EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > eXtremeUI

Unread 01-21-2012, 01:17 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Using the shortcut created by the new installer would be good because it will point to launchpad.exe.

The question about the location of launchpad.exe is important. In a clean install, there will be one copy of launchpad.exe and it will be in the EQII directory. In an upgrade install, there will be a copy of launchpad.exe in the EQII directory, but there may be other copies left over elsewhere. It is essential to be sure your shortcut points to the right one. It is better to find and delete those extra copies.

Landlin, I sympathize with your frustrations. SOE could support the mod community better, but at least I still get enough help from them to keep up my testing work for ProfitUI (and EQ2Maps as I can).

LP4 is a big improvement (and long overdue,) but the new launcher architecture has caused temporary issues while people with older installations clean up their setups. Since I understand the new setup pretty well now, I can usually help out.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Yea, that is why I caution about using the launchpad.exe's shortcut. As it could point to somewhere other then where EverQuest2.exe is (the one the user actually uses).

I agree the lp4 is tons better then other ones excluding the station launcher of course .
Unread 01-24-2012, 11:28 AM
A Griffon

Yes. I loved Station Launcher too, and used it up until LP4. I am careful to never let them forget that they promised to put SL's features into the regular LaunchPad. Some feature are there now, but not all.

I've been encouraging people to delete and re-install EQ2 this time. There have been a lot of changes since Shadow Odyssey that leave older installations littered with duplicate or obsolete files. The changes to the default install path even leave duplicate installations of the game. This confuses the application, the user, or both. As an example, I did a search for launchpad.exe on my system and found it installed in three different places beside the EQ2 setup. A couple of these were the original LaunchPad, circa 2008. A fresh start is a good idea.
Unread 01-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

I agree 100% and don't get me started on their distributions software.. I've helped people through out the years with UI issues to only find out they have 2 or even 3+ copies of EQ2 on their hard drive.
Unread 01-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Think I am going to rewrite this in C++ (No it will not need .NET or ever need it) and put the code on Google code or source forge. I wrote it in pascal b/c I just like the language better but more people know C/C++. that way people will be able to make adjustments as need long after I am gone.
Unread 01-29-2012, 07:49 PM
A Griffon

There is no doubt that the EQII application deployment architecture is pretty sad. I was reading some forum posts by a user who pointed out that SOE's sloppy decision to store cache and log files in that application directory (and hard-wire those paths) made it nearly impossible to improve performance by installing it on an SSD.

It also doesn't help that the average user is pretty clueless about how their computer works. But that's what we have to work with.

I think re-writing in C++ and publishing through someone like SourceForge is a good idea for the long-term maintainability of the code. And it is an application worth keeping alive for the long haul.
Unread 09-21-2012, 03:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Spelling Mistake

"retreaved" should be spelt "retrieved"

Great utility!

Alan
Unread 12-14-2015, 06:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Stopped working after upgrade to Windows 10

Running 64 bit Win 10 now, worked fine with Win 7. Gets the pop up box "EQ2MAPS has stopped working" Downloaded and used this one because the other auto updater crashes with "application has stopped working".
Unread 12-16-2015, 11:16 AM
A Griffon

I haven't had any issues with the auto-updater I use, which says "EQ2MAP Auto Updater (Version 1.2.10)" in the title bar at the top of the windows. That one is running okay on three different 64-bit Win10 systems.

That said, my experience so far has been that Win10 is fairly buggy. Right from the start, I've seen the System Event Logs rack up piles of error events, many of them serious. So you may have something ugly going on behind the scenes that's causing your problem.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 10-14-2018, 08:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default updater not running anymore, been working fine for years

now i get error message : Error: HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently.

per Google: the 301 Moved Permanently code generally indicates an issue on the actual web server hosting your application.

Already tried download again and reinstalling, same error message.
Unread 11-26-2018, 08:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default update URL broken

Gets error message: Error: HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Unread 11-26-2018, 09:17 AM
A Coastal Crab

I'm getting the Error: HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently come up whenever I try to update maps, I have downloaded the program again and installed but still the same.

I've not moved anything on my PC, not changed any links. Still it doesn't work.

Any ideas?
Unread 11-26-2018, 11:11 AM
A Griffon

Landiin's last activity on this site was more than two years ago, and his last post was more than three years ago. This may give some insight regarding the status of his map updater, although I don't have any direct information.