EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-10-2005, 11:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Exclamation

LU14 files:

1) broke the merchant window (unable to toggle between tabbed windows and defaults to "buy" window).
2) gambling/lottery window shows up as a black square (unable to close)
3) Target health bar missing from target window (however, name of target and con info was visible).

that was all i noticed before I got called away.
Unread 10-10-2005, 11:35 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

I did have the crash issue whilst working on one of those files I dont recall what one it was now but I made sure that was fixed before I uploaded them all it was, was an invalid reference to a page that didnt exist and now that was not my bad programing it was somthing that the UI builder decided to slot in from out of the blue its getting real go at doing that sort of stuff lately...

So I would say yes your problem would be with the notes page you been messing with missed a </Page> tag or </> out I would guess by the sounds of it.....

Whats that sound I can hear? ........... Its loads of people calling out from WoW wanting you to start playing that again lol
Unread 10-10-2005, 11:38 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliche
LU14 files:

1) broke the merchant window (unable to toggle between tabbed windows and defaults to "buy" window).
2) gambling/lottery window shows up as a black square (unable to close)
3) Target health bar missing from target window (however, name of target and con info was visible).

that was all i noticed before I got called away.

Are you playing on a US server?? If that is the case there must have been some more updates that I dont have as yet.... Soon as I get the files it will be done..
Unread 10-10-2005, 04:31 PM
A Coastal Crab

Thanks for all the work man... great UI. Thank's for the update!
Unread 10-10-2005, 05:49 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

In yer dreams Laffy! Im loving EQ2 a lot right now, sorry!

I didnt mess with the notes page meself btw, I used the bat file to create as I always do, all I did was change one page to be Inquissie spells, nothing huge, just a 2k txt file before hitting the create notes bat file.
Unread 10-10-2005, 07:40 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
In yer dreams Laffy! Im loving EQ2 a lot right now, sorry!

I didnt mess with the notes page meself btw, I used the bat file to create as I always do, all I did was change one page to be Inquissie spells, nothing huge, just a 2k txt file before hitting the create notes bat file.
Looks like i'm stuck with you again then lol

Oks m8 post that one file here and let me have a look at it pls... Thats all I can think it can be likes...

or

You have used all the files in my past 2 zip files havent you? as I know you like to mess about with stuff lol
Unread 10-11-2005, 04:40 AM
A Griffon

I deleted it! Its all working too atm, and I decided I can cope without a spell list seeing as Im 49 nearly.
Unread 10-11-2005, 04:42 AM
A Griffon

Oh I didnt touch anything btw, I used the folders you provide and dont edit or generally bugger with anything like that anyhow.

About the only thing I change in my UI is to delete the Journal Helper you put in and to use that other element you did for me with no stats etc just the quest name and place yer in.
Unread 10-13-2005, 12:41 PM
A Coastal Crab

great UI Laffs!
With todays update thou it crashes
And target bar is still not working right (well as of last night anyways, heh) Thanks for all the hard work!
Unread 10-15-2005, 10:46 AM
A Sea Turtle

Installed the update and everything is working perfect. Love the new inventory too!
Unread 10-23-2005, 10:06 PM
A Coastal Crab

Awsome! So glad it works again!! I was in rough shape without it, let me tell you.

Anyway, any chance we can get some alternate hotbars without the arrows on the side? I don't use those and they just take up space/reduce appearence.

Thanks a ton!
Unread 10-24-2005, 02:14 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Beta 1

So here are now the Problems ..

The HP/MP Number are Double Lined in the Target and Persona Windows.

This is only when i have Smooth Fonts and Sansf Serif Fonts aktivated in die Options.

Then on the Player Find Windows, i have no Choice to define the Class, Race und Good or Evil.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen.gif
Views:	231
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	3906  
Unread 10-24-2005, 02:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

little problem, I used the SEVERNAME_CHARNAME_eq2_uisettings.ini file in the folder, there was only 2 one said it was 1024X728 other never said what it was. Instructions say there is a 1200X1024, but its not labeled that. I assumed other one is that. Well after renaming it I logged into that character and it loaded like this http://members.cox.net/zargos/EQ2_000000.jpg.

When I understood should look more like this http://www.eq2interface.com/download...ew.php?id=3928.

Tried messing with it to correct it but I cannot even move the spell effect window, only can add or remove it. Plus no background is showing on the compass and time of day parts.
Unread 10-24-2005, 04:08 AM
A Griffon

I hate that inventory dropping down from the top. I like just using the default inventory. Can you do that element without the inventory pls??
Unread 10-24-2005, 08:16 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
I hate that inventory dropping down from the top. I like just using the default inventory. Can you do that element without the inventory pls??
Add this line to the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file before the /Page tag at the end

