EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-02-2016, 12:54 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by offkilterkitty View Post
Therindal, I have been using Profit for years, and this new updater utility since you first set it out.

This is not the first time I have seen this either, but it is rather vexing right now. Only the CE Utility is displaying this, and only since I noted the issue of of Breath and that other file not listing as updated, when they were.

Has anything changed in the past few days otherwise?

I can see it on the task bar, I can see it is running, I just cannot bring it up. ALT + TAB does not jog it out either.

Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and choose Task Manager, then right-click on the ProfitUI_CE task and click "Maximize." Does this make it visible? (You may have to choose "Expand" from the context menu and then click Maximize.)

Last edited by Darqwood : 05-02-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Unread 05-02-2016, 02:16 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I was able to do that, thank you, there were not new updates, other than Breath and Images (which we already know have issues).

I see that there should be 2 server messages, but that window is blank when I click on the cloud.

Restore down, to a smaller window, just minimizes it, and then will not bring it back up again.

In my experience bar, the vial thingy, I am not seeing that either, however, I have not bought any yet. Will that icon only show if I have a vial to use/remove?

I am starting to wonder if I need to get a new link to the Utility?
Unread 05-02-2016, 03:08 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I was able to do that, thank you, there were not new updates, other than Breath and Images (which we already know have issues).

I see that there should be 2 server messages, but that window is blank when I click on the cloud.

Restore down, to a smaller window, just minimizes it, and then will not bring it back up again.

In my experience bar, the vial thingy, I am not seeing that either, however, I have not bought any yet. Will that icon only show if I have a vial to use/remove?

I am starting to wonder if I need to get a new link to the Utility?

I was able to duplicate the issue you are having. If you close and reopen the utility while it is minimized, it stays minimized and you can't restore up to a normal window. If you have Windows 8 or higher, you can fix this. Do the maximize trick from above, then grab the maximized title bar and pull the window away from the top edge of the screen. You should get a normal window that will open and close as expected. This may or may not work with Windows 7, I can't remember if it has the feature where you can drag the window onto/away from edges. I'll see about fixing this permanently in a future version of the utility.

Unread 05-02-2016, 03:56 PM
A Griffon

Well, at least we know that the issue is real and reproducible. I'm sure we'll get it fixed as soon as we can.

That breath file is annoying. Darq made an invisible change in it to test the server uploads. I don't know how it got stuck in this zombie state, but I'll try to get that corrected.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 05-02-2016, 04:57 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Darqwood's fix worked.
It had the experience bar to update, and did that. Still do not see a vial icon, but as I mentioned earlier, I have not bought any yet.
Unread 05-02-2016, 05:22 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Darqwood's fix worked.
It had the experience bar to update, and did that. Still do not see a vial icon, but as I mentioned earlier, I have not bought any yet.

You may have previously checked the "Skip" checkbox for your images folder if you were using one of the other themes. This would prevent you from getting the new images needed to see the vials. Check for updates with the utility and check the "Accept" checkbox for the images folder near the bottom of the list.

We are working on utility updates to make using the ProfitUI theme files much less confusing. Stay tuned.

Unread 05-03-2016, 12:24 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Send a message via ICQ to CrystalStar Send a message via AIM to CrystalStar Send a message via MSN to CrystalStar Send a message via Yahoo to CrystalStar Send a message via Skype™ to CrystalStar
Cool

I was trying to update to see if you all had pushed anything till Saturday, then I started looking here and decided to wait till the updater was ready with updates. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Unread 05-03-2016, 10:25 AM
A Griffon

I need to check and make sure the updated images file got properly sent upstream. I was seeing the vial icon during testing, so I know it should work.

That's on the to-do list along with doing something about the zombie breath file.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 05-03-2016, 12:15 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I see the vial icon now.
I had to stretch the window a bit to see it.
Unread 05-03-2016, 12:57 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Send a message via ICQ to CrystalStar Send a message via AIM to CrystalStar Send a message via MSN to CrystalStar Send a message via Yahoo to CrystalStar Send a message via Skype™ to CrystalStar
Cool

I see the vial, but I don't see the resolve...I also see there is still an issue with the breath window ghosting.
Unread 05-04-2016, 09:55 AM
A Griffon

Crystalstar -

I fixed the issue with the breath window, but after your post. Should be good now.

I didn't have to expand my XP window to see the vial, but I know I had messed with the size in the past. Anyone who doesn't see the vial should try stretching the window. Might be good if someone tweaked the default size of the XP window.

I checked the settings on the bottom bar as it is now and Resolve is not checked by default. I had to open the ProfitUI control panel and turn it on.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 05-05-2016, 06:57 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Beta 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post
I added the restore page for you. I don't have that much plat, so I am going to leave that alone. Maybe one of the more talented guys can do it. I need to see the problem for me to fix it, just how I work.

