EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 12-04-2012, 05:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
There should be a small up and down arrow at the top and bottom respectively. I'll see if I can get a screenshot for you showing them, I have >10 characters as well and they were there last time I was on an alt.
I'm attaching a screenshot of my character select screen. I do not show those up and down arrows when using the Fetish UI. They are only present when I use the default UI.

Do you know what the name of the character select xml file is? I can try copying that over into the Fetish folder to see if I can get the arrows to appear that way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_Fetish_Missing_Icons_sm.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	7990  
Unread 12-04-2012, 06:57 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenavia View Post
Do you know what the name of the character select xml file is? I can try copying that over into the Fetish folder to see if I can get the arrows to appear that way.
This file is eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
No need copying anything. You can just rename it temporally -- EQ2 take default files automatically.

Do you use some sort of custom Guild window? Arrows on character select screen is exactly same as in Guild screen, and if you use some modified Guild window this can be cause of problem

To lordebon: possibly it will be good idea to declare arrows right in the newcharscene. Making character select dependent on guild window possibly good for SOE, but bad for customization and not very logical
Unread 12-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I'll take a look, but it'd be rather odd for the arrows to be dependent on the guild window. The same type of arrows may be in there, but the base type of arrow is usually declared in a common file, not a particular window. If it is, it may be an old bug carried over from the original Zonx files.
Unread 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
I'll take a look, but it'd be rather odd for the arrows to be dependent on the guild window. The same type of arrows may be in there, but the base type of arrow is usually declared in a common file, not a particular window. If it is, it may be an old bug carried over from the original Zonx files.
Yes, I laugh too, but:
Code:
<Button Location="303,386" Name="PrevCharacter" PackLocation=",fff" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="/MainHUD.GuildRecruiting.Arrows.up" />
<Button Location="303,852" Name="NextCharacter" PackLocation=",fff" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="/MainHUD.GuildRecruiting.Arrows.down" />
and it nearly same in Default UI (Zonx change only coordinates and size)
Unread 12-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Ah, that explains it then... SOE was lazy to start, hehe. I'll try to get it fixed in the next version, even tho it's not broken per se if you use the full Fetish UI.
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Mandor View Post
This file is eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
No need copying anything. You can just rename it temporally -- EQ2 take default files automatically.

Do you use some sort of custom Guild window? Arrows on character select screen is exactly same as in Guild screen, and if you use some modified Guild window this can be cause of problem

To lordebon: possibly it will be good idea to declare arrows right in the newcharscene. Making character select dependent on guild window possibly good for SOE, but bad for customization and not very logical
I'm not using anything custom. I just downloaded the latest Fetish (12.3) and unpacked it to the UI folder. I then pointed the eq2.ini file to the 12.3 Fetish folder.
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Ah, that explains it then... SOE was lazy to start, hehe. I'll try to get it fixed in the next version, even tho it's not broken per se if you use the full Fetish UI.
As far as I can tell, I am using the full Fetish UI. Isn't that what the 12.3 Fetish Core download was?
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:12 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenavia View Post
As far as I can tell, I am using the full Fetish UI. Isn't that what the 12.3 Fetish Core download was?
So far, you are only one reporting this problem.
Let's try to find what is wrong

First, I hope you made a clean install of 12.3 Fetish Core ?
This is extremely rare, but downloaded file may become corrupted or incorrectly unpacked. Just download it again and unpack again to be sure.

Rename eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml into AAAeq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
Will you see this arrows ?
Rename AAAeq2ui_newcharscene2.xml back into eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml

Rename eq2ui_mainhud_guildbrowser.xml into AAAeq2ui_mainhud_guildbrowser.xml
Will you see this arrows now?
Rename AAAeq2ui_mainhud_guildbrowser.xml back into eq2ui_mainhud_guildbrowser.xml

Look into the 'images' subfolder inside Fetish folder
Is 'fetish_widgets1.dds' still there ?
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Problem with AA

When I hit the AA button it appears Blank, any fixs?
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberMan View Post
When I hit the AA button it appears Blank, any fixs?
Install Fetish Core 12.3 per instructions. You have an old AA window in there by the sounds of it.
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
So far, you are only one reporting this problem.
Let's try to find what is wrong

First, I hope you made a clean install of 12.3 Fetish Core ?
This is extremely rare, but downloaded file may become corrupted or incorrectly unpacked. Just download it again and unpack again to be sure.
Okay, I re-downloaded the file and unpacked it into the UI folder again. Ran EQ2, had no arrows at character select. NOTE: I am using the EQ2Map Updater to launch eq2.

