EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-18-2006, 04:25 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Toon to Toon

Ok, I know you guys know what you are doing, so I was wondering if you had an answer for this....or directions. I like where everything is on my main toon. I have 6 toons. is there way to have that exact setup transfer to all of my characters? i know you can make macros, and bind buttons, but can you do an ini file or config file that transfers the config to all characters....locations of hotbars, chat windows.....etc? or is it as simple as copying a cache file from one toon to another?

in searching i did stumble across the answer. for those wanting to know it can be found @ http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5273

Last edited by rahb : 01-18-2006 at 04:44 AM.
Unread 01-18-2006, 05:10 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

UI settings are stored in server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini

e.g. mistmoore_playername_eq2_uisettings.ini

Copy one file over the top of another, and voila, instant copy.

Just one note: /leave each chat channel you're in before doing this, or you can break characters with varying permissions.

For example, if you're in Qeynos_Traders, then copy that setting file to a Freeport character, you'll lock that chat number unusable forever, since that character can't join a qeynos chan.
Unread 01-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

You can do it Magus' way or you can just open up eq2_recent.ini file and search for cl_uisettings_file and replace what ever it is set to with your main's uisetting.ini file. Delete all the other toons uisetting.ini file and when you load up an alt it will use your mains uisetting.ini file. Any new toons you create will also use you mains uisettings file.