EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-28-2006, 08:29 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Using on Test Server.

I have it working on normal server but having probs using it on test.
Have tried re-installing straight to test but when i try to change eq2.ini to testeq2.ini it just creates a folder.
I`ve done a search and there`s something about testserver/testserver/ui but i`ve tried and still doesn`t work.
I`ve tried changing the paths in the interface but will not recognise testeq2.exe.
Can someone pls advise what to do because this is a great utility that i miss on test.
Thanks

Update:
Sorted...used the wrong path eq2.exe instead of EverQuest2.exe

Last edited by Rustik : 01-28-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Unread 01-28-2006, 02:01 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

You don't want to set the directory straight to test AND use the Test Server option. Just one or the other.
Unread 01-28-2006, 02:21 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Butcherblock
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustik
I have it working on normal server but having probs using it on test.
Have tried re-installing straight to test but when i try to change eq2.ini to testeq2.ini it just creates a folder.
I`ve done a search and there`s something about testserver/testserver/ui but i`ve tried and still doesn`t work.
I`ve tried changing the paths in the interface but will not recognise testeq2.exe.
Can someone pls advise what to do because this is a great utility that i miss on test.
Thanks

Update:
Sorted...used the wrong path eq2.exe instead of EverQuest2.exe

all the X:\ you see in this short { AHEM } explanation should refer to whatever drive you have Everquest 2 installed.

All you have to do is copy the Eq2.ini file to your testserver folder.
Which is another thing i noticed you had typed, you shouldn't have a testserver/testserver/UI directory. The correct path for the files from EQ2 folder in order for the Test Server to work is X:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest 2\Testserver ...... then inside the testserver folder goes you UI folder so it should look something like this :
X:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest 2\Testserver\UI\Fetish or whatever named UI you are using. Then open your EQ2 Map Updater and click options....from there click the Browse beside Everquest 2 directory and the path shuold be X:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\TestServer !!!

This is where you should find the Everquest2.exe that EQ2 Map Updater needs to update. If it isnt there you should run the TestEq2.exe and update whatever needs updating. Then go back to Options and Browse in EQ2 Map Updater and Everquest2.exe should be there now inside the Testserver folder.

The click to open .exe should be pointed toward X:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest 2\Testserver\TestEQ2.exe

Hope this helps!!!!!