EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 07-17-2005, 03:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default A chat-channel Problem

First - sorry for my bad english, I hope, I am able to write so, that my question is understandable

I want to use 2 chat-windows, the first for system - and NPC - messages, the second with tabs for trade, group, ooc, fight...
My problem is, it is impossible to have the most channels in more then one tab, but I like to see tells and guild-messages in
all the tabs. Paradoxically - it works with the trade-channel, there was the problem sometimes this channel to remove permanently
from other tabs, because I want the trade-channel only in ONE tab
However - the trade-channel-prolblem is fixed.
But unfortunately, with the other channels I find no way to have one channel in different tabs, if I make the choice in the second tab,
the channel is immediately removed from the first...

It is not a UI-Problem, it's the same my friend's computer without any changes, maybe it's a local - German - Problem.

My question is, is there a way to set channels with a slash-command, or in the style like the graphik-presets from Kosmos.
If that is possible and I know the command, I can try to write the channels directly in the XML-Code into the chat-window, triggerd with
the tabs.

By the way, another Question: I read in a forum, it is possible to make a macro for all mastery-strike-spells, so that you need only one
Hotbar-Slot for all. You have to make a macro like /useability 'gnollmaster's strike :;/useability 'orkmaster's strike ...
I don't no if its true. But the names of the spells are different between the local-gameversions, but the macro only works with the orginal-names.
I hope, someone can post the names of the spells, first I need only Orc, Gnoll, Goblin and Treant for testing, or perhaps someone knows a link.

Thanks for reading my posting, I hope it's understandable... wrote my last letter in english into school.. long Years ago, im sorry
Unread 07-17-2005, 03:10 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Chat problem: That is the way the game works. Any one channel can only be displayed in one window or tab. The developers do not consider this to be a bug. In fact, it is a bug when a channel IS displayed in multiple windows. This may seem backwards, but they if there's disagreement on whether it's a bug or not, they won't change it.

All Mastery Macro: The English client uses the following format:
Orc Master's Strike
Gnoll Master's Strike
Treant Master's Strike
(Monster_name_here) Master's Strike

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 07-17-2005 at 03:13 AM.
Unread 07-17-2005, 04:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks for the prompt reply!

It's so designed, that was my apprehension. But I hoped, it gives eventualy a slash-command to set a chat-channel, than I would try to make a button of the tabs, that simply sets the tell-channel of the active chat if I switch. I have tested the "chat_signifier_tell" - command, but whatever it makes, it makes not that what I need.
So nothing else remains to be done as having the 3th Chat-Window as before.

And thanks for the spell-names!