EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-28-2006, 10:10 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Frequent LD's since 11/24/06

First I wanted to thank you for the great UI. It has truely improved my gameplay.

My girlfriend and I have been using Profit and then transitioned to Profit Reborn for the better part of the last year or so, and couldn't be any happier with it.

We have definately noticed some strangeness lately. With the exception of the last 5 days, I've probably gone linkdead 10 times in the last two years. We have an extremely stable connection. But in the last 5 days, both of us continually go LD every 5 -10 minutes. At first I thought it was hardware related as it started on my girlfriends machine. Then the frequency started ramping up on my PC.

This happens across multiple accounts and characters, I had been troubleshooting it as a network/computer problem for the past few days. Then last night I was talking to some friends cross server, and found out they had the exact same problem. Their ultimate solution ended up being going back to the default UI. I really didn't believe that to be the case, but sure enough, my girlfriend and I switched back to the default UI and have not gone LD since.

I then upgraded my ProfitUI to the absolute latest version 3.02 with the required background image patch, re-switched my eq2.ini and almost immediately started going LD again in game.

At this point I am back to the default UI and hating every minute of it, but feel forced to do so to remain effective in raids. I can say with 100% certainty that this does not effect ALL people that run profit, a large portion of my guild runs it, and only 2 of us are effected. And my cross server friends are in the same situation, 4 of them had the problem and 6 are running profit just fine.

This feel like its going to be a strange bug to track down, but I'm more than willing to do what it takes to assist in collecting the necessary data.

Anyone have any ideas??

Yobor - 70 Brigand - Second Dawn - Najena
Unread 11-29-2006, 04:30 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh you again. You never responded to my last pm.

Anyway, I'm one of those without problems, so this one will be difficult to track. And I have difficulty believing that the UI could even cause a linkdead, but you seem to have researched it to some extent...

Do you go linkdead while zoning or during normal gameplay?

If it is while zoning, try removing/renaming the eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml file.

If it is during normal gameplay, can you link it to specific actions? Otherwise all I can suggest is to start removing random windows until it stops.
Unread 11-29-2006, 10:38 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia

I only LD when I try to set House access. As soon as Start to type in the Name box of the person I want to grant/revoke access. I crash HARD to Desktop. BTW, I am using DEFAULT House window!!!
Unread 11-29-2006, 12:51 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Unkown

any of you using wireless route ? in some case the wireless box does causes disconnection from your modem
Unread 11-29-2006, 05:47 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia

This LD thing is only since EoF and only with the House access text box in my case.

I am wired lan as well.
Unread 12-20-2006, 05:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have recently has some seroius issues as well - only in the last three days beginning on 18th December bizarrely enough the first time I logged in after hitting level 70.

It takes me a very long time 5-10 minutes to log into the game, if at all. Similar problem if I zone. On the 19th I couldn't get past the zoning screen at all and kept loosing connection.

I then deleted the UI and my UI settings reinstalled and could once again play. My whole session was sepnt rearanging game windows....

Lo and behold the next time I log in on the 20th after LU30 back to square one... very slow zoning times both at log in and zoning in game. Huge lag in game for chat, npc interactions, scribing collecting money from broker.

I really like this UI think it is great and want to be able to continue using it, bit it seems to be causing too much hassel at the moment....

I am also using a wireless connection however experience similar problems on my other computer that is not wireless, and have tried deleting the EQ2_hud_zonning file you mentioned all to no avail.

Have you any other suggestions that could alow me to continue using this excellent UI?

p.s. I am also a brigand maybe it just doesn't like us?
Unread 12-20-2006, 05:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hmmm well I just tried to log in with the default UI and experienced similar problems so I am going to look elsewhere for my solution.

At least I'll be happy if it is not caused by the UI, just have to find out what the problem is now.....