Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Closed Thread
Unread 03-10-2005, 04:23 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarshaz
In game, my map isn't displaying the new maps with POI.

I'm using the default UI.
I downloaded the .NET update and have run windows update too.
I downloaded and extracted the Updater into my EQII/UI/Default folder.
I've run the updater and it works without an error.

Nothing seems wrong, yet it doesn't work. What obvious thing am I missing?

Thank you.
make sure you real all the instructions posted in the download, specificly the part that says "If you have never installed an interface before read the directions here about installing a custom interface before proceeding." read the page from the link in that sentance in the instructions and then once you have followed the instructions if you are still having problems post again.
Unread 03-10-2005, 05:00 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via AIM to Humudce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarshaz
In game, my map isn't displaying the new maps with POI.

I'm using the default UI.
I downloaded the .NET update and have run windows update too.
I downloaded and extracted the Updater into my EQII/UI/Default folder.
I've run the updater and it works without an error.

Nothing seems wrong, yet it doesn't work. What obvious thing am I missing?

Thank you.
Try making a new folder in your UI folder called mymods, and copy the Updater and the support files into that folder.

Run the Updater as you did before, it should add an XML file, a configuration file and 2 folders with information to that folder, to that new "mymods" folder.

Move up one folder to your EverQuest 2 folder and follow the instructions in the FAQ on installing new UI mods. Any files that the game does not find in your "mymods" folder it will use the Default Folder's files.

Installing Custom User Interfaces

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-11-2005, 01:00 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

another update was released today, check the download or this thread in the updates section. i also restructured the layout of the download description somewhat to hopefully make it easier to read/find what you are looking for.

Last edited by taco-man : 03-11-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Unread 03-11-2005, 08:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Minor problem noticed:

I had the most recent version (without the auto-updater) of EqMaps up and running just fine with a custom UI (Slightly modified Incubi-Silver actually) and had many POIs visible.

However, after installing the beta_autoupdater program, I noticed the map for the Commonlands now held instead of the great variety of POIs that it had before, it held only 2. (Jereth Blackshield & Gil Mcmartin or so) where the only POIs visible after running the autoupdate software.

*Edited:
However, I would like to mention that Nek forest seems to display the POIs correctly..

Last edited by koltur : 03-11-2005 at 08:37 AM.
Unread 03-11-2005, 09:33 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

i did my best to get most of the maps points of interest added to the website. however i was not able to get all of them, and that is why the following warning is in the download description.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
you may lose some of your points of interest that you currently have because not all of them have been added to the website. However if you notice one that is missing you can submit it by going to http://maps.eq2interface.com/ and click the submit points of interest link. or by clicking on the button on the updater that says "Support EQ2MAP Submit a Point of Interest"
if you go to the website and submit points of interest that were there before on the old version, next time you run the updater they will be there, and everyone else will have them as soon as they run the updater.

Last edited by taco-man : 03-11-2005 at 10:02 AM.
Unread 03-11-2005, 12:47 PM
A Coastal Crab

Feature request

1) I currently can't figure out how to tell what version of the updater I'm using. It would be nice if it were indicated somewhere obvious (lower-right corner maybe?).

2) Some kind of visual indictor which shows that there's a newer version of the updater available.

**EDIT**

Ok, either you got that in real quick, or I was incredibly blind.

Last edited by EvilCrew : 03-11-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Unread 03-11-2005, 02:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Ahhh!

Ah, I read all the instructions, but hadn't read all the fine print. Thanks a lot man, btw, this is a very handy little add-on and I appreciate all your guys' efforts.

Wasn't sure if it was a bug or not, so.. (also, as a different bug, i notice that occasionally when I run the auto-updater, it gives an error warning as if I didn't have the .net framework update installed, however it is, but other times the program runs normally..)
Unread 03-11-2005, 06:56 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

-IMPORTANT BUGFIX! please download the newest version(0.95a Beta), more details are in the first post in the updates section. This fixes a problem introduced in 0.9f.
Unread 03-11-2005, 09:36 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

wailing caves should now have all the pois in it that it had before the updater i went to the site and submitted them.
Unread 03-12-2005, 12:07 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCrew
Feature request

1) I currently can't figure out how to tell what version of the updater I'm using. It would be nice if it were indicated somewhere obvious (lower-right corner maybe?).

