Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-23-2005, 12:45 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost
Default Milquetowst Help Window

This mod's obsolete. Sorry.

-- Darryl

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 01-04-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Unread 06-02-2005, 11:15 PM
A Griffon

I edited the description and images here last night when I uploaded the new version of the help window, but I didn't actually add any new comments. I'm doing so belatedly now, so that the thread shows up as having been updated.

The primary change in the new version is that I've made extensive use of subtabs and tooltips to better organize information and make browsing easier. I've also restored the list of writ givers.

-- Darryl

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 06-02-2005 at 11:35 PM.
Unread 06-19-2005, 04:34 AM
A Griffon

UPDATE: Added heritage and "Lore & Legend" quest info lists, added the "HTML" button to access the in-game Web browser, and changed info pages to be black text on light background rather than white on black.

-- Darryl
Unread 06-19-2005, 05:19 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Hey Darryl, I was just talking to my guild about having an extensive Heritage notes page. I noticed you already started one, so instead of making my own laborous mod, I'm going to modify your's in the help window

The idea is to select one of the quests and it gives you a step by step process. Mostly copy and past from ogaming...

Anyway, Right now I'm doing it in forms of buttons, (although tabs might have been easier) with plans of replacing the buttons with the dropdown.
Unread 06-19-2005, 08:08 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
The idea is to select one of the quests and it gives you a step by step process. Mostly copy and past from ogaming....
I haven't played with this idea at all yet, but is there any way to open up the in-game HTML window to a specific URL? If so, having each quest name serve as a button to open up the Web browser to OGaming's description of that quest would be an easy way to accomplish your aim....

-- Darryl
Unread 06-19-2005, 08:11 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

The html window once set to a page it will not update again ... or move to another page url

Dc,

Dont bother with a dropdown, you still need a damn button to goto the page, or you could do what kos did and overlay buttons onto the dropdown, or somthing to that effect... I never got that to work right likes

So I think stick with the buttons bud
Unread 06-19-2005, 09:04 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
The html window once set to a page it will not update again ... or move to another page url.
Actually, the reason I added the "HTML" button to my help window is the fact that the devs seem to be improving the functionality of the in-game Web browser. It's now possible to type in a new URL and move to a new page, or to follow links from page to page.

I don't know, though, if it's possible to set a button to open up the browser to a specific URL other than the preset "home" page....

-- Darryl
Unread 06-19-2005, 09:25 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf
I haven't played with this idea at all yet, but is there any way to open up the in-game HTML window to a specific URL? If so, having each quest name serve as a button to open up the Web browser to OGaming's description of that quest would be an easy way to accomplish your aim....

-- Darryl
Yes its possible. All I would have to do is add to the bookmarks dropdown etc. Problem with the HTML window is that it doesnt load all that great alltha time.
Unread 07-10-2005, 02:37 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
Hey Darryl, I was just talking to my guild about having an extensive Heritage notes page....
As I'm sure you're already aware, Jaxel recently added full heritage quest walk-thrus to his quest journal mod, and as of today, thanks to him, I've added them to mine as well.

Quote:
Anyway, Right now I'm doing it in forms of buttons, (although tabs might have been easier) with plans of replacing the buttons with the dropdown.
I really should look into using dropdown boxes instead of subtabs....

-- Darryl
Unread 07-13-2005, 12:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

How do you put the text files in to see them in game?
Unread 07-13-2005, 12:57 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scan
How do you put the text files in to see them in game?
Just put everything in the download into your UI folder. The XML page automatically includes the text files.

-- Darryl
Unread 07-13-2005, 10:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you very much, I am pretty new to this stuff. Great mods you have too. Keep up the good work!
Unread 07-25-2005, 12:31 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Default The heritage quests don't load

Hi there! Great work, and a very handy mod. The mod is working fine, except for one part. The heritage quests do not seem to load.

I unziped everything into my UI\custom directory using their folder names. The heritage quests are there, but they do not seem to load.

They are located here: UI\Custom\milquetowst_info\heritage

The eq2ui_mainhud_help.xml file is located here: \UI\Custom

Any reason they do not load?

Trip
Unread 07-25-2005, 02:55 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
The heritage quests do not seem to load.
I've included (in order to keep things simpler for myself) all the data files with each of my mods, but not every mod displays every data file.

My guild and quest windows are both designed to display both the heritage quest index and all the individual quest walk-thrus. The help window, however, only makes the index list available.

In my set, at least, the help window is intended to provide *basic* information; more detailed stuff is put into windows more directly relevant to the subject matter.

-- Darryl
Unread 07-25-2005, 04:29 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Ok thanks DBurgdorf, I will check those out.

