EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-24-2011, 11:24 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default /command for changing channel chat color ?

I came across the /load_colors and /save_colors commands but I have to restart the game for it to work.

Like in eq1, is there a /command to change the chat color of text, without restarting game, for an individual custom channel without effecting the echo color?

Why do i want this? Well, the chat in the level chat channels is aggravating, but I do find it useful when player's are selling loot. Right now, I have the chat channel text color black while keeping the echo color yellow. This allows me to know when someone pastes an item link without having to read all the other nonesense text. So, if I am interested in the linked item, then I would like to be able to quickly change the chat color with a macro to see if "said linked item" is being sold or if someone was just sharing the item link.

I've searched around for the answer with no successful. Anyone know if this is possible?
Unread 01-24-2011, 11:33 AM
A Griffon

If you have the channnels aviable, you could use two channels, and setup the colors beforehand, and then use the /setchannelnumber <oldchannel #> <newchannel #> to swap the channel to the visible colors, and then use the command to set it back when you are done.
Unread 01-24-2011, 02:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Hmm, most things in the chat window update when changed, but I'm not sure if color is one of them (at least not right away).

Try switching to a different chat tab, and then switch back, after changing the color to see if it updates. Otherwise, you would have to try the above suggestion, of changing the chat's channel number to a new one and then switching it back to possibly update it.