EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 10-21-2010, 02:35 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default GU58 Question

I have to say, I really appreciate the interface. Over the years, fetish has truely improved my game experience significantly. As a software developer, I can relate to what it must be like to maintain a project for years and years. I know you must be busy, and I look forward to an update. Currently I am using the submitted patches, but they dont have the same look and feel I have gotten used to over the years. Any chance we will have a gu58 compatible version release soon?
Unread 10-21-2010, 02:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

+1, Love Fetish
Unread 10-21-2010, 05:52 PM
A Brown Bear

Yes, I am anxiously awaiting an update as well. I love my Fetish UI very much!!!
Unread 10-23-2010, 09:22 PM
A Brown Bear

i"m just hoping Zonx is ok..... this is the longest I can remember an update taking? Maybe we should all dig in to our PayPal and send a thank you !
Unread 10-23-2010, 11:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanus View Post
I have to say, I really appreciate the interface. Over the years, fetish has truely improved my game experience significantly. As a software developer, I can relate to what it must be like to maintain a project for years and years. I know you must be busy, and I look forward to an update. Currently I am using the submitted patches, but they dont have the same look and feel I have gotten used to over the years. Any chance we will have a gu58 compatible version release soon?
Check this thread:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fallv11.6.html
Unread 11-01-2010, 06:15 PM
A Brown Bear

Do we know if Zonx is okay? I know it's not normally this long for an update.
Unread 11-02-2010, 12:21 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Blackburrow

I don't think he plays anymore
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:34 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Well, its been quite a while now, I hate the idea of switching to profit UI <shudder>, but since for one reason or another, zonx appears to have stopped development, I guess I have no choice.

Profit UI needs a minimalistic mode that cuts out all the wasted space. I hate how it feels like im experiencing the game through a tiny porthole. So many windows that cant be closed, so much dead space around windows (hotbars especially > < ).

The simplicity without loss of functionality is the best feature of fetish, and it will be sorely missed.

Zonx, thanks for all the years of awesome UI goodness.
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:50 PM
A Griffon
Featured

He still plays, but he's been very busy.
Unread 11-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

This wasn't a major GU in terms of the interface, anything that was broken is easily fixed by using the appropriate default windows for now (which is what I am doing).

If I can find some time this weekend I might look at reskinning the character window (the only annoying default window, IMHO). RL has been incredibly busy for me lately, so I can't make any promises on that.

Out of curiosity, which windows are you folks finding it worst to live with using the default?
Unread 11-11-2010, 02:07 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Regardless of whether or not development is really on hold, I am hoping to see a post from him on it so I know whether to start fiddling with other interface peices etc.

I sure hope something bad didnt happen =(
Unread 11-11-2010, 09:14 AM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Out of curiosity, which windows are you folks finding it worst to live with using the default?
Greetings, LordE! Fab offer! When and if you ever do get to it, I cannot abide by the default broker window and the default crafting windows! Though the character window could be far better, it's bearable for me personally.

This is something that I'm sure I can change now, by just using those files from the 11.6 version - but you know me; I'm completely inept and will need lots of hand-holding to get through the steps.

I truly hope Zonx is OK.
Unread 11-22-2010, 08:14 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Thanks all for the concern.

As Drum said I am fine, just extremely busy with RL work.

I hope to find time for an update in the next week or so and do have an new idea or 2 for the UI. Until then, I recommend either removing eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml from your Fetish directory (restores default window) or apply one of the patches others have been kind enough to upload.

To be completely honest, I'm not real happy with the direction EQ2's UI scene has taken in the last year and find myself less than enthusiastic about the maintenance. I will continue to update but am unlikely to deliver in the 24hr time-frame common over the past 6yrs.

In any event, I'm sure others will help out with patches in a timely manor
Unread 11-23-2010, 04:26 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
Thanks all for the concern.

As Drum said I am fine, just extremely busy with RL work.

