EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > UI User Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-25-2015, 12:52 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Ongoing status of ProfitUI?

There has been almost no activity in the ProfitUI area for some time now, and we now have the first reports of updates that will be needed for Terrors of Thalumbra. I have been using Profit since I first discovered it during the Sentinel's Fate beta. I'm worried now that ProfitUI isn't going to be maintained and that I'll have to switch over to some other custom UI.

Does anyone know what the maintenance status of ProfitUI is? I want to keep using it, but I'm not qualified to maintain it. As I have said more than once in the forums, I'm a test guy, not a coder.

And if ProfitUI does break and not get fixed, what UI would give me the most similar look and feel? I play on two systems. One has 1680 x 1050 resolution, the other has 1600 x 900. The higher resolution is just big enough to comfortably display what I want to see. The smaller screen required a fair amount of rearranging to get things to fit. I was moderately astonished at the difference 150 vertical pixels made. Any replacement for ProfitUI would have to have to work properly in that space.

The specific feature that sold me on ProfitUI was the tradeskill window. I do a lot of crafting, usually as rush orders to grind status. The way Profit's crafting window captures the ENTER key lets me zoom along with my hand hovering over the numeric keypad, using three fingers to press the number keys and my little finger to tap the ENTER key as needed to cycle to the next combine. Any replacement for Profit must work the same way.

So there it is. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

-= Therendil =-