Trip
Unread 07-26-2005, 03:45 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default frustrated as hell!

i cant get this to work.. i put it in sony/eq2/ui/default, i opened the zip, selected the contents (milquetowst etc...) and the little eqmain_hug thingy, right click, copy, paste into the sony/eq2/ui/default folder...

i log in, i click help button from start menu, and it gives me the old one still... waht am i doing wrong?

is there something i need to type to trigger it?

am i not supposed to put it in default?

did i put it in the wrong place?

its 4:50am and im way frustrated tryin to figure this out.
Unread 07-26-2005, 07:08 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

you need to put it in a new folder - not the default - anything in the default folder will be overwritten/replaced automatically with the default files.

look for a "Readme" file in your zip or find one of the "how to install" posts that are on the site and follow the instructions there.
Unread 09-12-2005, 10:04 AM
A Griffon

With LU13 and DoF going live tomorrow, I figured it was time for some updates.

I've added a few things to the Milquetowst Help Window, in addition to correcting a few minor errors in the information it already provided. The major additions are a list of key alchemical WORTS, a "hunting guide" showing which zones are appropriate for characters of various levels, info (albeit a bit sketchy at the moment) regarding T6 harvestables and writs, and additional notes pages.

The "hunting guide" in particular is still very much a work in progress. I have not personally visited many of the listed zones, and so am relying on (sometimes contradictory or incomplete) information from second-hand sources. If you spot zones in the list that don't really belong there, or about which I've provided inaccurate data, or if you know of zones that should be on the list, but aren't, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 09-14-2005, 12:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Toxxulia
Default LU13 Bug

Hey Milquetowst,

Let me start by saying that I love your work and use practically all your mods. Unfortunately ran into a bug with LU13 crashing on startup. I dwindle the bug down to your latest updated help.xml with the 12 notes. Found the last version of the file and it works fine. Anyone else encountering this problem. Wanted to give you a heads up. Keep up the good work.

- Sionae Hwi of Toxx
Unread 09-14-2005, 01:22 PM
A Griffon

Sionae:

I'm afraid I'm not quite following your post. It sounds like you're saying that the latest version of the mod fixed whatever problem you had, in which case, obviously, things are fine. If things *aren't* fine, please be more specific. I've had no trouble with the help window or with game crashes at all, myself.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-14-2005, 05:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Toxxulia

Darryl,

Okay, I had a nice description here of the problem, but 2 seconds later I found out the problem. Basically with the 12-note help file, once my char entered the world, i'd get a system error and crash the game. I've seen this before when I dont put in an include tag when i should have.

Anyways, maybe you said this and I wasnt paying attentions to directions, but this is what caused it. You changed the numbering system on the notes. What I did was say, "Hey look 8 extra notes, i'll just cut and paste them into my old notes directory, cause I dont want to lose my old notes". So the numbering went like note1... note4, note05...note12. Obviously the game was crashing cause it couldnt find note01...note04. Sorry if you had mentioned that on the main page, sometimes I think I dont have to read. =(

Keep up the good work. Cheers.

Last edited by Sionae Hwi : 09-14-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Unread 10-06-2005, 07:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

About the note tabs.
you said you didnt add any editor program.
Well i and many of my guild mates are strongly seeking an ingame tab where we can edit notes ect.

Could it be possible to use the edit note from the persona window and use that same type of control as an option for the help file notes.

I understand it wouldnt be limited to just that charactor and would show through all charactors on that computer.
But since there are multiple note tabs it would still work quite well.

Just a simple request. Thank you for your time.
Unread 10-06-2005, 08:02 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Well i and many of my guild mates are strongly seeking an ingame tab where we can edit notes ect.
To the best of my knowledge, that is simply not possible.

-- Darryl
Unread 10-09-2005, 04:34 AM
A Coastal Crab

Ello i use your Help Window and like it a lot but since LU14 i cant make any petitions with it anymore cause it cant find anything in the knowledge base.Anyone know why ?
Unread 10-09-2005, 12:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question milquetowst_notes

First let's get this out of the way, AWESOME JOB love your stuff.

ok, on with my prob. I Use the ThorUI auto updater, when I first ran it it said that the note01.txt and all the other note text files I had edited were replaced with the original default ones, saying that they were out of date. No biggie on the info lost, i can find it again, but I don't want to take the time to re-edit them if it's going to replace them with the default files again.

Further tests have proven that if I edit any of the files in milquetowst_info or milquetowst_notes and then run the ThorUI Update program, it finds the date has changed and redownloads and installs the default one.

Any help on this?