Closed Thread
Unread 08-02-2007, 02:26 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx
Red face FetishNightfall 9 Bugs

Please do not post install problems or feature requests in this thread. They will most likely be deleted without reply.

If you notice a bug and wish to report it, please do the following...

1) Verify you are in fact running the latest version by opening eq2ui_skininfo.xml in Notepad and checking the version number against the number listed on the download page. If you're up-to-date, continue to step 2.

2) Look for an existing report of the same bug. If one exists with no other verification, feel free to post verifing the bug. If more than 2 ppl have reported the same bug, please don't post it again.

Following these simple steps will help me provide a better product to you faster
Unread 08-06-2007, 01:54 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Dressing Room Bug

Hey Zonx. First of all, Excellent UI. Ive been using it for a Loooooooong time and literally wouldnt play without it. thank you for all your hard work and the time youve put into making the game better for the rest of us.

one small bug with 9.0 I and my ladyfriend both caught was that the reset and clear buttons on the dressing room window doesnt work. Nothing that impairs functionality in a major way but wanted to bring it to your attention.

Thanks Again for the best UI out there Man.
Unread 08-07-2007, 05:43 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw
Default Collection window

Hi

My collection window is gone or acualy the collection tab is gone. it worked fine in 8.8 and when i installed 9.0 it was gone.

When i examin a collectable item journal window opens as it should but no collection window.

Is there a .xml that i can use to get the collection tab back ?

Thanks for a good UI

Last edited by Whogga : 08-07-2007 at 05:45 AM.
Unread 08-07-2007, 10:51 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Lucan DLere

two bugs I have found so far. When I have my browser open BUT minimized all my keys cease to function unless I deliberately mouse my cursor into a field where I can type. Then I just press. say "M" for example and all works again till I minimized the browser again. Second bug I have found is when I go to choose a crafting vocation the profession screen pops up I select say Tailor and a new window pops but with Dev type debug info. But I just did a /loadui and went back to default to get my vocation set.

Great UI still and glad you have kept up the fantastic job Kudos!!!

Moon
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:39 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos
Default Whogga : Collection Quest Window

Well - I do not have a fix, but I might have a workaround.

When I saw your post, I promptly went into EQII and took a real look (would you believe, I had not had a reason to pay attention to that tab recently?).

I had the same thing as you: Three tabs appearing, Active, Group, Completed, but no Collection.

Now: I loaded eq2ui_journals_quest.xml into the EQII Builder XML program to see if I could spot something. In that program, all four tabs appear!

So far, I do not know what is causing this to happen, however, by accident, I got my Collection tab back. What I did was re-arrange the order in which the tabs appear. Now I have Active, Completed, Collection. I don't yet know about Group - I would think it should not appear until you are actually in a group and I have been running solo/crafting so far.

OK:

(1) Open equ2ui_journals_quest.xml in a suitable editor (like Notepad) - something that will preserve the CTRL chars at the end of each line.
(2) Look at lines 28-33. That is a small internal XML structure that defines what tabs exist.
(3) In the official Fetish file, there are four lines of code, one for each tab, which appear in the file in the order: Active, Collection, Completed, Group.
These are lines 29, 30, 31, 32.
(4) Interchange lines 30 and 31, so the order is: Active, Completed, Collection, Group

Save the file and see if that helps.

I don't know why it should, but (for me) it gave me my Collection tab back.

PARANOID NOTE: If that did not work, then (using your modified file with the new order of the tabs), edit the Collection tab line (which should be line 31):
(a) Delete the phrase: localtext="Collection"
(b) Change 'Target' to 'target'
(c) Change 'Text' to 'text'
Ie., make that line look identical to the other three, so there is just Name=, target=, and text= phrases.

Again, I don't know why that should make a difference. I thought 'text' and 'Text' were the same. But: I have my Collection tab, and you do not, so here is something to try.
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:51 AM
A Nerius Seer

Default MoonDeville: Browser and DEVL text

Browser:
The issue with the browser 'stealing' the input focus is, I believe, not new to Fetishnightfall 9.0. It has been there for some time.

My 'solution' is to click on an empty hotbar slot, to get the focus away from the browser.

DEVL:
That sounds like a missing or old file.

Check out posts 205-207 in the 'Fetishnightfall 8.0 Bugs' thread.
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:58 PM
A Brown Bear

Unhappy Zone Reuse window

When I go to Persona/Details, then try to see my zone reuse timers I get the "MainHUD ZoneReuse window is not compatible with the current client..." message. Have not seen other reports of this, so it may well be something in MY UI folder. I'll extract the version 9.0 zip into a seperate folder and do a comparison of files to see if I notice a problem there and will edit this post if I find the problem/solution.

EDIT: Well, I did not find the problem, but I did fix the issue. Used the tried and true method of completely deleting everything to do with a custom UI and installing absolutely fresh. Everything appears to be working now.

Last edited by Apostrophe : 08-08-2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Update of information
Unread 08-16-2007, 02:44 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Zone Reuse and Mail

I also noticed that the zone reuse timer window does not work, as well as the in game mail window any suggestions? Should I delete the ui folder completely and install fetish nightfall 9.0 again?
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:22 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Mailbox won't come up

Hi there,

Love this UI and this is the first ever bug I've had to report with it but I think with the patch today they broke something in V. 9.0. I can not open my mailbox. I get a message that says my current UI is not campatible... blah... blah... and it worked before the patch with 9.0 installed. Thanks in advance for any solution that doesn't involve loading the default UI!