EDIT: I expanded the page a little bit so Restore Items and Passive Effects are not truncated. I don't use this persona window, but I thought it looked bad. So file updated. *If this changed is not wanted, let me know, I can revert.*
Thx to you, i have now added more Space for the Platin Coins (Will be displayed now over 999.999 Platin i think

Its looks now so :

Its the same as Blackhood, i only added more Space for Platin.

Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (243.6 KB, 471 views)
Unread 05-05-2016, 07:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Any way we could get the old shiny black theme(?) on the updater? It was just black, and shiny. Or point me to which file I need to pull from the old Profit directory, and I can just block the new stuff from updating that file?

Thanks, that probably isn't really descriptive enough but hopefully you know what I mean.
Unread 05-05-2016, 08:58 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yovNuthq View Post
Any way we could get the old shiny black theme(?) on the updater? It was just black, and shiny. Or point me to which file I need to pull from the old Profit directory, and I can just block the new stuff from updating that file?

Thanks, that probably isn't really descriptive enough but hopefully you know what I mean.

Here are the shiny black files from the original UI. You can unzip and copy the folder into your ProfitUI_CE folder and use the utility to select the theme. Alternatively, copy the dds files directly into the ProfitUI_CE\images folder. But one warning: the old color files have not been updated since 2014 and there are quite a few things missing including deity graphics and XP vials.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Theme_blackdef.zip (497.4 KB, 435 views)
Unread 05-05-2016, 05:29 PM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone
Default Red background on dressing room?

I have all the CE updates, but for some reason, my dressing room background is now that reddish brown color (#291919) instead of normal ProfitUI blue (#19293C).

The file involved is eq2ui_inventory_dressingroom.xml

From what I can tell, the background color is being set here:

<PaperDoll backgroundcolor="#FF0000" Name="Paperdoll" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0001/0001,0051/0001" paperdollheading="-180.0" paperdolltype="dress" ScrollExtent="235,398" Size="235,398"/>

However, #FF0000 is pure red, so I am baffled.
Unread 05-07-2016, 05:56 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigrdrifa View Post
I have all the CE updates, but for some reason, my dressing room background is now that reddish brown color (#291919) instead of normal ProfitUI blue (#19293C).
I'm not sure the reason for this either. My dressing room file is the same since 2012 and I have the red background also.

Did this change just happen with the last patch?
Unread 05-07-2016, 06:40 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidu View Post
I'm not sure the reason for this either. My dressing room file is the same since 2012 and I have the red background also.

Did this change just happen with the last patch?
The paperdoll color from the original metallic blue ProtifUI classic theme is #1f2d3e, which is pretty close to Sigrdrifa's value of #19293c. The color is found in eq2ui_ColorStyles.xml in the main ProfitUI_CE directory. If you have not already done this, check for updates with the utility and down at the bottom of the list you will see the theme choices. Download the ProfitUI Theme and then apply it on the Themes page of the utility. This should get you back to the correct color, unless something has indeed changed with the dressing room that I wasn't aware of.

Therendil is working on some things that will make choosing color themes much less cumbersome, stay tuned.

Unread 05-14-2016, 08:43 AM
A Coastal Crab

Unhappy New Graphics wrinkle

I love Profit and the hard work you have done to keep it going with CE.

For the past 3 days when I log into my characters the health and power bars are black also the bottom bar. I have re-installed the game - re-installed the interface but it remains the same. If I go back to the default interface all is well - apart from the fact I don't like it. Anything changed to cause this and am I alone with this oddity?

Flossie
Unread 05-14-2016, 10:50 AM
A Griffon

I don't recall seeing anything like that, but I'll re-check on both my systems.

There haven't been any changes I know of that would explain what you're seeing. The last posted fixes were on May 9th and included the new version of the utility and fixes to dressing room background color.

Has anyone else seen this?

-= Therendil =-
Unread 05-15-2016, 12:27 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Group window cures/heals borked?

Is this a GU 100 issue, or something else? The cures say "this spell or ability is no longer available", and the pre-defined heals are all not working. Screenshot below.

(EDIT - SOLVED)

Redit the Profit UI CE, and it works now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 2.png
Views:	405
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	8386  

Last edited by MoeDrippins : 05-15-2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Solved
Unread 05-22-2016, 07:23 PM
A Weald Wolf

Default Quick-Cast Buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDrippins View Post
Is this a GU 100 issue, or something else? The cures say "this spell or ability is no longer available", and the pre-defined heals are all not working. Screenshot below.

(EDIT - SOLVED)

Redit the Profit UI CE, and it works now.
Since you mentioned the quick-cast heals I wanted to warn you and other healers that Profits quick-cast buttons are out of date for any spell 96 and above.

This means the lower version will cast instead of the 96+ version.

If you have spells 96+ you want to use you must edit the file manually. The same applies if you wish to use a lower level Ancient instead of say a higher level master.

The outdated quick-cast buttons casting lower versions is about the last thing needing a update in Profit.

Last edited by Zidu : 05-22-2016 at 07:25 PM.