11-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Unread 06-12-2013, 02:25 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Nagafen

Hehe and im sorry but i don`t understand it with the codes and things, can you maybe upload somethings that i can download and put in my folder please =) ?
Unread 06-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

The code Drums is talking about has actually already been incorporated for the last few versions (basically since he posted it) . I haven't personally had an issue with the examine window appearing off screen since then, but I'll test it next chance I can and see if left too many parent's in when adpating it or otherwise typo'd it and have just been lucky.

In the meantime, if you want to upload and attach your character's eq2_uisettings.xml file I'll take a quick look at it and see if off-screen clones are the problem.
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:11 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

i did it what u said lordeborn but still the problem, is there something other that helps ?
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penebo View Post
i did it what u said lordeborn but still the problem, is there something other that helps ?
If you've deleted the examine window clones properly it should reset the locations of all item examines. Make sure you're not in game when you edit the file or the game will simply overwrite any changes you've made when you log out. Unfortunately I won't get a chance to take a look at the code in the window until tomorrow night most likely, so I can't check that aspect today.

As I've said, you can attach your character's uisettings.xml file (it's in your EQ2 directory and named Server_Charname_eq2_uisettings.xml, where Server and Charname are the server and character's name) to a reply and I'll take a look. To do that, start a reply, then scroll down and under "Additional Options" there should be a "Manage Attachments" button. There's no personally identifiable information in that file, it's just your window layouts and chat channels.
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:29 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

LOL. I completely forgot I already posted this in the XML snippet section

Whoops!
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:50 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I have that change in Charackter_Server...but still not working
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Looks like when I originally adapted Drums's code I didn't fully test it and had all the parents one level too high (Basically left it as in the snippet instead of properly adapting it for onShow). I have a feeling I edited my uisettings for my old server to test it, which magically would make it appear that the window was moving properly when it had never been off screen in the first place

I've fixed eq2ui_examine.xml now so it should force it to a valid screen location if it's fully off-screen. It'll be included in whatever the next release is, and I'm attaching it here as well. Penebo, download the updated file and put it in your Fetish 12.4 directory (overwrite the older file already there) and it should hopefully fix the window appearing off-screen.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_examine.xml (52.5 KB, 374 views)
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is there a fix incoming for the problem with the map not working?
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

The map is actually kept up to date by EQ2MAP (Fetish doesn't modify the base EQ2MAP file). You need to run the EQ2MAP updater, or just download and copy in the attached file.

The next zip posted will have the updated file in it, it just wasn't necessary to make a full zip since the EQ2MAP updater takes care of that issue.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml (2.6 KB, 570 views)
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Tried but this is the error and same one still "The mainHUD map2_clone_1 window is not compatible with the current client."
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:29 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

How can i save or make the defiler click abilities in grp window default? everytime i log out or switch toons it changes back to other healers click abilities. Also i can't seem to find howto use click cures.
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by remters View Post
How can i save or make the defiler click abilities in grp window default? everytime i log out or switch toons it changes back to other healers click abilities. Also i can't seem to find howto use click cures.
The window in-game does not have any save functionality (the game doesn't support it, outside of some sneaky usage of custom POI files, which the window doesn't use). To permanently change the abilities, you need to edit _Fetish_mainhud_raidabilities.xml and change the spells in the Default set (the first set of 3 abilities at the top of the file) and their ability numbers (you should be able to get these by "linking" a spell into your chat entry line and then copy/pasting it into a text editor outside of the game).

This is something that I plan to re-write to make it changeable in-game, but it's a good sized overhaul that I haven't had the time to set aside for.
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:36 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Pre launch patch.... looks mostly good. All windows open up without error.

Only thing i'm seeing is the AA window doesn't have the save/load feature buttons to save the AA profiles.

Also not sure if the map is supposed to look different with the ability to traverse the world using Station Cash.

Good work for beta.
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by otif View Post
Only thing i'm seeing is the AA window doesn't have the save/load feature buttons to save the AA profiles.

Also not sure if the map is supposed to look different with the ability to traverse the world using Station Cash
Fetish doesn't include the file for the AA window, it's included by reference and the default is automatically loaded styled to Fetish colors. If you're not seeing it, make sure you don't have an old eq2ui_mainhud_achievements.xml file in your Fetish install from a previous version.

For the map travel using SC, it looks like it didn't get added to the main map2 file by EQ2MAP like I thought it had, but rather was left to the skinnable controls. I'll get it added to the Fetish skinnable controls file before I upload the official 12.4.2.

Last edited by lordebon : 07-23-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Unread 07-23-2013, 04:21 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Awesome! Thanks, i can't wait.
Unread 07-23-2013, 06:12 PM
A Forest Scavenger

AA tree. This also didn't come completely over. Currently the AA screen you have is in build mode with no way to save it. No biggie just wanted to let you know that it didn't come over completely as well.
Unread 07-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

All the bugs noted have been fixed and 12.4.2 is now live.

Please note that if you were quick and managed to snag it in the brief minute before I corrected it to 12.4.2a, you may need to redownload and get the new version for the container window (the checkbox was not functioning properly due to some hard-coding in the game that was looking for it to be in what in my opinion was a silly place).

The only bug I am aware of that is not fixed as of 12.4.2 is not having the auto-assist toggle in the pet options window. I'll get to that eventually, it's just not a priority considering the toggle is already in the pet window itself.
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:30 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Hey there,

Just downloaded 12.4.2. Just wondering if i'm doing something wrong. I went to my AA screen and i see no save/load AA profile. I uploaded the map from EQ2 map interface and seeing no difference in that either. I did extract all of 12.4.2 to overwrite what was currently in there. If these windows are already fixed would you suggest a fresh install?

Curious.

Otie
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by otif View Post
Hey there,

Just downloaded 12.4.2. Just wondering if i'm doing something wrong. I went to my AA screen and i see no save/load AA profile. I uploaded the map from EQ2 map interface and seeing no difference in that either. I did extract all of 12.4.2 to overwrite what was currently in there. If these windows are already fixed would you suggest a fresh install?

Curious.

Otie
Yes, do a fresh install of Fetish. You probably have some old files that are no longer included. For one thing, the AA window uses the default so any old file in there will mess that up. There's no "save" and "load" buttons on it in the default either tho, save and load are options on the dropdown menu.

As for the map, it's only minor changes to it: the "S" graphic at the bottom of the minimap and a reduced-size version of the SC instant travel button on the main map.
Unread 10-01-2013, 02:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default UI for Heroic Character not visible from Character Select

They added a new button to the character select screen for creating a heroic character.

Right now, with Fetish 12.4, this button is not visible.
Unread 10-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

I'll take a look at it tonight. In the meantime you should be able to access it by deleting or renaming eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml and thus using the default version of that window.
Unread 10-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

12.4.3 is posted and contains fixes for the various changes today.
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Crash

I'm "crashing" when using the Fetish core ui. When I say "crashing" what I mean is it'll load up, be usable for a few moments, then freeze.

The only problem I've had is it comes up with an error for "The MainHUD map2_clone_0 window is not compatible with the current client."
Unread 10-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by evianwater View Post
I'm "crashing" when using the Fetish core ui. When I say "crashing" what I mean is it'll load up, be usable for a few moments, then freeze.

The only problem I've had is it comes up with an error for "The MainHUD map2_clone_0 window is not compatible with the current client."
Try a fresh install, including updating EQ2MAP after installing Fetish.