EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 12-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Are you all using the updated eq2ui_examine.xml that is posted in the 12.3.1 thread? If so, they must have changed something else today. I'll take a look when I log in after dinner tonight, in the meantime if it's not working just delete eq2ui_examine.xml (and if it's causing a problem, deleting eq2ui_hud_choice.xml should be fine as well).

It's quite annoying when they push UI-affecting changes live without announcing them in advance and giving us a chance to look at them on test and fix them.
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:42 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

The right-click examine is working fine for me. It's the mouse-over "tooltip" examine that's bugged. The bug turned up today after the Frostfell patch.

Last edited by Twibble : 12-13-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

I didn't get home until late tonight (literally 15 mins ago) and have raid now so I won't have a chance to check the windows and get it fixed until tomorrow.

In the meantime if you're having issues, rename or delete eq2ui_examine.xml and eq2ui_hud_choice.xml to be safe until I can check things and get fixed versions posted.
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:53 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

While your at it. can you look at the fetish locator.xml file. It does not seem to be working for me. In the "current location" section it says "parent.inventory" and will not function at all.

Also when you press the "refresh" button all the text changes. Here is a screen shot of what it looks like "after" you press the refresh button.

Eshaac

Last edited by Eshaac : 12-14-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Unread 12-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

I haven't changed anything in that window, but it's possible something else broke it. I'll add it to the list to look at.
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Fixes for all non-cosmetic bugs have been posted in the 12.3.1 thread and will be included in Fetish Core 12.3.1 (which will be uploaded shortly).

I checked the Fetish Locator and it seems to be working fine to the extent the game code allows it to. I was able to move windows, resize them, etc. The fields of "parent.etc." are when the game cannot find the window (in some cases, this happens whenever the window is not visible, nothing I can do about it). In the particular case of the Inventory window that was mentioned, that window doesn't exist anymore so it obviously won't be found. I'll have to remove some of the old chaff like that in a future update, but since it's cosmetic only you can just ignore that for now. The stuff you see if you hit "Refresh" when it's first opened is because you haven't yet selected a window, so it obviously can't find location and size for no window.
Unread 12-17-2012, 12:31 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Possible bug

I don't know if this is a game dynamic thing or a UI thing.. but I'm wondering about my Mercenary settings. I will set them to "DO NOTHING" and whenever i Zone, die, evac, ect., the setting will automatically switch to "protect self"

So is this a UI thing or game thing that the UI has no effect on?
Unread 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by otif View Post
I don't know if this is a game dynamic thing or a UI thing.. but I'm wondering about my Mercenary settings. I will set them to "DO NOTHING" and whenever i Zone, die, evac, ect., the setting will automatically switch to "protect self"

So is this a UI thing or game thing that the UI has no effect on?
The UI has no control over that, that behavior is dictated by the the game itself. Mercs will naturally reset to protect themselves at times unfortunately. Pets in general have some of the same issues I believe.
Unread 12-23-2012, 10:07 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Enter key no longer trigures create in TS window?

Nevermind!

Last edited by otif : 12-23-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:36 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Beta 1
Default inventory window

I have installed the ui on my mothers computer, my brothers computer and mine.. their inventory windows are fine.. when I open mine it always opens to the options not the equipment page.. any idea why ??
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiaa View Post
I have installed the ui on my mothers computer, my brothers computer and mine.. their inventory windows are fine.. when I open mine it always opens to the options not the equipment page.. any idea why ??
By default, the character window opens to whatever page/tab you last had open. So you must have that tab open when the window was last "saved" to your uisettings. If you select the equipment tab and then move the window, that should cause it to save and open to the equipment tab when you next open it.
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:17 PM
A Brown Bear

nope.. have tried leaving it open on equipment.. moving the window.. saving my ui settings manually in the options window.. nothing helps .. it still insists on opening up to options.. and yea i have even reinstalled the ui totally.. *sigh heh
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
nope.. have tried leaving it open on equipment.. moving the window.. saving my ui settings manually in the options window.. nothing helps .. it still insists on opening up to options.. and yea i have even reinstalled the ui totally.. *sigh heh
Try copying a uisettings xml file from one of your computers where it works fine on to the one where it's not, and then /load_uisettings and load the copied file and see if it fixes it there.
Unread 12-29-2012, 12:06 AM
A Brown Bear

will try it.. have to wait until i get over to their house next week
Unread 12-31-2012, 07:29 AM
A Grassland Beetle

icons are missing for lvl91+ guild events
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:01 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by harczos View Post
icons are missing for lvl91+ guild events
To my knowledge SOE hasn't added the icons for the 91+ events even in the default window. There's ~365 lines of defined icons in the default and ~365 identical lines of icons in Fetish, so all icons that are in the default are also in Fetish.