OSOT
Unread 08-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

The mail bug is an annoyance. I saw that ProfitRebornUI has it fixed, so I expect Zonx will tackle this sometime soon. It was a stealth job adding a "Spam" tab to your mailbox, I believe.
Unread 08-16-2007, 10:19 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default Mail Window Bug

Until Zonx releases a patch, simply:
Delete eq2ui_mainhud_mail.xml

That will cause the client to pick up the default file, give you the default mail window, and allow you to keep processing your email.

Re-installing Fetish will not fix the problem - SOE slipped in a new eq2ui_mainhud_mail.xml file on 8/16 (or so). They added a new tab, where SPAM email will be sent. And they added a 'version=2.0' field to one of the existing <Page> lines, so the client could detect when you were usiing an old xml file and give you the pop-up.
Unread 08-17-2007, 01:41 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

A patch has been added to the FetishNightfall Addon-Ons that corrects the mail issue. Its pending admin approval and should be available from the main download page soon.
Unread 08-18-2007, 06:21 AM
A Brown Bear

I am not sure if this is part of Fetish or not, but in the character creation screen, the icons of the races are off. You have to click around some of the icons in order to select the race you want. Also, the pic for the arasai has half a barbarian, and half a dark elf in it.
Unread 08-19-2007, 06:38 AM
A Berserk Golem

Default Dressing room

The <reset> and <clear> buttons in the dressing room doesnt seem to work at all

Dune
Unread 08-19-2007, 06:41 AM
A Berserk Golem

Default Fonts and window sizes.

Some windows seem to cut the bottom part of the fonts off, as if the font is a slight bit taller than the space on the window, happens more frequently on <examine> windows than anything else.

Some buttons get cut in half, most noticeable if you examine a scrying stone, and the 3 buttons in the bottom right hand corner are cut.

Dune
Unread 08-21-2007, 05:32 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

the patch worked fine for my mailbox problem but im also haveing a problem with my browser window only showing as a black box with nothing in it....cant open it by clicking on a quest i have to hit the search button in the top rt corner of the quest window to bring it up.

also...the only real addon i us is goldi,s start button.

Last edited by druadon : 08-21-2007 at 05:42 AM.
Unread 08-23-2007, 11:01 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default /lfg

Love the UI Zonk. I am have trouble with my /lfg window. When I type /lfg I get a black window with some icon's on it, can't see frame to close the window or get my name up to Lfg window. I am sure it's on my end, but if you could point me in the right direction I would for ever be in your debt.
Thank You for all your hard work!!

Mort
Unread 08-24-2007, 01:17 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Make sure that you have the following line in the EQ2/UI/Fetish eq2ui_mainhud.xml file:

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_lfg.xml</include>
Unread 08-24-2007, 07:26 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Tradeskill selection

Very nice UI! Simple and clean, and very handy for those of us with smaller resolution displays. Thank you!

One bug I found in leveling my crafter to 20 was that when you go to select your crafting subclass, it brings up a window with three debugging selections in it, instead of highlighting the one you clicked on. Easily worked around by switching to the standard UI long enough to pick your class.

A forum search found a similar bug for the level 10 class selection, but I believe I was level 12 when I installed this, so it may or may not be the same bug.
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:50 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default lvl 10 and 20 tradeskill subclass selection window

its the eq2ui_popup_select.xml that causes problems when you try to pick a subclass profession at tradeskill levels 10 and 20.. so if you remove or rename that file it will load the default eq2 window and you can choose professions with no problem. i havent looked to see what else it effects if anything tho
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:49 PM
A Coastal Crab

Today I experienced a problem with the chat window. When I would hit enter to get the cursor to appear in the little box, it would be all squished up into the text that was already in the box, so it looked like I was typing the new line over the old one. When I clicked in the line to type, then I could actually see what I was typing clearly. It was as if that entry box for text appeared when I did that and not when I just hit -enter-.

Also, I lagged out fairly hardcore after this problem happened and finally ended up just loading up the standard UI. I"m not sure if they did a tiny patch that broke things or what. I was loving using your UI though. So clean compared to the normal UI.
Unread 08-30-2007, 07:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

i cant play lon as the bottom half has my hotbars ect ontop of a black background , so i cant plan legends of norrath, please fix soon and great ui other than that annoyoing bug
Unread 08-30-2007, 01:40 PM
A Coastal Crab

my eq2 button is gone. I tried hitting alt ~ (tilde) as i was told that would bring it back, but it is not working. Is there something different I need to do using this UI?
Unread 08-30-2007, 02:01 PM
A Nerius Seer

tympyst :
(1) In one of the Options windows, you can set the hot-keys used to toggle most of the UI windows. Go there and see what your Start Button is set to.
(2) You can use /show_window MainHud.StartButton to make it appear.
(3) You can use /show_window Inventory.Locator to bring up a window to show the location of many usefull UI windows. The Start Button might be on the selectable list.

miliskel :
I am not in the LoN Beta, but I can bring up the window and go through the tutorial. Check your eq2ui_mainhud.xml file, and see if you have include lines for the files eq2ui_mainhud_tcg.xml and eq2ui_mainhud_tcgdialog.xml. Black (or sometimes white) backgrounds usually mean missing xml or dds files.

Ayalin :
R-click on your chat window and bring up its options window. This 'feature' can be turned on/off via selecting one of the 'No Frames/Frames/Frame and Border' (I dont remember the exact wording). If this does NOT work, then you need to replace your eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml file with one of the others supplied in the Fetish zip file. I use the one called _simple_eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml. Just rename the _simple_eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml file to eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml. I think what you are seeing is called 'input stealthing'. And it IS a feature.
Unread 08-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I've uploaded a patch for LoN for Fetish Nightfall. I'll post a link as soon as it's approved, but it'll show up under the "Patches and Add-Ons" section when looking at FN 9.0

EDIT: Link: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...rathPatch.html

Last edited by lordebon : 08-31-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Closed Thread