Quote:
Rename eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml into AAAeq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
Will you see this arrows ?
Rename AAAeq2ui_newcharscene2.xml back into eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
I have arrows when I do this, however, the UI doesn't match my screen size - its smaller.

Quote:
Rename eq2ui_mainhud_guildbrowser.xml into AAAeq2ui_mainhud_guildbrowser.xml
Will you see this arrows now?
Rename AAAeq2ui_mainhud_guildbrowser.xml back into eq2ui_mainhud_guildbrowser.xml
I had no arrows at Character Select when I did this.

Quote:
Look into the 'images' subfolder inside Fetish folder
Is 'fetish_widgets1.dds' still there ?
I do have this widgets file.
Unread 12-09-2012, 10:41 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Everfrost
Default hover over autoexamine feature broken

since last weekend (12/1/12) some update to EQ2 must have changed something as i no longer can hover over items and get the autoexamine windows. when i first go into the game, i get a message about incompatible UI. the rest of the game functions fine, and if i rt-click examine it works. the autoexamine is a great feature i use all the time when loot drops it autoshows me the item i looted and any item i have equipped so i can see if i should equip the new item or sell it.
Unread 12-09-2012, 12:08 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldragor View Post
since last weekend (12/1/12) some update to EQ2 must have changed something as i no longer can hover over items and get the autoexamine windows. when i first go into the game, i get a message about incompatible UI. the rest of the game functions fine, and if i rt-click examine it works. the autoexamine is a great feature i use all the time when loot drops it autoshows me the item i looted and any item i have equipped so i can see if i should equip the new item or sell it.
delete or upgrade eq2_Examine.xml
Unread 12-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldragor View Post
You need to use the updated eq2ui_examine.xml that is in the 12.3.1 thread in this part of the forums.
Unread 12-09-2012, 12:26 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Everfrost
Thumbs Up thanks

thanks - i'll locate those updates and install them. i'm used to getting an email from eq2interface when there are updates to my "Favorite" UI
guess i need to watch the forum here more often.
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Cure/Heal

When I use the UI I am having an issue now where I am no longer (once I log out/switch zones) where under my name my spell bar is gone. I gives me an error when i hover over the auto-clicks (Parent.Parent.Parent.Click Abilities) any cure for this? I love the UI that Fetish gives and i don't wanna change it!!!

EX: [D][S][Parent.Parent.Parent.Click Abilities][ ][ ]
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:03 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default tradeskills

Any idea when the Tradeskill window will be updated? I miss my ability to hit enter and start up another one!
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by otif View Post
Any idea when the Tradeskill window will be updated? I miss my ability to hit enter and start up another one!
No ETA. December is always busy for me because of the Holidays, so it depends on when I can find a little time to sit down and fiddle with it.
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:06 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Nagafen

Does someone have the same problem like me ? after patch today i was running eq2 and always the client does crash after start -.-
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:39 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penebo View Post
Does someone have the same problem like me ? after patch today i was running eq2 and always the client does crash after start -.-
Only problem i'm having is when I mouse over something the little window showing what the item is, is not coming up. It said there was a problems with the UI and i'm not sure which file to move from the default file

Found it. It was popup_examine. Switched it out and works fine.

Last edited by otif : 12-13-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:20 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by otif View Post
Only problem i'm having is when I mouse over something the little window showing what the item is, is not coming up. It said there was a problems with the UI and i'm not sure which file to move from the default file

Found it. It was popup_examine. Switched it out and works fine.
It should be eq2_examine.xml not popup_examine unless thats a file that got added since my install of 12.3
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:36 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Nagafen

I think my main problem isnt the examie file ,when i run my game and i log my char after 5sec my Eq2 client does crash up ,befor that one window shows up (dont remember of name from window but there was Marketplace items and other stuff) i think that is buggy for me or somethink Need pls Help!
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Agreed

I've run into the error when I log in about something not working, even after changing examine xml, there is no difference.
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:36 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberMan View Post
I've run into the error when I log in about something not working, even after changing examine xml, there is no difference.
You have deleted the eq2_examine.xml file? It has to be completely removed until a patch can be made.
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:48 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Innothule

it is the file " eq2ui_hud_choice.xml " and the file " eq2ui_examine.xml " if your Eq2 crashes after deleting or rename the eq2ui_examine.xml rename the other one too.