EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 12-20-2006, 04:39 PM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default GU30 Update

hey GM9 as of 4:00 when the servers came up and i was able to get in the only thing i've seen so far that have been messed with have been the hotkey bars... since they added a whole new window for hotkey settings and added slide bars for padding size and icon size along with some check boxes for show/hide spinner, show/hide icon outlineing, reverse spinner and so on and so forth... for some reason the vertical hight of the hotkey bar can not be shruk down... if u shrink the icons nething below 40point i believe there will be a deadspot below the hotkeys... i toyed with them for about 30min with no luck... not sure whats causing it.. maybe when u get on u will see what they did and know exactally how to correct the issue... thanks...

Hantu (Geniva Corrupted - lvl70 Assassin - Crimson Corsairs - Antonia Bayle Server)
Unread 12-20-2006, 04:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantu
hey GM9 as of 4:00 when the servers came up and i was able to get in the only thing i've seen so far that have been messed with have been the hotkey bars... since they added a whole new window for hotkey settings and added slide bars for padding size and icon size along with some check boxes for show/hide spinner, show/hide icon outlineing, reverse spinner and so on and so forth... for some reason the vertical hight of the hotkey bar can not be shruk down... if u shrink the icons nething below 40point i believe there will be a deadspot below the hotkeys... i toyed with them for about 30min with no luck... not sure whats causing it.. maybe when u get on u will see what they did and know exactally how to correct the issue... thanks...

Hantu (Geniva Corrupted - lvl70 Assassin - Crimson Corsairs - Antonia Bayle Server)

Here is how I made my hotkeys useable again, asuming you are using the default hotkey setup in profitui:

1) right click hotkey bar and unlock it
2) right click hotkey bar and select hotbar settings; move icon padding to 0; click "show spinner"
3) you should now be able to see the little move button when you hover over your hotbar (it may be out of place, but its there)
4) drag your hotbar up the screen so you can see all of it, then move your mouse to the right edge until you get the <-> cursor; click and drag to the right to fix the last-icon-dropping-to-new-line problem
5) repeat for the rest of your hotbars in that middle area
6) move your hotbars back down
7) for each bar, right click, lock window, right click, hotbar settings, uncheck show spinner

It seems like a lot of steps but it really only took me 5 minutes once I figured it out. hope this helps
Unread 12-20-2006, 05:11 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Valor

but there is still deadspace under the hotbars wich prevents clicking the buttons below if you have 2 (or more) hotbars down the other... i'm not able to reduce the height of the bars to remove this annoying space
Unread 12-20-2006, 05:27 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Md4
but there is still deadspace under the hotbars wich prevents clicking the buttons below if you have 2 (or more) hotbars down the other... i'm not able to reduce the height of the bars to remove this annoying space
I guess I'm not sure what you mean then, I have 4 full hotbars stacked on top of each other after this fix with no apparent problems, sorry
Unread 12-20-2006, 05:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default same problem

I have the same problems as the original poster. I can resize the icon but apperantly not the footprint size. I can move the bar, but the little drag box is below the actual hotbar. This is causing deadspace overlapping my hotbars making them hard to use.
Unread 12-20-2006, 06:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Highkeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundolfe
Here is how I made my hotkeys useable again, asuming you are using the default hotkey setup in profitui:

1) right click hotkey bar and unlock it
2) right click hotkey bar and select hotbar settings; move icon padding to 0; click "show spinner"
3) you should now be able to see the little move button when you hover over your hotbar (it may be out of place, but its there)
4) drag your hotbar up the screen so you can see all of it, then move your mouse to the right edge until you get the <-> cursor; click and drag to the right to fix the last-icon-dropping-to-new-line problem
5) repeat for the rest of your hotbars in that middle area
6) move your hotbars back down
7) for each bar, right click, lock window, right click, hotbar settings, uncheck show spinner

It seems like a lot of steps but it really only took me 5 minutes once I figured it out. hope this helps

Hey man appreciate the write up, allowed me to get mine and my wifes ui up before she got to frustrated.

Thank you
Unread 12-20-2006, 06:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

If you hit F10 you'll likely see the problem. There's a few pixels worth of "background", for lack of a better word, under each hotbar window. Whether your background slider under window options makes it visible or not, it still extends the hotkey window size and can interfere with clicking the buttons if your hotkey windows are stacked tight like many prefer. I'm sure gman will have a fix for this in due time.
Unread 12-20-2006, 06:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ive been playing with the black space you mentioned below the hotbars when you have them flat horrizontal.

I noticed you can play with icon size and the shape of the hotbars i made mine 6 X 6 horizontally set the icon size to 30 and for now at least i lost that null space had to rework my bars but its a quick fix.
Unread 12-20-2006, 07:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soutane
Ive been playing with the black space you mentioned below the hotbars when you have them flat horrizontal.

I noticed you can play with icon size and the shape of the hotbars i made mine 6 X 6 horizontally set the icon size to 30 and for now at least i lost that null space had to rework my bars but its a quick fix.
The dead field on bottom of the hotbar infact dont vanish before you resize your hot bars to 40. 40 is altso default hotbar size. If you like smaller hotbar buttons, its only the icons get smaller, but the total size of the hotbar is still 40 only unvisible to you hit F10.
This issue was in Default UI follow game and was one of my reason change to custom made UI. Its seems to me the LU30 have made this happends on custom ui as well.
Unread 12-20-2006, 07:49 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default ProfitUI Chat Glitch?

