Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-19-2011, 11:16 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Everquest launcher version and auto-updaters

Greetings,
First off this is an awsome program don't get me wrong there, but there is one slight issue I have found since Velious.
  • If you use the EQ2.exe to launch the game it downloads the files for the launcher to be the "Sentinal Fate" launcher.
  • If you use the Launcher.exe file to launch the game it uses the "Velious" launcher.
Note: I have tested this on 3 machines 1 with a new install and the 2 others are just upgraded with "Velious".

Now you ask how does this involve eq2maps? well, eq2maps by default will launch the EQ2.exe file to launch Everquest from the eq2maps launcher.

The fix for anyone wanting your "Velious" launcher back, put in your "Velious" disc and "repair" the existing install, it will check all your files and only upgrade the launcher file. Now just use your launcher file to launcher the game from now on and you will have your "Velious" launcher (this option can be set in the eq2maps options also)
(this fix also has been tested to fix the issue with Drumstixx updater also)

I didn't place this in the troubleshooting section because it's not really an issue, since either launcher will work for the game. Since I have walked a few people through this issue I thought I might as well post it just in-case anyone else wants the Velious launcher back.

Thanks,
Draven