2) Some kind of visual indictor which shows that there's a newer version of the updater available.

**EDIT**

Ok, either you got that in real quick, or I was incredibly blind.
you may have had the first version i released and then updated to a newer one. in the first version it had no version # but i have been including them for a few versions (which has only been like 1 and a half days) i also added a newest version thing a few hours before you made this post so you might not have noticed it. You know they say great minds think alike so if either you or i have a great mind we must both have them
Unread 03-12-2005, 05:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Question Clicking A Link in the Updater

I use Firefox browser, and all of my user names and such are stored using Firefox. When I click a link using the EQ2MAP Updater, it launches MSIE, which is a serious pain for those of us who don't use that browser. Any way of having it launch the default browser instead of MSIE, when clicking on a link?? Thanks!

Myr
Unread 03-12-2005, 05:08 PM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak

hear-hear!
Unread 03-12-2005, 11:45 PM
A Brown Bear

Someone please point out where I missed an instruction. I'm sure that's what I did. I've reread it so much, it's all sorta running together.

I have the EQ2 maps already installed and working (beautiful thing that it is.) I downloaded the updater and put it in the same custom UI folder as the maps. Ran it and got an error message about Common Language Runtime Debugging Services. Hit OK to close it or Cancel to stop the debugging service. The next window says No Debugger Found. Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings. cordb.exe !a 0xc44. I hit Retry to see if it would start the debugger manually but it shuts itself down.

Thinking I may have an old .NET, I used the link provided on page one by Taco Man. Overwrote the existing file and re-installed .Net framework. Restarted the PC for good measure and I keep getting the same error.

Next I tried putting the patcher in it's own custom UI folder...same error.

Penny for your thoughts.
Unread 03-13-2005, 01:08 AM
A Griffon

Very odd message, in the Tools Menu of Internet Explorer in the Internet Options Window Advanced Tab, is the JIT Complier checked under Microsoft VM?

Unread 03-13-2005, 02:29 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabettin
Someone please point out where I missed an instruction. I'm sure that's what I did. I've reread it so much, it's all sorta running together.

I have the EQ2 maps already installed and working (beautiful thing that it is.) I downloaded the updater and put it in the same custom UI folder as the maps. Ran it and got an error message about Common Language Runtime Debugging Services. Hit OK to close it or Cancel to stop the debugging service. The next window says No Debugger Found. Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings. cordb.exe !a 0xc44. I hit Retry to see if it would start the debugger manually but it shuts itself down.

Thinking I may have an old .NET, I used the link provided on page one by Taco Man. Overwrote the existing file and re-installed .Net framework. Restarted the PC for good measure and I keep getting the same error.

Next I tried putting the patcher in it's own custom UI folder...same error.

Penny for your thoughts.
did you extract ALL 3 files like it says? you should have Interop.SHDocVw.dll, AxInterop.SHDocVw.dll, and BETA_EQ2MAP_Updater.exe all in the same folder.
Unread 03-13-2005, 02:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default me too :(

i have the same error
Unread 03-13-2005, 02:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Same error

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by felissdrakkhen
i have the same error
I keep having the same error as well.. Did not have this error before version 0.93e, but with 0.93e,f and 0.95a it stays.

Regards!
Unread 03-13-2005, 03:07 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

my isp is having problems right now, hopefully by morning i will be fully back online and i can give you a solution.
Unread 03-13-2005, 03:48 AM
A Brown Bear

Humudce, I didn't even see a listing for Microsoft VM under Advanced in IE Tool/Options. I read each line from top to bottom and notta. There was also no mention of JIT in the list.

Taco, all files are there. Here's a screenshot in case you can get something from it that I wouldn't know about

Using our home network, I transferred the updater compressed file to my husband's computer from mine instead of downloading it directly on his PC. I thought this would test whether or not my download was corrupt. I installed it on his system, ran it and it works like a dream. I checked for MS VM and JIT on his Advance tab in IE and there's nothing there either.