I figured out how to enable the chat input line on the maidhud_mainchat the last time I installed the UI, but I just had to fiddle with the UI to get it working again with the new update. Now, I can't remember how I got it working right last time. Can anyone help me to refresh my memory?
Unread 12-20-2006, 07:55 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket
The dead field on bottom of the hotbar infact dont vanish before you resize your hot bars to 40. 40 is altso default hotbar size. If you like smaller hotbar buttons, its only the icons get smaller, but the total size of the hotbar is still 40 only unvisible to you hit F10.
This issue was in Default UI follow game and was one of my reason change to custom made UI. Its seems to me the LU30 have made this happends on custom ui as well.
I noticed this on the individual hotbar mod that I'm using. I tried to fix it but have no clue where to look. Any insight from anyone would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Unread 12-20-2006, 10:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ive just noticed that the exp window doesnt calculate the exp.
Unread 12-21-2006, 01:55 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantu

I'm also having the SAME issue. I now have to space my hotbars really really far apart, so they take up half the screen, so the black does not overlap the other hotbars. I hope gman gets back soon and fixes this, as it's almost a game breaker, and really really annoying.
Unread 12-21-2006, 03:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Same problem here. I have my hotbars stacked and staggered vertically, with each hotbar running left to right rather than up and down or squared. I can not reduce the vertical height of the actual window to what appears to be anything less than the default window size, which renders the hotbar immediately below basically useless.

I really don't want to switch back to the default UI. so I hope we can get a fix to this fairly quickly.
Unread 12-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Befallen

There is no need to revert back to the garbage standard ui, just arrange your hotbars in 2 rows of 6 icons until this is fixed. Leet diagram below demonstrates (each set of smileys is a different bar):

Sure this lowers your ability to customize things to your liking, but it does get rid of overlapping hotbars and only being able to use like 1/4 of the icon on the "lower" hotbar. I spent like 10 minutes and moved a few bars/windows around and things are basically back to normal.

Last edited by Razael : 12-21-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Unread 12-21-2006, 06:00 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

LOL. I had just thought about doing that but came here before logging on. Thanks for the info. It's obviously not something that I would prefer to do simply because change always takes time to get used to but it's certainly better than having dead space. Thanks again.
Unread 12-22-2006, 07:47 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Alright, sorry for not being available to update prior to LU30. First update I've missed I think.

Anyway, too much work, too little time, the old story. Also with christmas coming up, my birthday, and hopefully short holiday abroad, I can unfortunately not give a promise of when you'll get a fixed release.

It will come when it's done.
Unread 12-23-2006, 02:37 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Lightbulb Hotkey fix

Just had a couple of minutes to log into the game while my g/f is doing some shopping, hehe. The hotkey issue is caused by a hardcoded MinimumSize setting of the hotbars to a vertical size of 40 if spinners are disabled and to 50 if spinners are enabled. That can hopefully easily be circumvented using an OnShow event, I'll try to push the fix out tomorrow.

Edit: Just tested it, the fix works fine for all I can see.

Anything else that needed emergency fixing (except the frostfell window)?

Last edited by gm9 : 12-23-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Unread 12-23-2006, 02:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
"Hotbar Settings" window also blacked out, it's emergency.
But I already posted some workaround(to download page). You can just merge it
Unread 12-23-2006, 02:55 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh sure, that one as well of course.
Unread 12-23-2006, 03:12 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Just had a couple of minutes to log into the game while my g/f is doing some shopping, hehe. The hotkey issue is caused by a hardcoded MinimumSize setting of the hotbars to a vertical size of 40 if spinners are disabled and to 50 if spinners are enabled. That can hopefully easily be circumvented using an OnShow event, I'll try to push the fix out tomorrow.

Edit: Just tested it, the fix works fine for all I can see.

First of all, Happy Birthday, when it comes of course.

Would your hotbar fix work for other modded hotbars? If so what would need to be done for me to fix the ones that I'm using? If it's just an OnShow command could you please post what it should say to override the hardcoded minimum defaults?
Unread 12-23-2006, 03:54 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFringe
First of all, Happy Birthday, when it comes of course.
Three days to go.

See here for the fix:

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...4271#post54271
Unread 12-25-2006, 10:21 AM
A Coastal Crab

Anyone having an issue with the buffs being cut off on the Target window? Mine shows only the tip top of the buff icon. I have unlocked it, set it to frame and titlebar, resized the window so I can see the buffs, but as soon as I change targets it seems like it resets itself.
Unread 12-25-2006, 11:29 AM
A Grove Wisp

Same issue here.
Think it has to do with the new auto resizing of the target window
Unread 12-25-2006, 09:33 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

The old version of the windows work fine, without cutting off the buffs, here are the files that you need to replace. Put the old files in a zip attached to this. The files that are replaced are eq2ui_mainhud_impliedtarget.xml and eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml
Attached Files
File Type: zip Old_Target.zip (5.6 KB, 991 views)