EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-13-2008, 09:52 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default TRying to set up a Ui for my kid and keep my ui

Ok;
Im trying out prophit for the utility and my daughter doesnt liek the look she wants the old ui i had for her.

Now i know i can /loadui to switch between default and prophit but how do i make whinykid wich is just a folder in my ui file with the ui parts she likes show up while in game. I'd like a 1 button macro to load her ui that she likes but i cant seem to find whinykid on /load_uisettings or /loadui. settings just seems to move my windows around and loadui seem to bring up big total ui changes. whinykid ui is just 5 or 6 ui mods so i gues id have to go to default then to whinykid which is fine.

I just am looking for how to 1 button push a total ui swap in game.
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:23 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I don't think there's really any real way to totally switch UIs (mods/skins, window layout, etc.) while in game, but this may be the closest you will be able to get.

If this don't work for you, I think the next best thing to do would be to have multiple eq2.ini files (which point to different custom UI directories) and swap them back and forth.

/shrug

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 04-13-2008, 10:30 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowProwler420 View Post
I don't think there's really any real way to totally switch UIs (mods/skins, window layout, etc.) while in game, but this may be the closest you will be able to get.

If this don't work for you, I think the next best thing to do would be to have multiple eq2.ini files (which point to different custom UI directories) and swap them back and forth.

/shrug
Or we could PM Rothgar and ask whether he could fix /loadui and allow different interfaces for different characters. It would probably change eq2ini.
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:33 AM
A Sea Turtle

but when i loadui i can go back to the default from prophit and i allso used thor ahile ago and it woudl let me switch to that. So there has to be away to set up a default ui with mod skin so i can /load ui default/mod ui lol.
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:35 AM
A Sea Turtle

hell now load ui lets me pull up thor default prophit and fetish(which i dotn have installed ever)
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:36 AM
A Sea Turtle

on nm i loaded a complete set from someone else who used fetsih as a base i think
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:38 AM
A Sea Turtle

but it does let me switch from one ui to teh other just some of the odler ui's dotn work casue they havent been updated, but ill try messing with the new complete set i just DL's and see if i can make that what she wants
Unread 04-13-2008, 12:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You need a eq2ui_skininfo.xml in your CustomUI folder to have it recognized by /loadui.
Unread 04-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

lol funny I have the same issue with my littlest one. She likes default and doesn't want all the ge-wiz stuff ATM. Basically you are stuck with doing the following:
  • /load_ui <ui_name> or pick form the list.
  • /load_uisettings <setting_name> or pick from the list.

There are many issues with doing this; the chief ones for me is group member names never get repopulated. There are several more.

Like gm9 said, there needs to be a eq2ui_skininfo.xml in the custom folder for it to show up on the list. There doesn't have to be one if you do /loadui <ui_name> though.
Unread 04-13-2008, 01:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

INI-driven settings anyone? Has been brought up many times! Fight for customization!
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:35 AM
A Sea Turtle

Ok this is what i did to get to the ui she wanted. I copy paster prophit ui folder into my ui folder. then changed everything she didnt like, which was dam near everything.

And when i /loadui it brings up 2 phrophit files she load sthe first one then /camp %T herself and bam ui she wants in 2 steps without swappign files around, skin is still grey casue i like grey but cant fix that i dont think.

This is allmost what i wanted to happen but i cant /loadui name macro she has to pick it from the window that pops up but she's smart she has doen it for 3 days now and i cant change her copy of the prohphit ui file to soemthing else casue it wotn change the name on the /loadui screen,

And best bet is i dont have to change mine when i log in casue well i log in more and my settings are the ini file that loads when the game starts. im so mean i wont play with a pink skin for my kid basterd i am.
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:21 AM
A Griffon

I know it won't help if you're camping from one character to another, but if you're willing to start the game over, you could setup 2 eq2.ini files and 2 .bat files to start them.

Each .ini pointing to their respective ui directories:

best.eq2.ini
Code:
cl_ui_skinname profit
cl_ui_subdir UI/
brat.eq2.ini:
Code:
cl_ui_skinname brat
cl_ui_subdir UI/
Each .bat deletes the current eq2.ini, copies the one your about to start, and then starts the game. Create shortcuts to the two .bat files. It'll pop a dos box up, but that will go away once the game starts.

best.bat:
Code:
del eq2.ini
copy best.eq2.ini eq2.ini
eq2.exe
brat.bat:
Code:
del eq2.ini
copy brat.eq2.ini eq2.ini
eq2.exe
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:09 AM
A Sea Turtle

pooka that works great ty, gona try to change the icon for the kid so she sees that its eq2 and hide my bat file somehwere else.
Unread 04-15-2008, 12:08 PM
A Sea Turtle

Ok pooka i got the files set up i even shortcuted them to give them eq2 icons but they dont launch the game i have my eq2 installed on another hardrive so do i change eq2.exe to E:\Sony\EverQuest II\EQ2.exe? well i tryed that and the game didnt launch so any helap would be great..

Last edited by Cowsfly : 04-15-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Unread 04-15-2008, 12:57 PM
A Griffon

The .bat and .ini files should go in whatever directory eq2.ini and eq2.exe are in. Then point your shortcuts to the .bat files (ie at ' e:\sony\everquest ii\brat.bat '). If the batch files themselves were on your desktop, you'd have to rewrite the commands to reflect that. It might get messy. Best to just drop it all into your everquest ii directory.
Unread 04-15-2008, 01:03 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooka View Post
The .bat and .ini files should go in whatever directory eq2.ini and eq2.exe are in. Then point your shortcuts to the .bat files (ie at ' e:\sony\everquest ii\brat.bat '). If the batch files themselves were on your desktop, you'd have to rewrite the commands to reflect that. It might get messy. Best to just drop it all into your everquest ii directory.
You sure are the bomb she has her pink ui thank you so much for your help..