EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 05-20-2010, 05:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default Eq2 map icon (compass) is missing, everything else works normal

I've just recently had this problem after I've installed Window 7 64-bit version. I did as recommended and backed up everything and had to perform a format since you cannot upgrade from a 32-bit environment to a 64-bit.

Prior to installing that, I had just installed a second SATA drive 1TB in a Non Raid Array configuration. Just to have a second drive in order to put most of my programs on leaving the main 200GB drive to handle the operating systems processes.

With the previous Windows (XP Pro), the new drive wasn't getting recognized in My Computer. Just OS itself didn't, BIOS seen the drive and it's capacity.

Reluctant to go messing with my stable system, I proceeded anyways and found my new OS to be stable and in good working order. It even recognizes both of my drives.

Here is my dilema and I apologize to anyone for this being a longwinded post, please bear with me while I fully try to explain my symptom.

The first thing I did was use my external backup and started copying files into a new Program Files directory I made on my 1TB drive after formatting it.

Once I had everything transferred over I had a couple of small quirks I had to tweak with getting Eq2/EQ2Maps(Auto)/Profit UI functioning.

What I'm bothered with now, and it is a very minute thing. My Eq2 Mapupdater icon, you know the compass looking one? It just vanished and I can't get it to come back unless I have my external drive plugged in and I used the desktop shortcut properites of the Eq2Map shell icon and find it on the external drive.

I've uninstalled and completely reinstalled to that drive and the same thing the icon somehow just doesn't get copied.

If I let the Eq2 program install to the default Program Files (x86) directory on the drive with my OS, then will it function properly.

I've attempted to run in Window XP mode, and it's not a run as administrator issue.

Anybody else out there run into this problem?

Is there a way for me to just manually find on my CPU or download that icon thumbnail, so I can archive this experience.

Thanks for your time if you've managed to stay with me and read the entire thread.

Once again my apologies for the length of this post.

All the best and have fun out there!

Shadeed 82 Assn/80 Tailor/400Tink, RET

Co-Founder of the guild Fade to Black (Lvl 55 Guild w/ T2 GH in NFP) along with the wifey Combat (originated on the Shadowhaven which merged with I don't recall what other server(s) into The Bazaar server. Due to this being an exchange server and not really knowing what it meant till much later, the population dropped significantly between TSO - SF. So, I rerolled an Assn named Shadizzle (90Assn/90Jew/450Adorn/Muter) over on Crushbone and now I'm 1 of 2 main Assn's in an EU guild called Aenigma (Current progress cleared easy and started hard mode as of yesterday.)
Unread 05-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Are you talking about the shortcut to launch the EQ2MAP updater? I don't know why your icon would disappear, but you can always just create another shortcut to (click copy on EQ2MAP_Updater, then right click "create copy" where you'd like the shortcut).
Unread 05-20-2010, 01:35 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeed View Post
What I'm bothered with now, and it is a very minute thing. My Eq2 Mapupdater icon, you know the compass looking one? It just vanished and I can't get it to come back unless I have my external drive plugged in and I used the desktop shortcut properites of the Eq2Map shell icon and find it on the external drive.
If I understand you correctly the icon has in fact not vanished but is still on your desktop. To change the path it points to simply right click -> properties and adjust the path. Or delete it, find the EQ2MAP_Updater.exe in it's install location, right click -> Create Shortcut. Move the shortcut to where you want it.