I hope to find time for an update in the next week or so and do have an new idea or 2 for the UI. Until then, I recommend either removing eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml from your Fetish directory (restores default window) or apply one of the patches others have been kind enough to upload.

To be completely honest, I'm not real happy with the direction EQ2's UI scene has taken in the last year and find myself less than enthusiastic about the maintenance. I will continue to update but am unlikely to deliver in the 24hr time-frame common over the past 6yrs.

If there is anything I can do to help, pls let me know. Thanks for the updated news on your great UI.

Eshaac
Unread 11-23-2010, 06:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
I will continue to update but am unlikely to deliver in the 24hr time-frame common over the past 6yrs.

Don't worry, we all know the longer waiting time and temporary patches are totally worth it.
Unread 11-23-2010, 01:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Vox
Default GU58 plzzzzzzz

I Know i love fetish as well and im also hope there will be an 11.7 sometime soon the uncompatable version keeps crashing my game its frankly getting kinda annoying i understand zonx is buzy but is there any word on him is he ok i hope so
Unread 11-24-2010, 11:06 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanbal View Post
I Know i love fetish as well and im also hope there will be an 11.7 sometime soon the uncompatable version keeps crashing my game its frankly getting kinda annoying i understand zonx is buzy but is there any word on him is he ok i hope so
Please read up, he just posted his status a couple of threads up.
Monaxka 90 Monk / 44 Alchemist
Troubninka 22 Troubador / 40 Jeweler
Kasatka 22 Berserker
Freeport Server
EQ1 & EQ2 vet since 2002
Unread 11-24-2010, 11:12 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush View Post
i"m just hoping Zonx is ok..... this is the longest I can remember an update taking? Maybe we should all dig in to our PayPal and send a thank you !
So, I took the advice and donated 5$, and i think it might help if a majority do that, it adds up, and it is his time and he is busy, so I think its the least we can do. I am strapped for cash supporting 6 ppl on a fixed in come, but I love my Fetish ui, what about you all?
Monaxka 90 Monk / 44 Alchemist
Troubninka 22 Troubador / 40 Jeweler
Kasatka 22 Berserker
Freeport Server
EQ1 & EQ2 vet since 2002
Unread 11-24-2010, 11:28 AM
A Griffon

Server: Guk

What is it that everyone is waiting for? Myself and others have posted updates that continue to bring the current posted version to working order with GU's but still I see people begging for an update from Zonx.

If you want something specific done to bring the FetishNightFall current, what is it that you don't already get from the patches?

I understand that my FetishDarkRoyale patches for some windows like Persona are not exactly the same as Zonx original, but they work. I am just wondering where the huge disconnect is from what you have available in patches and what you need to get back gaming like you want to?

Best Regards,

KeezyRick
Unread 11-26-2010, 01:29 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nektulos
Default patches work well

Keezyrick just wanted to say that your patch works very well and I appreciate the time you put into it. I love my Fetish and would not want to go to any other UI. I have donated to Zonx in the past and understand he is busy and appreciate you taking the time to fix the UI. Anyone who hasn't patched Fetish yet, go to the downloads page and get the patch. It fixes all the problems.

Oh and Keezyrick...I will see you on the Nek/Guk merge in a few weeks....
Unread 11-26-2010, 01:45 PM
A Griffon

Server: Guk

Quote:
Oh and Keezyrick...I will see you on the Nek/Guk merge in a few weeks....
Cool. Feel free to send me a tell. I get tells all the time from folks using Fetish on GUK that also have some form of a patch or add-on from me. They are quick to let me know when things don't ...um....work as expected.

Chewwey-SK
Idracab-Assassin
Mezzes-Coercer

...lots of others but those are the primaries.
Unread 11-27-2010, 10:20 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nektulos

Cool cool....I don't have the time to go through the code to mess with it..so I appreciate what you guys do....

Samiur - 90 Lock
Marius-90 Pally

I'll keep an eye out for ya.