EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 04-03-2010, 04:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default Journal issue.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...urnalLU34.html

Thats the journal ive been using for a long time now. Makes it easy to look up quests for myth, writs, and hq's mostly while in game, with no browser lag issues.

I loaded up Drums ui, the included journal files took away all the info I used on an almost daily basis. So I went and replaced the file back with what I had. Only the journal section though. I loaded up eq2 and got an error saying my active journal was not compatiable.

So, I was like, ok, Ill double check and replace the active journal file just in case i messed it up. Still no bueno on getting the quest helper window to open. Another minor issue is that when I try to click the check box when the journal is open, the overlay for the 2 or 3 buttons in the top right corner covers it up and makes the check box uncheckable. Its nothing that alt+J cant handle, but still.

Either way, I have no active journal window when I try to use the journal info with drums ui and I dislike the infocenter thingy cuz it replaces my bar with toon stats that I can easily locate without having to open up the persona window.

So please help me! Thanks! =)

Stupid edit button....

Anyways, I also did try this journal addon of yours too drum, but it gives the active journal window not compatitable error as well

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4954

Also, on any button link in the journal available to click for the info, it gives an error such as Parent.Parent.custon.Includes.Epics.warlock.text

Attached is my journal with the quest helper checkbox with an arrow to where the buttons i was talking about as well as one with the txt file issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ui1.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	7217  Click image for larger version

Name:	ui.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	7218  

Last edited by Zianlo1 : 04-03-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Unread 04-04-2010, 11:03 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

it appears that you have several issues going on - I'll try to help you weed through them.

1st issue, the journal mod you were using is VERY old and out of date, there have been more than one fundamental change to how the journal works since 2007 (GU34) - it appears that the modder of your old window is no longer modding, which leaves you with 2 choices, you can dig through the journal window code and make the required changes yourself, or go with a more current window.

2nd issue, the Active Journal window was also completely redone in the last update, any active journal made before then is in no way compatible with the new version.

so, any of the "special" buttons or functions on either quest window that are trying to do things to the other quest window will no longer work either.

my advice, is to completely delete your old quest windows - both of them, and start fresh so that you eliminate conflicts - if you aren't a coder, either pic a current custom journal you like or go with the default.

alternatively, you might be able to get someone to update your old one for you - but with it being so far out of date, its a very large project and I'm unsure anyone would take it on.
Unread 04-04-2010, 05:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah, the first one posted was really old, I upgraded to the 2nd one posted, but it still has issues. I am using the default atm, but Id rather have those 3 extra tabs in the journal window that has all the info so I dont have to use the in game browser or tab out every time I need an loc for a quest or something.

Edit:
Just make this work again =P Also uploaded the file for the lazy people.

http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/info4954.html
Attached Files
File Type: zip DrumsUI_horizontal_journal_withInfoCenter_2009-09-23b.zip (327.4 KB, 383 views)

Last edited by Zianlo1 : 04-04-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Unread 04-06-2010, 06:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

The same thing I replied with in a private message just now:

I do plan to update the journal with the InfoCenter tabs included, I've just been very busy.

Have tabs that you could actively edit the data is something i've planned since I managed to do in-game editable click buttons.

Again, it's just a time issue, and i hope to get the stuff updated soon.

Cheers

-Drum

(And maybe the InfoCenter itself, time will tell....)
Unread 05-01-2010, 02:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Im guessing with the new story feature and w/e else they are adding to the journal will delay this a bit more???
Unread 05-02-2010, 01:52 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I have all the updates done, and found time recently to do this. I just need finish some last tweaks on other windows I've been updating, and upload the updates accordingly.

And no, the Storylines tab is already updated in my journal mod and will be GU#56 ready.
Unread 05-04-2010, 08:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

youre awesome.