My PC Technical info:
  • Win XP Pro SP2 w/all updates
  • AMD Athlon FX-53 64 bit processor
  • 2 gig PC3200 HyperX RAM
  • 2x 180 gig HD (RAID 0)
  • GeForce 6800 GT 256
  • SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
  • ANTEC TRUE 550 watt ATX Power supply
  • ASUS SK8N Motherboard

I'd be interested to know what others who are getting this error message have in common with my system. Not sure if that matters or not since it seems like a software thing on our side but maybe something we installed that came with the hardware... I dunno.

Oh yeah, if I click Cancel on the first error message (just like what's posted above), this is the next window that comes up.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Last edited by Annabettin : 03-13-2005 at 03:53 AM.
Unread 03-13-2005, 04:08 AM
A Griffon

Wow this one has me puzzled, but it's late...

Ok all of those having this error, I wonder if it could be some type of security setting causing this? Do you have full Admin Access on this computer? Also do you have a firewall running, if so the one with SP2 or a 3rd Party one? If you have a Firewall running and it didn't popup a message saying that this application is trying to access the internet, you may need to go in and manually allow this program to access the internet. Attached is a screenshot of the IE Tools, Internet Options, Advanced window showing the JIT.

Also you may want to try this download 1st,
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
and this one 2nd.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I am not getting anytype of error like this but I am running the .Net 2.0 Beta 1 on my system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ieadvanced.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1814  

Last edited by Humudce : 03-13-2005 at 04:24 AM.
Unread 03-13-2005, 05:16 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Everfrost
Talking Feature Request/Loss

Please forgive me if this is the wrong spot to post this, this is my first posting. First of all I truly enjoy using the EQ2MapMod you all have put wonderful effort into... that being said I have a question.

Tonight I updated the Eq2 Map file as well as installed teh auto updater... unfortunately it appears that my map has now lost the ability to be minimized into a bar as it had been before. I am not sure if that feature was due to the original EQ2Map or a feature of Fetish's Complete set interface.

Please advise if there is a way to correct this (I am a non-programmer user of mods, not a creator). I attempted to reverse the ...mainmap.xml file, but the updater will overwrite any backtracking I have tried to reobtain this feature.

Thank you for your time and keep up the great work!

Grymmtooth
Everfrost
Unread 03-13-2005, 09:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default grrrr

i have instal the service pack
i have no firewall and full acces to me pc (admn )
and i have the error box egain ^^
Unread 03-13-2005, 09:25 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Cordbg.exe

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...rcordbgexe.asp

The Runtime Debugger helps tools vendors and application developers find and fix bugs in programs that target the .NET Framework common language runtime. This tool uses the runtime Debug API to provide debugging services. The source code for Cordbg.exe is being shipped as a sample application. Developers can examine the code to learn how to use the debugging services. Currently, you can only use Cordbg.exe to debug managed code; there is no support for debugging unmanaged code.
You will probably need to follow the links that Humduce posted and get the .NET framework if you are getting the errors.
Unread 03-13-2005, 12:51 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

For those of you experiencing the wierd error, i found this when i used google. i dont know wether or not it will fix your problem since i cant duplicate your problem so i have no way of testing it.
below is what it said:
-------------
As to .NET Framework: your error is fairly common.
I found the following fix:

With info from tech support I have solved the problem.

1) From Microsoft Support Site
-Download and install the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility in order to
remove all MS .Net Framework items.
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility (http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301)

2) Rename your C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET folder to Microsoft.NET.old.1

3) From Microsoft download Site - Download & Install & Restart:
a) Windows Installer 2.0 (if you don't already have it.)
b) Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
c) Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

(Allow a good bit of time for all this.)
Unread 03-13-2005, 02:47 PM
A Coastal Crab

Exclamation help me please..

Hello. I downloaded the .net framework, downloaded the eq2map beta updater, installed it to C:\EverQuest II\UI\eq2map , then ran it, let it update, and it auto-launched EQ2. My problem is when i open my map up, nothing is different. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make it show up? Thanks.
Closed Thread