Without that reference to copy, I'd just be guessing at which numbers are which events, since they're only numbered and have no cross-reference that I can see.
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:42 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
To my knowledge SOE hasn't added the icons for the 91+ events even in the default window. There's ~365 lines of defined icons in the default and ~365 identical lines of icons in Fetish, so all icons that are in the default are also in Fetish.
The last change to those icons was back on November 29th, adding events 122 and 123 to the top of the list. Patch notes indicate this was a fix for 91-95 guild events: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/i...-29-2012.1298/
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Odd, I must have been looking at an old copy of the default then. Easy fix.
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM
A Brown Bear

Default inventory/character window

I havent had a chance to get someone elses settings file, but i did delete the fetish inventory.inventory window to try the default.. its definitely my settings.. do you have any idea which line would tell it what to open on?? I would love to just be able to fix it that way instead of building my uisettings off someone elses ui setup..
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

There's nothing in the actual window file that is telling it to open to a different tab. What you want to edit is your character's uisettings file. They're named on the template of "Server_Character_eq2_uisettings.xml."

Try searching for
Code:
Window Name="Persona"
and then under that where it says
Code:
page="0"
make sure that it's 0 there and not some other number. I believe the page= controls which page was last open, and 0 should be the topmost (inventory/equipment) page.
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Odd happenings with the group window

My wife is experiencing random changes to the group window in Fetish 12.3.2. It seems that at random times the window will decide to click on the portraits option. When it's clicked off, and yes we've checked under options to make sure it is clicked off, the window will minimize to the bottom of the screen edge. Any thoughts? Other then this, the UI is great. Thanks for the help.

Gosshawk
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosshawk982 View Post
My wife is experiencing random changes to the group window in Fetish 12.3.2. It seems that at random times the window will decide to click on the portraits option. When it's clicked off, and yes we've checked under options to make sure it is clicked off, the window will minimize to the bottom of the screen edge. Any thoughts? Other then this, the UI is great. Thanks for the help.
The window uses some scripting to make the SOEmote portraits behave properly, but the only time it should be triggering is when you chose to show/hide the portrait section. I'm going to assume you're using the group window in the normal horizontal format, if not let me know.

It sounds like what you're doing is manually trying to hide the portraits by resizing the window and then right clicking and hitting hide portraits... which triggers the scripting. Normally the scripting resizes the window (which leaves it higher up the screen due to the way the hide/show right click behaves) and then moves the window down to get it back to where it belongs.

If that's not the case, I need more information... like where on the screen it is, what orientation (vertical or horizontal), if you have SOE mote on (or are turning it on/off) and exactly when it's doing it. I also suggest trying a fresh install of that window from the current download, just in case you got a corrupt file that is making the scripting trigger when it should not.
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:34 PM
A Brown Bear

i've changed it to read page '0' and that IS the correct setting.. but no matter what i do it keep resetting to '11'.. I have put in my mom's ui settings for her character and changed the name to my character.. and when i start it reads '0' after i open the persona window it reads '11' the ONLY fix i can find after 3 hours of reading just about every xml file that could possibly relate to that window is to load in drums inventory.. that is self contained for some reason and it doesnt have a page setting at all.. btw i HATE their inventory !!! now i just need to decide if i wanna live with options page opening.. or get used to a new inventory box lol
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
i've changed it to read page '0' and that IS the correct setting.. but no matter what i do it keep resetting to '11'.. I have put in my mom's ui settings for her character and changed the name to my character.. and when i start it reads '0' after i open the persona window it reads '11' the ONLY fix i can find after 3 hours of reading just about every xml file that could possibly relate to that window is to load in drums inventory.. that is self contained for some reason and it doesnt have a page setting at all.. btw i HATE their inventory !!! now i just need to decide if i wanna live with options page opening.. or get used to a new inventory box lol
I think I know what's going on, in that case.

Go to options > controls > window keys. Make sure that they key you're using that you want to open the window normally (to the inventory) is listed next to "Character Window" and NOT next to "Character Options Window." I'd be willing to bet that somehow your keys got mixed up so that the key you're using is bound to the character options window (which is just the options tab of the character window... exactly the problem you're having).
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
A Brown Bear

ohhh I cant wait to get home from work to try it LOL ..