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_ammo.xml</include>

delete eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml from your Laffs_Lite folder and place the 2 files that are in the attached zip file in there.. That will give you the mini false inv window at the top as per usual and when you hit "I" or whatever you use the default Inventory will show up..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the other problems with smooth fonts and the dropdowns I will take a look soon.... but all was working fine for me lastnight likes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The char settings file, You need to change the view on the exp window to frame only for a start off, the rest is just setting the individual windows opacity etc etc...... There is quite a few settings like that, that seem to get dragged up from the last UI's settings that you used as for why I dont know probably some stray settings in the recent.ini .... It is very difficult to make a char settings file that will work on everybodys system as there are so many factors to take into consideration.... So somtimes you just gotta re-size and move stuff about for yourself..
Attached Files
File Type: zip New WinZip File.zip (4.5 KB, 188 views)
Unread 10-24-2005, 12:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

ok, almost looks great but still I am unable to move the spell effects window at all. I moved the mouse all over the place, also right clicking hoping for a menu or something, got nothing. so now looks like this http://members.cox.net/zargos/EQ2_000001.jpg.

so, need to just figure a way to get that spell effect window up and I am good to go.
Unread 10-24-2005, 12:19 PM
A Griffon

Just the hotbars need moving over a little to the right if you enable allow windows offscreen that will do the trick...

As for the effects window not sure why your having problems with it /shrug

But heres a surgestion

go to the laffs lite folder and rename the eq2ui_mainhud_effects.xml file to eq2ui_mainhud_effects.BAC

Then log back in game that will give you the default one again then resize and place that one to where it should be set the frame on it then zone / camp

Go back to laffs lite folder and change that file name back to .xml then you good to go m8

I have a few fixes / updates i am going to upload in next hour or so anyways so i will take a look at the window in question and see if anything is realy wrong with it...
Unread 10-24-2005, 12:24 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Ok loaded the UI and everything looks great! Only issues I am having is as Eradicator_Z, cant move my effects window. Another thing I noticed which is a hinderance is that if I hit escape..ny target window closes (if i retarget it dont come back up..have to hit alt+t to get it back). If I hit escape again my group window disapeers, and once more it makes my XP bar disappear. Also, once I log out and come back in...my target window is not were i had placed and locked it earlier, nor is my time clock...and lastly my chat one of the chat windows is closed upon loggin as well. All pretty minor stuff..but have a feeling the disappearing target/group windows could put a dampener on a raid lol. Any ideas?
Unread 10-24-2005, 12:58 PM
A Griffon

Oks you was right about the effects window problem is I had a left and right grouper in there (not shown) and the new window dont use those as I had expected.... So thats fixed..

As for the clock I know about that just mouse over the compass window and it will pop into position .... That is bottom of my list to redo likes

As for the escape issue those windows never used to do that =( same way as you could click through the raid window before LUD15 as a result the raid window I have had to make untill I find a way round this is .... well..... just blooming crap ..... Only one good thing about all these damn updates is they changed the buttons and stuff to round style as default so that's one less thing I have to change.

Update coming soon then...

P.s the chat window problem sounds like thats a SoE issue... again this one keeps coming back everytime they do somthing to the chat window for some reason.

Last edited by Laffs : 10-24-2005 at 01:04 PM.
Unread 10-24-2005, 01:46 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedes
Awsome! So glad it works again!! I was in rough shape without it, let me tell you.

Anyway, any chance we can get some alternate hotbars without the arrows on the side? I don't use those and they just take up space/reduce appearence.

Thanks a ton!

Yeh I can do somthing with that... but will be a week or so as I am away as of tomorrow evening
Unread 10-25-2005, 03:29 AM
A Griffon

Woah fabulous! Ta for that last zip file.

I was gonna ask if you could split the clock and compass cos it would suit my setup way better, although people like you and my missus that use the letterbox setup (solid top and bottom) may prefer the other version.

In future can you lob that into an *Extra-Lite* sub folder? If people want theirs set uplike mine, screeny attached, I can upload my ini if you want.

Only thing I need to do is to reduce the size of the clock bit to hide the bag icon on account of it being on the start button too heh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	laffs_ultra_lite.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	3918  
Unread 10-25-2005, 07:08 AM
A Griffon

The clock and compass is going to get split now anyways as there is no need to have them linked anymore, since the updates... but not till after next week
Unread 10-25-2005, 08:58 AM
A Griffon

Cool

I cant reduce the size of the clock enough to hide the white line that goes around the bag and emote icons, its just on the bottom still, no biggie but looks gash! Doesnt seem much sense having 2 bag and 2 emote icons. Doesnt seem to be much point in the emote icon at all but I know you like that for some strange reason *giggle*.

Are you working on the start button still? I recall you mentioning that, you taking the 2 icons off that?

Oh one other thing, can we have the no label hotbars back please?
Unread 10-25-2005, 10:01 AM
A Griffon

Just use the edited clock and compass I have just done now as I had a bit spare time to get this out...

No plans as yet to do anything with the start button thats on hold

Next is the hotbars, But if you click on the bank number it will hide the labels as it is already likes..
Unread 10-25-2005, 10:39 AM
A Griffon

Yeah I know you can click em, just that when you move something, or ding or scribe an update, the titling reappears.

Yes yes I know, but its annoying

Well if you aint playing with the start button for a bit, how about just removing the 2 icons from the clock?